Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hire an actor ?

Options
  • 09-03-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hope someone can help me or direct me ?
    looking to hire someone for a hour maximum (plus a meeting of 30 mins a few weeks prior to day) to perform a non legal (obviously) wedding ceremony in in 2015.

the couple will already be married but want a "ceremony of sorts" for family & friends. the actor will be given all information & wording.the reason an actor is being sought is the humanist society is fully booked & they want it completely non religion especially since all legalities are already done. a fellow event planner in the states suggested this idea mad as it may seem !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Elothar

Try your local amatuer dramatics society. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Male or female actor?

Professional actors are often asked to do this. You could go through one of the Dublin agents, or PM me if you want more advice.

Just noticed the date of your post! Assume you found someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tig09

inisboffin wrote: »

No ! Actually its not required until late 2015. Tried professional acting unions/ groups & amateur & most haven't bothered to get back to me the two larger groups that did quoted a LOT more than the cost of a legal ceremony would even cost !
    I've been pushing to the end if my to do list but this thread has reminded me to sort it

inisboffin wrote: »

No ! Actually its not required until late 2015. Tried professional acting unions/ groups & amateur & most haven't bothered to get back to me the two larger groups that did quoted a LOT more than the cost of a legal ceremony would even cost !
    I've been pushing to the end if my to do list but this thread has reminded me to sort it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Elothar

Why are you looking for an actor in particular? Why don't they have a friend do it? Surely if it's a non-legal ceremony then anyone could do it? Maybe even a brave stranger! :)

tig09 wrote: »

Male or female actor? If you're still having trouble PM me, I know people who have actually done it. It's actually becoming quite popular to hire actors to do this.

Elothar wrote: »
    Why are you looking for an actor in particular? Why don't they have a friend do it? Surely if it's a non-legal ceremony then anyone could do it? Maybe even a brave stranger! :)

If we could find a brave stranger we would be happy, we wouldn't want a friend as I would want all friends and family to attend the day and enjoy. We just want someone confident, reliable and will treat it with some level if seriousness ;)

Replied to your message, hope you get sorted :)

Advertisement