Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tax Back services in Ireland, how much of a percentage do they take from your claim ?

• 26-11-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

As they say in father Ted "I just didn't want to fill out the forms". Ive only ever done this once in my life, it was years ago (more then 4), and my old man did it for me at the time. Ive probably lost out out on hundreds if not thousands over the years for not doing it every year, so Im going to do it this year.

I know there are companies that will do this for you and take a cut, on the plus side theres no need to fill out the forms and if you dont get a return (I had one friend who got nothing actually ended up owing 800 euros) you dont pay anything, Im concerned at how much of a cut they take. Does anyone have any experience with these companies and know exactly how much they take ?.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Not a State Benefits issue - moved

• Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

It takes me 30-60 mins to do a tax return.

Why bother paying somebody maybe 100-500 euro when you can easily do it yourself.

Plenty of advice here or on web.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Geuze wrote: »
    Why bother paying somebody maybe 100-500 euro when you can easily do it yourself.

Id have to back date it for the last 4 years. 100 I could maybe handle but 500 ?, I might be doing it myself so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭relax carry on

J0hnick wrote: »
    Id have to back date it for the last 4 years. 100 I could maybe handle but 500 ?, I might be doing it myself so.

Are you declaring additional income or are you just checking to see if you are you are due money back? If it's just am I due money back, then register for the online self service system and do it yourself. There are videos to show you how to do it.

Are you declaring additional income or are you just checking to see if you are you are due money back? If it's just am I due money back, then register for the online self service system and do it yourself. There are videos to show you how to do it.

Cheers, I tried filling in the form but it wont accept my PPS number even though its the exact same as it is on my card. I remember having a similar problem years ago in my last job applying for their company health care, and they told me what the problem was but in the end but I totally forgot what they said at the time.

I think they said mine had a letter at the end that wasnt on my card, as its supposed to be 9 characters long now and mine is only 8 and all numbers :confused:

• Advertisement

Cheers, I tried filling in the form but it wont accept my PPS number even though its the exact same as it is on my card. I remember having a similar problem years ago in my last job applying for their company health care, and they told me what the problem was but in the end but I totally forgot what they said at the time.

I think they said mine had a letter at the end that wasnt on my card, as its supposed to be 9 characters long now and mine is only 8 and all numbers :confused:

Your pps number is 7 numbers with a letter at the end. Look at your payslip or p60 to get your correct Pps. Then register for the online service and have a look at the videos.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/online/paye-anytime.html

Your pps number is 7 numbers with a letter at the end. Look at your payslip or p60 to get your correct Pps. Then register for the online service and have a look at the videos.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/online/paye-anytime.html

Thanks, just checked, I thought mine ended in a 0 but its an O :rolleyes:

Just got my PIN and logged into the site, I'm looking at my Tax's from 2010 and under PAYE Tax Credit and Personal Tax Credit it says "Gross Relief Due" and a decent chunk of money, but when I click on either and try to select Add To Your Requests, its greyed out :confused:

Ive watched the videos, but this is my first time doing this so am I missing something ?, Ive only got till the end of the month to claim it.

Just got my PIN and logged into the site, I'm looking at my Tax's from 2010 and under PAYE Tax Credit and Personal Tax Credit it says "Gross Relief Due" and a decent chunk of money, but when I click on either and try to select Add To Your Requests, its greyed out :confused:

Ive watched the videos, but this is my first time doing this so am I missing something ?, Ive only got till the end of the month to claim it.

Those are standard credits given to everyone so you should have already been granted them.
    Everything is colour coded in the online service.
    Green means you have claimed it already, blue means you can possibly claim it and grey means you can't claim it for some reason.

Advertisement