Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My3 PrePay for Android

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'm wondering if they borked the site. It seems very strange what they did. The login procedure is almost identical but they included a repeated step.

So you think they might have done it accidentally and will change it back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭ Daisy Dazzling Marinade

I'm not sure, It doesn't make sense what the did anyway. But that doesn't mean 3 will rollback their change!

This just slows things down as its more HTTP requests that need to be made. They already have many 301 & 302 re-directs as it is.

Watch out for them out of bundle charges!

RWuQ93T.jpg

• Advertisement

Haven't made any posts in a while. Made some minor UI modernisations.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=damo.three.ie

Haven't made any posts in a while. Made some minor UI modernisations.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=damo.three.ie

Hi, nice work. Just one very minor glitch which may be google launchers fault but the shortcut on my home screen didn't update to the orange colour until I deleted the blue one and dragged the orange one from the app drawer.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Hi, nice work. Just one very minor glitch which may be google launchers fault but the shortcut on my home screen didn't update to the orange colour until I deleted the blue one and dragged the orange one from the app drawer.

I think that's the launcher to be honest. Mine didn't update till I rebooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Mine updated straight away. using nova launcher.

Ste- wrote: »
    Mine updated straight away. using nova launcher.

Must be a Google launcher problem so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Nice work damo, the new app is lovely. My icon updated straight away on stock google launcher!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks a million damo the countdown to when your internet expires is very handy to have in one click.

Btw, the figure you give for total credit says "Wont Expire", however it WILL expire after 6 months, disappears overnight with no notification.

Id love to find a way to spend the credit before it expires but I cant, heres a thread about it but nobody had a solution, please post if you have any suggestions, the Xbox credit one is a pain in the ass:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056333272

Now I just text a few Euro to Concern or any other charities when I see an ad, better than letting three reabsorb the money.

The problem here is that My3 doesn't say when it expires.

9mUZ3sx.jpg

Yeah I know, its annoying cos I never touch the credit really with Skype, Whatsapp etc.

And they changed stuff around again.. I will fix the app again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah I know, its annoying cos I never touch the credit really with Skype, Whatsapp etc.

In addition to charities the credit can be used to pay for car parking, & also things which old people dont understand ( such as stuff to do with Xbox :confused:)

Alright hold up.. Gotta sort this even though I haven't changed listing.. Bit confused to be honest.
    This is a notification that your application submission, Prepay Credit, for package ID damo.three.ie, has been rejected. If this submission was an update to an existing app, the version published prior to this update is still available on Google Play.

Please address the issue described below, then submit an update with your changes.

REASON FOR REJECTION:Violation of the spam provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to the keyword spam policy help article for more information.

Do not engage in "keyword stuffing" by loading app descriptions with keywords out of context.

Do not use excessive keywords in apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.

Your title and/or description must not attempt to leverage another popular product without permission.

Do not include user testimonials in your app description. They tend to be dubious and are frequently utilized to include references to popular search terms and competitor apps in violation of the policies outlined here. Let your users speak for themselves via Play's comment review system.
    You may describe features and functionality provided your description is presented in a coherent sentence or structured list and meets the above criteria.

All submission rejections are tracked. Repeated rejections due to policy violations will result in app suspension, at which point this app will count as a strike against the good standing of your developer account and no longer be available on Google Play.

This notification also serves as notice for other apps in your catalog. You can avoid future submission rejections and/or app suspensions by immediately ensuring that no other apps in your catalog are in violation of (but not limited to) the above policy. Before publishing applications, please ensure your apps’ compliance with the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.

If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit this Google Play Help Center article.

The Google Play Team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What a pile of shíte Damo!
    Probably auto-flagged by a bot for some reason.

Let's hope you can sort them out! :)

OK all done now. You can update away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Great app damo! Is it available for iPhone?

ronano wrote: »
    Great app damo! Is it available for iPhone?

Thanks.

Unfortunatetly not on iPhone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

Thargor wrote: »
    Id love to find a way to spend the credit before it expires but I cant, heres a thread about it but nobody had a solution, please post if you have any suggestions, the Xbox credit one is a pain in the ass:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056333272

Now I just text a few Euro to Concern or any other charities when I see an ad, better than letting three reabsorb the money.

You can now buy apps in the store using your credit instead of your credit card.

Edit: Not only apps but games, movies, books and music. I only bought apps so far but went back and checked and there is an option to bill your 3 account for everything.

Buying music with your credit sounds alright, you can buy whole albums. Nice way of using up credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I've used my Three credit on Google Play, xbox vouchers and car parking (also adverts.ie fees...)

Pretty much none of it goes on communication. I get a call from India every month offering me a 'better rate' if I move to a rolling monthly contract, after explaining 5 times that I use my credit as cash and I can't do this if I'm on a monthly plan and to please stop calling about it I've just started hanging up on them.

I've used my Three credit on Google Play, xbox vouchers and car parking (also adverts.ie fees...)

Pretty much none of it goes on communication. I get a call from India every month offering me a 'better rate' if I move to a rolling monthly contract, after explaining 5 times that I use my credit as cash and I can't do this if I'm on a monthly plan and to please stop calling about it I've just started hanging up on them.
    How do you use it on Xbox Vouchers?

Hey Damo,

Any chance you'd have a minute to look at the app?
    It hasn't been able to connect to the my3 site for a couple of days :)

"There was a problan connecting to My3 webstie.

Connect to /172.30.144.48:443 timed out

Click to open My3 in your browser..."

Even when you click on the link, the URL https://my3account.three.ie will not resolve.

Just after checking on Wi-Fi now, and there is no issue.
    It seems that I'm unable to connect to this server/port on 3's own network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hey Damo,

Any chance you'd have a minute to look at the app?
    It hasn't been able to connect to the my3 site for a couple of days :)

"There was a problan connecting to My3 webstie.

Connect to /172.30.144.48:443 timed out

Click to open My3 in your browser..."

Even when you click on the link, the URL https://my3account.three.ie will not resolve.

Just after checking on Wi-Fi now, and there is no issue.
    It seems that I'm unable to connect to this server/port on 3's own network.

Same issue reported in the Talk to three forum. Some people can't connect to My3 from their phone but can over a WiFi broadband connection.

my3cents wrote: »
    Same issue reported in the Talk to three forum. Some people can't connect to My3 from their phone but can over a WiFi broadband connection.

Oh right, I'll follow the issue over there then.
    Guess the app itself is fine!

Sorry for the slow reply lads, I'm abroad till the 15th. But from above, it looks like there is an issue with My3 itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Q&A

Like others have said working fine on wi-fi compared to 3/4g.... Probably a bit above and beyond the call of duty for an app designer to try and ovetcome a schizophrenic telephone provider that's picked a fight with itself. There's a domestic we could all do without!

Advertisement