Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players Championship Finals

• 24-11-2014 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭

Schedule of Play
    Friday November 28
    Afternoon Session (12.45pm-5pm)

First Round
    Ian White v Jamie Caven
    Justin Pipe v Wes Newton
    Brendan Dolan v Kevin Painter
    Robert Thornton v Darren Webster
    Kim Huybrechts v Terry Jenkins
    Michael Smith v Andy Smith
    Simon Whitlock v Dean Winstanley
    Mervyn King v Andrew Gilding

Evening Session (7pm-11pm)
    First Round
    Stephen Bunting v Steve Beaton
    Vincent van der Voort v Andy Hamilton
    James Wade v Jelle Klaasen
    Adrian Lewis v Dave Chisnall
    Phil Taylor v Ronnie Baxter
    Gary Anderson v Christian Kist
    Michael van Gerwen v Raymond van Barneveld
    Peter Wright v Benito van de Pas

Saturday November 29

Second Round
    Thornton/Webster v White/Caven
    Dolan/Painter v Pipe/Newton
    M Smith/A Smith v Lewis/Chisnall
    Wade/Klaasen v Whitlock/Winstanley

Second Round
    Wright/van de Pas v van der Voort/Hamilton
    van Gerwen/van Barneveld v Huybrechts/Jenkins
    King/Gilding v Taylor/Baxter
    Anderson/Kist v Bunting/Beaton

Sunday November 30

Quarter-Finals
    Thornton/Webster/White/Caven v M Smith/A Smith/Lewis/Chisnall
    van Gerwen/van Barneveld/Huybrechts/Jenkins v Dolan/Painter/Pipe/Newton
    Wade/Klaasen/Whitlock/Winstanley v Wright/van de Pas/van der Voort/Hamilton
    Anderson/Kist/Bunting/Beaton v King/Gilding/Taylor/Baxter

Semi-Finals
    Final

Format
    First Round - Best of 11 legs
    Second Round - Best of 19 legs
    Quarter-Finals - Best of 19 legs
    Semi-Finals - Best of 21 legs
    Final - Best of 21 legs

Prize Fund
    Winner £65,000
    Runner-Up £35,000
    Semi-Finalists £17,000
    Quarter-Finalists £11,500
    Second Round Losers £7,000
    First Round Losers £4,000

I seen something the other day saying Taylor wasn't taking part but he's incloded in the draw so must be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Coverage is on itv4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

bar the obvious of pipe and newton game, that is a cracking line up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

For those who in UPC land (who geoblock ITV4 sports programmes) its also live on SetantaIRL with the exception of the Saturday evening session.

One of my favourite competitions, seems to attract a traditional fan base who travel en masse to Butlins Minehead to make a long weekend of it.
    Also can be some fun early pairings with the different seeding system, though annoyingly the top 4 in the world have still managed to get into 4 different quarters this time.

Finally always interesting to see who has missed out as its often a sign of long term career slippage. Former winner Paul Nicholson is a name that leaps out.

For those who in UPC land (who geoblock ITV4 sports programmes) its also live on SetantaIRL with the exception of the Saturday evening session.

One of my favourite competitions, seems to attract a traditional fan base who travel en masse to Butlins Minehead to make a long weekend of it.
    Also can be some fun early pairings with the different seeding system, though annoyingly the top 4 in the world have still managed to get into 4 different quarters this time.

Finally always interesting to see who has missed out as its often a sign of long term career slippage. Former winner Paul Nicholson is a name that leaps out.

I was looking at the rankings before the weekend and Barney was just in the draw by couple hundred quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

I see theres a (strong) possibility of Anderson v Bunting in the second round. Match ups like that actually bring a smile to my face.

Edit: Just saw the winner will meet Taylor most likely :-(

• Advertisement

the seeding draw opens up possibilities not usually seen as the oom ranking on the protour shakes things up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I see that Mark Webster has failed to qualify for this. He is really struggling and flying down the rankings. It's amazing really considering he is a BDO World Champ and has made the semi-finals of the PDC Worlds twice by beating Taylor in one of them. It's going to be hard for him to get his career back on track. Did that year in the Premier League cause him to lose all confidence in himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I see that Mark Webster has failed to qualify for this. He is really struggling and flying down the rankings. It's amazing really considering he is a BDO World Champ and has made the semi-finals of the PDC Worlds twice by beating Taylor in one of them. It's going to be hard for him to get his career back on track. Did that year in the Premier League cause him to lose all confidence in himself?

I like Webster but it might just be that he isn't good enough. The standard in the PDC is getting higher and higher and he just can't keep pace with it.

Kingp35 wrote: »

I thought the PL effected his confidence, as it has with others but he has never seemed to regain that confidence. Did he ever leave his job(welder or something)?

Devastator wrote: »
    I thought the PL effected his confidence, as it has with others but he has never seemed to regain that confidence. Did he ever leave his job(welder or something)?

Plumber. And I think he did yeah. That year in the PL really was disastrous for him. Pity, he always seemed sound in interviews and that. Imagine the toughts of trying to make ur way back up the rankings given how high the standard is now. What Bunting has achieved in under a year is unreal.

• Advertisement

load of rubbish spewed out by mardle.

Webster was not affected by the pl, if that was the case how come he picked up huge victories after the pl in comps, including wins over taylor and others on tv ?

Just because he won the pisspoor lake****e dont mean he is top quality, any jobber can do well in the bdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dolan wins his match in a deciding leg. Feel it was vital for him to get past the first round here considering he was seeded 7th. Wes newton up next for him in round 2

Andy Smith just bt Michael Smith 6-4.

Wow the fukkin pie man wins a game on tv

KevIRL wrote: »

Ha yeah. M Smith really wasnt at the races at all tho early in the match. Pieman was up 5-1.

Ha yeah. M Smith really wasnt at the races at all tho early in the match. Pieman was up 5-1.

Klassen wins 4 legs in a row to beat wade. Surprised at that result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

wow from anderson, some game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

About to oche off, best of 19 legs today.

Afternoon.
    Thornton v Caven (best prices 4/7, 13/8).
    Dolan v Newton (Evens, 11/10)
    Pieman v Lewis (9/2, 1/5).
    Klassen v Winstansley (10/11, 11/10).

Evening.
    Wright v VDDV (8/15, 7/4).
    MVG v Jenks (1/6, 5/1).
    King v Taylor (5/1, 1/6).
    Anderson v Bunting (4/5, 6/5).

Some blow up this by Jabba

• Advertisement

Some blow up this by Jabba

haha, 9-4 ahead and somehow ends up in a final leg decider, but snatches it with a bull finish

Newton bts Dolan.

wilddarts wrote: »
    Plumber. And I think he did yeah. That year in the PL really was disastrous for him. Pity, he always seemed sound in interviews and that. Imagine the toughts of trying to make ur way back up the rankings given how high the standard is now. What Bunting has achieved in under a year is unreal.

Oh he did? I never heard & always thought it showed a lack in his own ability if he felt he needed to keep working as a backup plan.
    Bunt has had a great year but I wonder if its just the first year excitment. Few others have came across and been class in their first year but then fall away a bit after a year or 2. I hope not, he seems like a good lad and he's a good player too.
    load of rubbish spewed out by mardle.

Webster was not affected by the pl, if that was the case how come he picked up huge victories after the pl in comps, including wins over taylor and others on tv ?

Just because he won the pisspoor lake****e dont mean he is top quality, any jobber can do well in the bdo.

Webster's win over Taylor in the worlds was prior to the premier league....that one result might have got him his PL place that year. He has never beaten Taylor since in tournaments, not sure about floor events.

I can't stand Mardle but I do remember hearing Webster say the PL affected him in the year he was in it because he felt a lot more pressure

Jamie Caven 10-9 Robert Thornton
    Wes Newton 10-5 Brendan Dolan
    Adrian Lewis 10-3 Andy Smith
    Dean Winstanley 10-5 Jelle Klaasen

I didnt get to see too much today as the football was on and probably not get to see much of tonight either due to the boxing lol. Feew good games on paper tonight, Anderson/Bunting & MVG/jenkins could be really good games

the VDV surge! 5-3 down and won 10-5!

Jenks 10-7 MVG!

Great matchup, MVG's missed doubles lost him the match. Terry played great too, based on his most recent form he would be a cracking shout to get a place back in the premier league. He's a fans favorite and he's back playing some of the best darts of his career.

Wouldn't it be great(I didnt wanna say ironic because of that song lol) if Terry got into the PL and won it....but still would be labelled as never winning a major lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anderson catching fire here, keep it up.

Taylor 10-7 comfortable win for Taylor. Not a great match, crowd went a bit flat at times as I think they were just waiting for a Taylor win.

Missed D12 for a 9 darter from Taylor in it

Anderson 7-3 up....its a good night for this boxing to go on late :D

Sunday November 30

Quarter-Finals
    Jamie Caven v Adrian Lewis
    Terry Jenkins v Wes Newton
    Dean Winstanley v Vincent van der Voort
    Gary Anderson v Phil Taylor

Semi-Finals
    Jenkins/Newton v Caven/Lewis
    Anderson/Taylor v Winstanley/van der Voort

Final

Predictions :D

Caven 5-10 Lewis
    Jenkins 10-7 Newton
    Winstanley 10-8 VDV
    Anderson 8-10 Taylor

Jenkins 8-11 Lewis
    Winstanley 5-11 Taylor

Lewis 11-8 Taylor :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

winner of anderson taylor wins it out

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    but I do remember hearing Webster say the PL affected him in the year he was in it because he felt a lot more pressure

Exactly this. I remember him saying it himself.

Advertisement