Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema ennis road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was at the cinema myself last night. About 50 of us in at the 8:45 showing of Contraband.

There was an issue for the first few trailers with the cropping as mentioned before but didn't see any issue after that. The picture quality was very clear and the sound was good too. The seats where comfortable with plenty of leg room which was great as my knees used to be killing me by the end of a movie in storm.

Food is expense as is to be expected I suppose but all and all it was an enjoyable experience. The cinema as a whole is not that big but thats fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just a quick question does anyone know if they sell cheesy nachos in the new cinema, we are going to see the hunger games on Friday and a friend is refusing to go until she finds out if they sell then :D

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Just a quick question does anyone know if they sell cheesy nachos in the new cinema, we are going to see the hunger games on Friday and a friend is refusing to go until she finds out if they sell then :D

Ya they have those nachos with the cheesey dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya they have those nachos with the cheesey dip.

Thank you, I will let her know:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 boca999

krudler wrote: »
    I live near the omniplex so it makes more sense (and its cheaper) to go there but I'll probably go see something in showtime tonight, while it has that new cinema smell :pac: is it fully finished inside or are they still decorating and the like? anyone find the pic and sound quality better than storm (wouldnt be hard) or the omniplex?
    Havnt been out there yet, but I know Storms pic and sound quality has been perfect since their digital install.. I hear new cinema has the same so lets hope competition will be a good thing for cinema goers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

boca999 wrote: »
    Havnt been out there yet, but I know Storms pic and sound quality has been perfect since their digital install.. I hear new cinema has the same so lets hope competition will be a good thing for cinema goers

Tell that to my friend who went to see Hunger Games at 8 last night and left at 8:45 because they couldn't get the projector to work/fix it. The amount of films the pair of us have gone to that have been faulty like that in Storm is unreal.

Going to this new cinema Sunday so looking forward to seeing how that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Tell that to my friend who went to see Hunger Games at 8 last night and left at 8:45 because they couldn't get the projector to work/fix it. The amount of films the pair of us have gone to that have been faulty like that in Storm is unreal.

Going to this new cinema Sunday so looking forward to seeing how that is.

Something like this happened at the new Show Time cinema today, my friend went there at 3pm and after 15mins they could not get the film to play (why I don't know) but they did ring her and tell her that the 6pm showing would be working fine and it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chucktaylor

I was there on Friday, the projectors weren't working came back five minutes later and it was grand. The local youth however arn't the best though, was seeing 21 Jump Street and they wouldn't stop jumping and screaming and running around. However beyond that enjoyable experience. Small cropping issue but I didn't notice it that much and the sound and visual are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

We went to 6 pm showing of Hunger Games . Thought it was excellent.

Widest screen I have seen in a while so we had to sit right at the back or it was disconcerting to watch- or maybe it was just me.

A bit of cropping on the adds - but who cares , if it was during the film we did'nt notice.

Great seats, very comfy and a great asset for all of us on the west side

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nineoutof10

Been there twice now, went to see The Muppets with my girlfriend, 2 brothers and sister for kids club on Saturday, 5 tickets for €20 inc. booking fee. I thought it was very reasonable. Food was great too, 13.50 or something like that for 2 Regular drinks, a large popcorn and a bag of sweets. For 5 of us to go cinema with food it was around €50 so I was happy out! Went back Sunday for 21 Jump Street and it was great, on in screen 1, very big screen, maybe a lil too big but great sound and video quality. I do hope that they get an Unlimited card as I would go more than once a week! They'd make their money off of me eating :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

saw The Hunger Games earlier, really impressed with the place, tons of legroom, seats lean back a fair bit, was in screen 2 and its pretty big, sound and picture were immaculate, even during the ads, which there werent too much of, four short ads and three trailers if I remember right, they've definitely got a new customer in me anyway would really recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Does anyone know if they do Slush Puppies at the food counter there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they do Slush Puppies at the food counter there?

they sure do, of what i saw there was cola and red..which would either be strawberry or raspberry? might be more but i wasnt really looking

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Strawberry is red. Raspberry is blue. No, I don't know why either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Thanks for the info guy.

According to their Facebook, due to reasons beyond their control Titanic will not be available in the cinema on the day of the anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

In there again last night, really like the place but there was only 6 people at the flick(wrath of the titans). Does anyone know is it doing well?

I think they need to push advertising more, can't find anything on the post about listings and i don't know if there's a website but nothing shows up for showtime cinema limerick on google which is a big mistake in my opinion. Also a display or posters of whats on would help. You've a lot of car driving by there, seeing a poster or being reminded of film X might pull in some extra punters.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Not much in the way of signage outside the place. Quite an odd lack of advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Agreed about the signage, never seen a cinema without the big sign outside saying what films are on and what times they are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭Tefral

My Other Halfs parents frequent the Jetland Shopping Centre regularly and they didnt even know it was there that will tell you the impact the signage has! They only found out as I said I was going.

Cinema is ultra clean and the recliners and leg room are great! The staff were also very friendly.

I definitely think the advertising needs to get better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

i don't know if there's a website but nothing shows up for showtime cinema limerick on google which is a big mistake in my opinion.

if you Google without the limerick you'll get it,

http://www.showtimecinemas.ie/index.php?__site=SHOWTIMELhttp://

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

I was at the new cinema last week, screen and sound were top class, didn't like the recliner seats myself to be honest and the cinema was not very clean, hadn't been cleaned properly after previous show. The queue for tickets was long also as the lads on the tills didn't seem to have the hang of them. Hopefully the faults here are just teething problems. I will be back to give it another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

I went yesterday with my son to see,Battleship,a group of about five kids aged roughly between five and ten ran up and down the stairs yelling and generally making it impossible to enjoy the movie,the two teenage girls responsible for minding this rabble,sat laughing out loud at their antics,about half an hour in, the ushers came in and asked them to leave,they were told to "f**k off,we done nahin wrong",one of them walked out and soon reappeared with a rather official looking bloke with a mobile phone,he spoke into the phone and the movie paused,the girls refused to move,so the lights came on and the screen went blank,one of the children standing near the bloke with the phone said"hes talkin to the gards,you know they'll arrest you,so,with that they finally got up and left the room,the official looking bloke apologised to the crowd,all six of us,and then the movie re commenced,it's a bit expensive,but any cinema that goes to that length to throw pain in the arse pests out,and then apologise for the inconvenience is ok by me,oh,the room was clean&comfortable and what we seen of the movie it was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Comhrá

FROM HOGFLEM

any cinema that goes to that length to throw pain in the arse pests out,and then apologise for the inconvenience is ok by me

Fair play to them for taking action with those little knackers.
    I must make my first visit to the cinema this weekend.

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

i went last week, and everything was great bar the seats, which I don't like at all. Being quite tall, if a person sits in front and reclines, yer fecked. Plus they are awkwardly rigid. My nephew and niece hated them too because they kept moving. Doubt I'll be back for that reason, much prefer the omniplex seats.

i went last week, and everything was great bar the seats, which I don't like at all. Being quite tall, if a person sits in front and reclines, yer fecked. Plus they are awkwardly rigid. My nephew and niece hated them too because they kept moving. Doubt I'll be back for that reason, much prefer the omniplex seats.

I know it's only in one screen but the luxury seats have even more leg room than the normal screens which may suit you better if your very tall.

I don't mind the reclining because it doesn't recline and stay back it just supports your weight which determines how much you recline. To recline right back on someone would be tough enough I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

Went to see a film there the other day, I must say that the screen and sound were brilliant, very clear.
    I would agree that the seats are a little annoying, you actually have to put an extra force backwards to recline, unlike the storm seats that recline with just your weight, its easier to just sit there straight up. Also if someone was reclining infront of your seat they would be seriously impacting on your space(wasn't a problem when I was there though, small crowd).

Other than the seats I thought it was great, I'll definitely go back again, maybe the seats can be got used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Went there last night for lock out, it was the first time ever that i was the only person in the screen, i was the only person in the entire cinema that i could see. I was getting worried for the place but when i came out at 8.15 the place was bustling with people, that was good to see. If anyone wants to beats queues, around 6.30 seems to be the time to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

At avengers there last night have to day picture and sound quality and superior to any cinema in town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,409 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There last night for Avengers and loved the place...seats far more comfortable than the Omniplex..plenty of legroom.
    As someone said above the sound system was fantastic,,,really clean sounding and not blaring out ****e like in storm etc...picture quality was superb.

Advertisement