Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Txt-Speak invading Real World

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I always announce when I'm going for a sh't! I try and make estimations for the lads too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭A_M101

I worry for people a few years younger than me who got mobile phones before even hitting secondary school...will they ever be able to write proper English?? Some of them just seem incapable of it. In fact, I don't worry for them, I worry for the English language.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Dragan wrote: »
    Personally i love it as it is an good indicator to stop talking to someone before their idiocy offends me.

In theory thats a good idea, but what if it was a really really hot chick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I don't know anyone who talks like that in real life. That's bizarre!

I have no problem with txt spk while texting, sometimes use it myself. But actually talking that way? That's taking it way too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The world is full of morons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    The world is full of morons.

And only some of them are hot.

Advertisement