Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested testing a game I'm working on?

• 12-11-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm working on a clone of Cards Against Humanity app with a few friends at the moment and was wondering would anyone be interested in trying it out?

The Game is called "Morals Are Optional".

How it works:
    • One device runs the game and displays the "table"
    • Each player who is playing connects to the game using any device with a web browser (Phone/Tablet/Laptop - Devices must be on the same wi-fi network as the game device)
    • Cards are dealt out to each of the players, which are only visible on their device (the judge will be rotated each round)

There are other CAH apps, but I don't think any work like this one. It is local only as a design decision to as closely emulate the experience of actually playing the card game. It has a very small barrier to entry as you only need a WI-FI network, one device with the app and then a web enabled device each player (e.g. most peoples phones). For example "Dehumanize Your Friends" if I am not mistaken requires a chromecast and each player to have an android phone with the app on it.

Current State:
    • Game runs on PC (as its Java presumably Linux and Mac too)
    • Cards from the CAH American base back are there (Cards are CC0)
    • Game can be played, sometimes players may need to reload the webpage on their phone (they will keep the same cards etc)
    • New Players can join midway through a game

The "TODO" list:
    • Game to run on Android
    • Players can't leave :pac:
    • More than one blank black cards are ignored
    • Add aditional card packs (also allowing for custom packs)
    • Chromecast Support (Chromecast becomes table)
    • Loads of UI and UX improvments
    • Maybe introducing optional gameification elements such as points for being the fastest submitter of cards etc

I will throw up some screen shots later today if I get a chance.

I would love to hear any feedback you have! If anyone is interested in giving it a go please let me know and I can provide a version. Even if you are not interested in getting a copy I would be interested in what you think (in terms of, is it too much effort etc)

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement