Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viber Megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi there,
    As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
    - (Android only) Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
    - (Android only) Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
    - Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
    - Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
    - Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
    - Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
    Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
    Viber Team

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Viber wrote: »
    Hi there,
    As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
    - (Android only) Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
    - (Android only) Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
    - Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
    - Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
    - Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
    - Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
    Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
    Viber Team

The new update is cool. I like the changes. Have you had any reports of any bugs as yet?

I am having one problem. Maybe someone else could confirm if they are too. Basically when writing a text i cant drop the curser anywhere but at the end of the text to fix an error or add something in.

You know the way on iphone you hold your finger down & the magnify glass appears & you can press somewhere in the text and change something, well mine wont. The curser just goes back to the end meaning if id made a mistake ive to delete everything back to that point & fix it that way.

Hope Ive explained that ok. Anyone else?

Running Viber in IOS 6 on iPhone 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Messages still don't appear when you open Viber after getting a message alert. You usually have to open and close Viber a bunch of times and then the message will eventually appear. Is this a common issue with Viber?

Passenger wrote: »
    Messages still don't appear when you open Viber after getting a message alert. You usually have to open and close Viber a bunch of times and then the message will eventually appear. Is this a common issue with Viber?

I find you have to wait a few seconds for it to come in.

Another issue is that images wont load sometimes and you have to ask the person to send it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Soundministry

I have mistakenly sent a message to the wrong person. It is still pending as the other person has deleted Viber from her phone temporarily. I fear she will receive the messages once she reinstalls Viber. Is there anyway I can delete the pending messages? The status of the messages is "Sent". I know the message stays there on server for 2 weeks but I am sure she will reinstalls soon. If i deactivate my Viber account, will that remove the pending messages from server? I don't want her to receive the messages I sent mistakenly otherwise I will be busted :((

• Advertisement

I have mistakenly sent a message to the wrong person. It is still pending as the other person has deleted Viber from her phone temporarily. I fear she will receive the messages once she reinstalls Viber. Is there anyway I can delete the pending messages? The status of the messages is "Sent". I know the message stays there on server for 2 weeks but I am sure she will reinstalls soon. If i deactivate my Viber account, will that remove the pending messages from server? I don't want her to receive the messages I sent mistakenly otherwise I will be busted :((

Hi,
    I apologize for my late response (there seemed to have been a problem with the notifications :( )

Unfortunately, once a message is shown as "Sent", it is pending in our sever to be sent to the destination user, and there is no way for us (Viber) to delete it manually (since we don't manually access our users' messages).

After 2 weeks, if the message has not reached its destination (they haven't come online), the message will eliminate in our servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rapidhihi

Hello,

I have a problem. I can't send pictures in viber to my friend but i get the picture they send, i need help to fix this issue please

rapidhihi wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a problem. I can't send pictures in viber to my friend but i get the picture they send, i need help to fix this issue please

Hi there,

What phone do you have? Which version of operating system?

Also, it could be a network error. Please test this issue after rebooting your phone, and connecting to a few different WiFi networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭.skid

I'm in a group chat with friends but they all come up as unknown? need help its really frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

What is the situation with Viber, E and 3G ?

I am able to use Viber messaging on 3G and even on E, though not voice which needs wifi (iPhone 5). However my friend says he and his mates at work cannot use Viber on E or 3G at all only wifi. Is there a standard ? or is it up to the carrier ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

.skid wrote: »
    I'm in a group chat with friends but they all come up as unknown? need help its really frustrating!

Have you given viber permission to access your contacts? Go to settings > privacy > contacts > and make sure the toggle beside viber is set to 'on'.

brophs wrote: »
    Have you given viber permission to access your contacts? Go to settings > privacy > contacts > and make sure the toggle beside viber is set to 'on'.

I cant find that anywhere. I presume it does have permission though because there all in my viber contacts its just that there names dont show up in the group chat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

I cant find that anywhere. I presume it does have permission though because there all in my viber contacts its just that there names dont show up in the group chat

That's on your iPhone's settings, not Viber's. Go to your home screen, open settings and follow it from there. Worth trying. Plus toggle it on and off to see if that refreshes the contacts.

@.skid -

Have you tried the solution suggested above?
    If it still fails after checking the iPhone's settings, then please specify what device do you have? Which version of operating system?

@Piliger -

Some mobile operators across the world block Viber on their 3G network. Usually this happens when users have a "simple" data plan (or a prepaid contract), meaning they didn't pay extra for using VoIP on their 3G network.

In order to verify this, we recommend that your friend (who's having this problem) contact their cell company and confirm this with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rapidhihi

Hi there,

What phone do you have? Which version of operating system?

Also, it could be a network error. Please test this issue after rebooting your phone, and connecting to a few different WiFi networks.

Thank you so much. It was a network error and now it is fix. Thanks again!!! :)

Great news! :)

Enjoy Viber!

I don't have an iphone it's just a samsung

I don't have an iphone it's just a samsung

This was a temporary server issue that should have been resolved by now.
    Please reboot your phone, and ask your friends to do the same, and test this again (possibly by re-opening the same group).

Does it work now?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

Hello,
    Can you change the settings on viber so you are not automatically added to groups if one of your contacts ads you?
    I know you can leave the group but can you stop them adding you without your permission?
    Thanks

Cheerilee wrote: »
    Hello,
    Can you change the settings on viber so you are not automatically added to groups if one of your contacts ads you?
    I know you can leave the group but can you stop them adding you without your permission?
    Thanks

Thanks for your feedback, we will consider adding this as an optional feature in future versions.

Meanwhile, we invite you to enter our Feature Request page and post your suggestion there, or join an existing similar suggestion (it's very easy and quick!). The more people join on a request, the faster it will become reality :)

You can find it here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php/Knowledgebase/Article/View/43/9/have-an-idea-for-a-new-feature

• Advertisement

Hi,

We are excited and proud to announce that we have just released a brand new product: Viber Desktop, as well as a major new update to our mobile application: Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android.

- What is Viber Desktop?

Viber for Windows/Mac lets you send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on any device and network, in any country!
    Viber syncs your contacts, messages and call history with your mobile device, so you can start the conversation on the Viber mobile application and continue from the comfort of your PC.

In Viber Desktop you can find HD-quality voice calls, video calls, text and photo messaging, group conversations, and many more!
    You can check out the cool tutorial for Viber Desktop here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqS5W-KfRw
    Download Viber, enter your phone number, and start connecting with your friends for free, from your computer!

- What's new in Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android?

Video messages, Online status and "Last online" feature, new package of fun stickers, improved user interface as well as enhanced photo experience, and much more.
    Note that Viber is now designed according to Google's guidelines for android apps based on the HOLO theme (Android only).

As usual, we're here to receive your feedback and thoughts, and we'd be more than happy to assist you with any matter.

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.

Would there not be a bigger demand for Viber on tablets than desktops?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Would there not be a bigger demand for Viber on tablets than desktops?

Exactly... I'd like to see tablet version too. I'm sure they are working on it but it would be nice to get confirmation or an ETA.

What's the suggested resolution for photos? All the photos are very blurry in my contacts on my iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 momok87

hi, i just wanna ask. why i cant send photos on my galaxy tab 1. i downloaded viber on my tab. then i can perfectly send messages but why i cannot send photos using this app? can anyone here that can help me. pls. it's very urgent. thanks a lot. god bless us all.

An official version of Viber for Tablets is certainly planned, but unfortunately we still don't have time frames until the release date.
    Once we have news, we'll fill you in.

However, note that Viber already works (overall) on Tablets, where PC/Mac users didn't have the option to use it at all until now :)

An official version of Viber for Tablets is certainly planned, but unfortunately we still don't have time frames until the release date.
    Once we have news, we'll fill you in.

However, note that Viber already works (overall) on Tablets, where PC/Mac users didn't have the option to use it at all until now :)

Yeah but it only works on phone OR tablet, but not both. Be great if it would sync between devices like it does with Windows now and like iMessage does between iPhone & iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Viber, you guys are seriously awesome! You listen to feedback like no other company and deserve all the success. PC app, check, Android's app redesigned to HOLO, check, Symbian app, check.

Viber is MUCH more useful than Skype because of the way it works.

Thanks Viber, congrats and wish you more and more success!

- Images received get auto saved to library, not sure whether this is a good thing or bad, IMO would've preferred if they were not auto saved and there was an option instead to "Save to Library" in the "Send by Email", "Share on Facebook", etc... menu. But this might be done to save space on the server and keep pictures locally, I guess? Peer-to-Peer instead of the cloud.

- Also images are sent in lower resolution with no EXIF data and there is no pinch zooming images when you view them in Viber.

- Would've been nice if we could share not only our location but any location and address, much like with sending pictures... should be embedded into that menu. Maybe I want to send a person the location of the shop I was in yesterday.

- Video calls.

- Call recording.

- Cheap/competitive VoIP calls to mobiles/landlines service, with top ups, balance check, call history, etc... This would be great, forfone does it, I hope Viber will too cause, I'd love to use one application for all VoIP stuff.

- Audio notes in messages would be great, if a person is not picking up, send an audio clip like in WhatsApp.

- PC Application(and don't make it look like an iPhone like Tango did, it looks stupid! Use the native Windows UI).

- The PC and mobile apps need sync. If I delete a message on the phone, it should be deleted on the PC as well, and visa-versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have a question, messaging one of my contacts gives me the following results:

On the desktop their messages come through under their number, no name or details attached. I cannot respond here and must respond through their actual synced contact details, effectively having 2 conversations with the same person, one incoming and one outgoing.

however everything is as it should be on the iPhone app.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AL93

I have a problem with the online status, two of my contacts are coming up as always online. I have an android and both of theirs are iphones ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

The new updates seem slick.

Advertisement