Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Local bargains and various deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Not the Restaurant but the Pizza joint, damn. Fairly hard to eat €20 worth of Pizza :D

There's plenty of great options other than pizza in Da Roberta's Pizzeria. Check out the menu:

http://darobertasalthill.com/DaRobertaPizzeria.aspx

I hadn't noticed that it wasn't applicable to take away. I hope they're flexible about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Saoirse G

Either way its a lovely restaurant, I bought one of those vouchers too, cant wait to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭galwaylad1980

They don't accept it for take away so just used ate in there.

Gorgeous as always!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭galwaylad1980

They don't accept it for take away so just used ate in there.

Gorgeous as always!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Not the Restaurant but the Pizza joint, damn. Fairly hard to eat €20 worth of Pizza :D
    I don't eat pizza but it's one of my favourite places to eat...they have some great pasta dishes(the fusilli al pesto callibrese is just gorgeous) and the best antipasto misto starter.

I need to get me a voucher:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Does anyone have insider information if Dealz plan to open in town? Y'know anytime soon? They'd be most welcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

30 Eur to spend for 15 Eur.
    Has anyone eaten here?
    Any good?

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/515/deals/247770-30-to-spend-on-thai-and-asian-cuisine

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you try searching the forum for Tamarind?
    Many posts about it, all positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Yep, many times. The missus loves it and i've no complaints either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Saoirse G

Fabulous food and really nice staff. Love it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

There always seems to be a catch with living social deals. The recent deal for eco car wash superior valet can only be used in the branch in the Clayton hotel rather than Hynes yard on Saturday. There is always a catch with these deals. I don't think businesses do themselves any favours, if they apply additional conditions after you've bought the voucher they just don't get repeat custom which I assume is the reason they sign up to LIving Social to begin with. Okay, rant over..:mad:

If you think you were mis-sold the product, complain to LivingSocial.

I've only purchased a few deals, but no catches yet.

Edit:apparently that deal was only for the Carlton Hotel location.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

snubbleste wrote: »
    If you think you were mis-sold the product, complain to LivingSocial.

I've only purchased a few deals, but no catches yet.

Edit:apparently that deal was only for the Carlton Hotel location.

Seriously? Bought one for the old man because I saw mobile numbers for both car washes when browsing the site and assumed it meant Hynes Yard too. Not happy if that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Link to the deal. If you've been wronged take it to Consumer Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

always read the small print Full conditions are there I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/515/deals/278890-full-boiler-service

Home heating boiler service for 29 euro. It can really help you boiler to use oil more efficiently if you haven't had it done in a while. We paid 120 for one recently.

Seeking cheap milk again at 50c a litre or less

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

snubbleste wrote: »
    Seeking cheap milk again at 50c a litre or less

Is there any that cheap? Cheapest I found is 1.50 for 2 litres in tesco, dunnes and lidl.

• Advertisement

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Is there any that cheap? Cheapest I found is 1.50 for 2 litres in tesco, dunnes and lidl.
    Yes there was but now it has gone up to €1.25 per 2l.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Got this SMS from Mizzoni pizza today...
    "Mizzoni special only for today --- Buy and 12.5 pizza with 3 toppings for only 8 Euro. Valid today till 01:00 AM."

Their offers usually incl free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭200yrolecrank

J o e wrote: »
    Got this SMS from Mizzoni pizza today...
    "Mizzoni special only for today --- Buy and 12.5 pizza with 3 toppings for only 8 Euro. Valid today till 01:00 AM."

Their offers usually incl free delivery.
    Stopped off for a soup and sandwich at Pura Vida coffee and bakery don the Spanish arch.
    Really tasty homemade soup €5 for the deal,got a couple of more deals going on but I can't remember them right now.

€1 for a hot drink at Mocha Beans
    €2.50 for a hot drink and scone/muffin
    www.dealpage.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Seagate hard drives are back in Easons. the following are USB 3 too
    1TB = €99
    portable 1TB =€129
    2tb = €139
    not sure what PC World & Maplin have them for but there has been a 5 month gap in Easons' supply caused by the weather in Thailand destroying factories last year.
    & Eason's have tended to be about the best price when they've been in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Stevolende wrote: »
    Seagate hard drives are back in Easons. the following are USB 3 too
    1TB = €99
    portable 1TB =€129
    2tb = €139
    not sure what PC World & Maplin have them for but there has been a 5 month gap in Easons' supply caused by the weather in Thailand destroying factories last year.
    & Eason's have tended to be about the best price when they've been in stock.

Where in Eason's would these be?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Upstairs in the stationary dept towards the back wall on the same shelf unit as media like dvdrs ther's a see-through plastic case with them in. They have to get them from the back so you might as well ask the staf f anyway. but upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Is this a bargain for a tenner? Only catch I can see is you have to cancel a month in advance, bottle deposit of €12.70 (Is that for the 2 bottles included in the deal?), Sanitisation of €17
    12-Month Ballygowan Water Cooler Rental with Two 18.9-Litre Bottles of Water

• Voucher for residential properties only
    • No obligation rental - To cancel call 1800423222 with at least one months notice, it will be picked up within 2 weeks
    • Included in the deal is 2 x 18.9 litre bottle of Ballygowan water
    • Any additional water will be charged at €9.50 per 18.9 litre bottle including delivery (reduced rate for LivingSocial customers, normally €9.50 + VAT)
    • Bottle deposit of €12.70 and payment by direct debit
    • Sanitisation of €17.00 + VAT twice a year – this will happen after the first six months
    • Credit card details will be required for any damages to the cooler
    • Additional water can be paid for by Direct Debit
    • Available for delivery in Galway and Co. Galway only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

sounds like a good deal, i wonder would laser card details do

Advertisement