Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fashion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Navy, you'll always look sharp in a navy blazer.
    You'll look even sharper in a white shirt.

you've not many options really. White or a baby blue. A navy shirt could be an option. Personally I never wear darker coloured shirts but it will look good.

Don't do pink or purple anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Slattsy wrote: »
    Navy, you'll always look sharp in a navy blazer.
    You'll look even sharper in a white shirt.

you've not many options really. White or a baby blue. A navy shirt could be an option. Personally I never wear darker coloured shirts but it will look good.

Don't do pink or purple anyway.

Will do, was thinking of striped shirts and plain white anyways.

Thanks

A check navy and white one could be nice.
    Not too formal especially if you're going for the vans.

A check navy and white one could be nice.
    Not too formal especially if you're going for the vans.

Hope this doesn't sound stupid but do you always tuck in the shirt when wearing a blazer??

Oh yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Well lads,

Bought a navy blue blazer, just wondering the best shirt colour to go for?

Going to wear it with a pair of jeans and either vans or brown boots

My thoughts on this are if you're going to wear a blazer, shirt and jeans, then wearing vans will let your outfit down.

Wear brown boots and match the belt to the shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Where's the best place for a new pair of shoes lads? Looking for a nice brown pair for socializing in. Not too expensive though.

Anywhere online?

I was recently in Chicago and got myself a pair of these boots

They're 50% off at the moment so you're getting them for $50 - I brought it to the cart just there to see how much shipping to Ireland is and it's showing up as $8 - which is very good value imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any suggestions for raincoats for the season quickly setting in?

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Was thinking something that would go over jumpers etc. so wouldn't be looking for a big North Face type thing. Probably something reasonably light ideally.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Was thinking something that would go over jumpers etc. so wouldn't be looking for a big North Face type thing. Probably something reasonably light ideally.
    H&M do decent jackets for low prices

Quality could be called into question here but I bought a knock around bomber jacket and it's the warmest thing I own, had it two years now and while I wouldn't be wearing it on nights out it works well around winter and for casual wear. On the whole though - for the cost of the jackets in H&M you can't go wrong

Link here & Another here

Additionally, if you're looking for something lighter than that - picked up something similar to the below jacket in H&M whilst on hols lately, can't see the one I got on their site, maybe it's not in the UK or something

Link

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I wouldn't be the standing out in the rain type!

keane2097 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be the standing out in the rain type!
    Keaaaap the powdurr dry :pac:

I need umbrella suggestions lads?? Lol

Who's in the rain that long to need a rain coat!

I need umbrella suggestions lads?? Lol

Who's in the rain that long to need a rain coat!
    Something I'll be looking at in the next month will be an upgraded winter jacket - have a nice pea coat but could do with something with some length and a good collar

Then to add to that - an umbrella with a wooden handle something like this...

I've only ever used golf umbrellas but it'd be nice to own a gentlemans brolly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

LOL i can only imagine the type of 'fashion' boards.ie users follow. I'm imagining a lot of leonard holfstaders and howard wolowitz's lol

Mod - banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 383 ✭✭Mike747

EdenHazard wrote: »
    LOL i can only imagine the type of 'fashion' boards.ie users follow. I'm imagining a lot of leonard holfstaders and howard wolowitz's lol

Fedoras, neckbeards, high school shooter trench coats, metal t shirts, finger less gloves.

Standard austimal get up.

Mod - banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Good pair of black leather gloves anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

any suggestion on where to get a good selection of shirts...ive quite a long back and its fcuking impossible to get a good fitting shirt for a night out

Well Lads,

Ive a wedding friday week and i was thinking of wearing my navy blazer with dark grey trousers. Haven't much else to match for the day

Is that gonna look really bad?

Was gonna wear a white shirt with tie.. not sure the colour tie to go with either..

All help and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

You have to wear a suit. Simples.

You have to wear a suit. Simples.

Can't afford one at the moment Slattsy

So it's either that blazer or just shirt tie and trousers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

You'll pick a very decent looking suit up in Penneys for 30 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If you are goin to the full thing a shirt and tie is a minimum mate.

I'd drop the blazer then. Shirt and tie.

Stay away from those horses ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Lads any idea where to get a green wax jacket? Have been looking around in the likes of Debenhams, River Island, Topshop and nothing at all. Don't want to spend £250 on a Barbour one - do I have any alternatives?

Something like this ---> http://www.lyst.com/clothing/vintage-renewal-wax-jacket-in-green-1/

Magee in Arnotts might be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Well Lads,

Ive a wedding friday week and i was thinking of wearing my navy blazer with dark grey trousers. Haven't much else to match for the day

Is that gonna look really bad?

Was gonna wear a white shirt with tie.. not sure the colour tie to go with either..

All help and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Contrary to a lot of advice, what you are trying to do might work; It's called "spezzato", an Italian work that literally indicates something that is broken in half. In this case, however, it's used to describe pairing a jacket/blazer and trousers which are not part of the same suit. Different colors are mandatory - and the contrast has to be picked fairly carefully; Ideally, one of the two element should be of a fair, neutral colour (gray, cream, sand) and the other dark.

An example of "spezzato" would be this:
    diverso-uomo-3.jpg

It is normally considered adequate for a wedding (add a tie).

Not sure about the colours you have in your wardrobe; Best course of action - do a fitting test and check how it looks.

Advertisement