Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yourtel - Landline Phone Service

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

fryup wrote: »
    In layman's terms . . .how do these feckers make their money ?

Do they pay eircom anything ?

I presume your call charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bannerman2005

Just arrived home to parents house and found out they have received a bill from yourtel this week and they don't remember agreeing to switching from eircom.

any recommendations on whats steps to take.

Do I phone Eircom to switch back?

No contract docs or anything have arrived in the post so no idea what parents are signed up to?

Funny thing is eircom bill is in dads name and yourtel account is in mums name.

aaaggggghhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

You will have to contact Eircom, as when we were connected to yourtel (also without consent or contract) a number of people could not contact us, and found it difficult to contact us on the phone...like the line was busy or the phone was off the hook. Even tho we were home.
    So you will have to get onto Eircom to be reconnected. Also, check to make sure that you signed no contracts. Or that you did not agree to anything verbally. (We didn't, but they still connected us).

As for the bill, if you didn't do any of the above, then they have no claim to any payment.
    That they didn't get the right name on the bill seems to indicate there was no legitimate switchover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnnio

The old lad got caught out by them. He is deaf as a post and they told him they were Eircom. Two days later a "contract" appears with a bill in the post.
    He never uses the phone but fuming that ComReg can't shut them down. Have to laugh at what they have on their website regarding Yourtel

"Notwithstanding its current investigation, ComReg would encourage consumers to ensure that they understand which company is providing which service, as well as the features, prices and terms and conditions that they are agreeing to when they subscribe to electronic communications services by whatever means, including by phone."

How does an 80yr old ensure which company is providing services when they are told it is eircom.

Fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭McSween

My mother gave them the eircom account number.

They have rung a few times looking for commitment. She hasn't signed anything. Is she ok?

My dad is going to tell them 'NO' when he is back later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 tommar

Well got the recording and all you can hear is my Dad saying yes to everything, but they guy speaks so fast no wonder he couldn't understand him. To try and get out of the contract could cost up to €500 for breach. They really shouldn't allow people to cold call pensioners. He still insists he got nothing in the post until the bill arrived. Is there anything he can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

tommar wrote: »
    Well got the recording and all you can hear is my Dad saying yes to everything, but they guy speaks so fast no wonder he couldn't understand him. To try and get out of the contract could cost up to €500 for breach. They really shouldn't allow people to cold call pensioners. He still insists he got nothing in the post until the bill arrived. Is there anything he can do.

Send the recording to comreg (consumerline@comreg.ie) explain the situation and ask if the recording constitutes a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bannerman2005

tommar wrote: »

I am not sure there is any defined period in the contract. Checked my parents one and there appears to be no tied dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macmurph

Yeah my Mother is getting bills and debt collectors letters from them.
    She doesn't remember if she signed for it or not, she's an 83yo widow and was alone when they knocked at her door.
    She does remember telling them that nothing could go ahead without her sons approval, I never gave them my approval.
    I sure that all they need is the signature and they're in the clear.

Anyway I told her to instruct them to call me whenever they phone her, they never have and I have completely ignored all the threatening letters.
    I couldn't care less about them. A company that can send a pushy salesman to an 83 year old persons house and knowingly mislead her or disregard her instructions can just f**k right off. This crap sickens me, they are not worth communicating with.

Guys if you think that their might be any problem with the contract then fire all the information into comreg and see what they have to say about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mormegil

Had a few more calls from Yourtel over the last few days.

The first three times the line went dead when I answered it (I'd looked up the number after the 2nd call so knew who it was) but on the 4th time when my elderly Father answered strangely enough there was some one on the other end.

The phone was passed to me and I told the guy on the other end not to call again or I would be complaining to Comreg.

Another call again this morning (though no one actually answered the phone) so the complaint has been sent.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Received a call about 30 mins ago. Its now a female caller, calls herself Meg, speaks with a southern English accent. Number is 01-671xxx9
    As soon as I heard "yourtel" I hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 corkkazz

My elder parents have been signed up to Yourtel which out realizing what happened! A guy who said his name was Micheal from Greece rang my deaf elderly Mum who has a hearing aid but its not much use, and what ever he told her she said she would have to get her daughter, me, to speak with him. A female pre-recorded questionnaire was then activated and my Mum thought she was speaking to a woman and told her that she didn't understand what Micheal had told her! Mum still thinks she was speaking to a woman! My poor mother! A bill has arrived - I rang and asked where they got the bank account details etc and they told me my mother gave it to them, which she didn't, so how the hell did they get this info??? THe guy got v rude on the phone with me. I rang comreg to lodge compalint & they told me to formally write to Yourtel with my complaint which I have but I have had no reponse yet! My Dad has spoken to the bank to make sure no payment is made!
    Im furious!!! THis company is preying on the elderly and it should be a criminal offense!!!
    Help anyone please???

Sully wrote: »
    Anybody ever heard of a company called 'yourtel' based in Dublin? They called us today, knew our name but not who we were with for the phone service. Offered us a 'discount that was available to all eircom customers' of call rates 2.9c per min excluding line rental.

The chap on the phone, not Irish, was very clever with his wording and made it sound like this was a special offer they were giving to me on behalf of eircom. When I asked where they working with or on behalf of eircom, they said no. I then asked would it be me switching service provider and he said, very clever way of answering, that we are 'not completely switching from eircom' that our line and telephone number remains. I just said we were in contract and they said no problem, have a good day etc.

To a lot of people, they may fall for this and switch to this 'provider' resulting in possible loss of service or cancellation fees. Its made out on the phone that its a special discount and not someone trying to switch providers. Could catch a lot of people out about that.

EDIT: Spoke to COMREG. A case on this is already open and an investigation is under way. They took my details to add to the case.

corkkazz wrote: »
    My elder parents have been signed up to Yourtel which out realizing what happened! A guy who said his name was Micheal from Greece rang my deaf elderly Mum who has a hearing aid but its not much use, and what ever he told her she said she would have to get her daughter, me, to speak with him. A female pre-recorded questionnaire was then activated and my Mum thought she was speaking to a woman and told her that she didn't understand what Micheal had told her! Mum still thinks she was speaking to a woman! My poor mother! A bill has arrived - I rang and asked where they got the bank account details etc and they told me my mother gave it to them, which she didn't, so how the hell did they get this info??? THe guy got v rude on the phone with me. I rang comreg to lodge compalint & they told me to formally write to Yourtel with my complaint which I have but I have had no reponse yet! My Dad has spoken to the bank to make sure no payment is made!
    Im furious!!! THis company is preying on the elderly and it should be a criminal offense!!!
    Help anyone please???

Give yourtel 10 working days to follow up on your complaint then contact comreg again and five the the same information.

Next or even as part of the complaint I'd make an official request for all the information that the company hold on your mother including all recordings they have. There is a charge for this (same for all companies about €6.50) but it might give you the leverage to get out of contract with them. When you get the recording of the call send it to comreg.

Info on requesting information the company has about you here

Tenger wrote: »
    Received a call about 30 mins ago. Its now a female caller, calls herself Meg, speaks with a southern English accent. Number is 01-671xxx9
    As soon as I heard "yourtel" I hung up.

2 more calls today. Looks like they might be going back over their previous client list.

Number is 01-6971638

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am just after my fifth phonecall in work from them. It was a woman with an Americian accent.

Miaireland wrote: »
    I am just after my fifth phonecall in work from them. It was a woman with an Americian accent.

Does work have more than 5 numbers, like they are dialing everyone of them thats why you have had more than one call?

No there is only two lines and they only ever ring on one of the two lines. I have told them to remove us from there calling list everytime. At least today the girl made it clear that she was ring from Yourtel and didn't make it out like they were being employed by eircom unlike the last four calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Floppybits

My parents have had the same problem with this shower yourtel. Today they got a threatening letter over 26 euro and that if it is not paid by the 13/11/2014 that the debt will sent to a debt collection agency. Anyway told my dad to take the letter to the citizens advice beareau and they were kind enough to write a letter for him to send to Yourtel telling them that he has sought legal advice in relation to the threatening letter and has been advised under no circumstances is he to pay this debt due to Yourtel being investigated by ComReg and that the package was mis-sold to him under dubious circumstances. He has gone away happy now. I told him to just ring Eircom as well to make sure that he will not be prevented from making outgoing phone calls as this was one of the threats in the letter, he rang Eircom and they have assured him that he will not be cut off.

This Yourtel are such a shower of complete and utter Bast**ds. Do Eircom have any involvement in this as I am very curious as to how this shower Yourtel got my fathers details?

I am curious too. When I spoke to someone in Eircom they said it wasn't through them that they got the details. I wondered did they get the number from the phonebook. I haven't come across anyone with a off listed number get a call from them.

The one thing I noticed with them was they were quite pushy to get the name of the person they were speaking to. I refuses to give them mine (the phone number is registered to a male) but told them that I was the one who made the decision regarding phone networks etc. He still demanded my name and when I said I refused to give it as I was afraid he would take this as consent to sign me up to the package he did not deny it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 seanfheargrinn

Hi guys

I have some experience of dealing with this company. This post may be a bit long winded and sorry for that, but I list out the options available – probably best to contact Comreg/Consumer Agency also. The behaviour of this company is despicable, preying on older, vulnerable people in the main.

First of all, yourtel get the numbers to call either off the phonebook, or most likely the National Directory Database (NDD). The NDD lists over 2 million numbers .

Who manages the NDD? Well, you guessed it, Eircom.
    Searching for National Directory Database Ireland in your web browser will give you loads of info about it.
    There is Comreg report there which states that Eircom’s total revenue derived from the operation of the NDD was €114,000 for 2013.

So Eircom make money from selling on the NDD phone number list to telemarketers - phone, energy companies etc– similar to what Uisce Eireann/Irish water propose to do with your info if you do not tick the ‘sharing info’ box on the application form.

It’s a win-win for Eircom, they sell on your details to the likes of yourtel, and then when you realise you have been sold a pup by yourtel (as in reality having a contract with yourtel and still paying Eircom landline rental means it is more expensive for the vast vast majority of people), and go back to Eircom, well then Eircom lock you into a new 12 month phone contract

In accordance with Data Protection legislation, consumers have a right to opt out of receiving unsolicited/telemarketing calls from third parties.

All telemarketing firms or companies conducting telemarketing campaigns are now legally obliged to consult the National Directory Database (NDD) opt-out list before they commence a campaign, to make sure they do not call anyone who has opted out of third party contact. So the first step you need to do is to opt out of the NDD.

If you are an eircom customer you can opt-out of unsolicited calls by contacting Eircom on 1901 and tell them you want to opt-out of unsolicited calls - have account number ready. If you are a customer of another telephone company, then contact that company first.

Possibly best to follow up with an e-mail/letter after the phone call, so as to ensure you have the instruction in writing.
    Within 28 days of opting out, no direct marketing/cold calling from third parties should occur.

The default position regarding ex-directory customers is that they are automatically opted out of unsolicited calling or cold calling. All mobile phone numbers are also automatically opted out – which is why you never get unsolicited calls on your mobile.

Now, if you or parents/relatives have unwittingly signed up, then the first thing you should do is ask yourtel for a record of the phone conversation to show where the person willingly signed up. They are obliged to a voice transcript of the call under the Data Protection Act. With words to this effect, request them ‘under the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003, we are requesting you to provide me with a record of all calls that were recorded, between Mr/Mrs Smith and yourtel, based on telephone number xxx xxxxxxxx’. If you, yourself, subsequentially have had phone conversations with them at this number or another number to cancel the account etc, e.g. via mobile, then include your name and the relevant phone number, and include that in the request. Ensure that it is stated in the letter that you have express permission to act on behalf of the phone owner and both co-sign the letter. They have to provide a record of the entire calls then, and not just the section where the person is answering ‘Yes’ to a series of questions for signing them up to yourtel, as they are being very sneaky, and pretending that they are from Eircom at the start of the telephone conversation.

Ring Comreg for further advice if you are not clear on above.

Once you get the phone recording, listen to it, and see if the person has genuinely signed up, or if yourtel has misled the customer, and hence the contract can be voided. Comreg may also be able to provide guidance on this if you send the voice recording to them. If they don’t provide the voice recording, then you can raise the issue with the Data Protection Commissioner.

Now, along with this, or if customer has signed up willingly, then there is another potential loophole to get out of contract. Their initial contract letter which they issue, states that you have 7 days to cancel from the date of placing the order, i.e. the date of the initial phone call.

This is incorrect, as the European Directive on consumer rights has been changed in June 2014, and it has been incorporated into law in Ireland from the 13-June-2014 and applies to any contracts after that date. Under this, there is a right to a 14 day cooling off period.
    I quote from the directive (S.I. No. 484/2013 - European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013).
    (If you signed up to a contract before 13-June-2014, then check with National Consumer Agency/Comreg whether it was 7 or 14 days cancellation period. After 13-June-2014, it is definitely 14 days.)

Omission of information on right to cancel - (as they have not given the correct info on right to cancel period)

16. (1) If the trader does not provide the consumer with the information on the right to cancel the contract required by paragraph (l) of Schedule 2, the cancellation period expires 12 months from the day on which it would have expired under Regulation 15.

(2) If the trader provides the consumer with the information on the right to cancel required by paragraph (l) of Schedule 2 within 12 months of the day on which the cancellation period would have expired under Regulation 15, the cancellation period expires 14 days after the day on which the consumer receives that information.

(3) The information on the right to cancel referred to in paragraphs (1) and (2) shall be provided in accordance with—
    (a) Regulation 7 in the case of off-premises contracts,
    (b) Regulation 8 in the case of off-premises contracts for repairs or maintenance within the scope of that Regulation, and
    (c) Regulation 10 in the case of distance contracts.

So if they did not provide correct info on right to cancel, you have 12 months from the date it would have expired normally, or if they issue you with the revised cancellation period, you have 14 days from when you receive the corrected information.

Exercise of right to cancel
    17. (1) To exercise the right to cancel under Regulation 14, the consumer shall, before the expiry of the cancellation period, inform the trader of his or her decision to cancel the contract.
    (2) To inform the trader under paragraph (1) the consumer may—
    (a) use the model cancellation form in part B of Schedule 3, or
    (b) make any other unequivocal statement setting out his or her decision to cancel the contract.

Hence by section 17 (2(b)), by telling them on the phone that the contract is cancelled is an acceptable means of cancelling the contract. Either keep a voice recording of this phone call and/or back it up in writing. Their statement that the cancellation needs to be in writing is not true within the interpretation of the directive.

Anyway best of luck for anyone caught by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Excellent post from Seanfheargrinn there and also from the rest of the contributors.

Very interesting and useful information particularly with Seanfheargrinn's angle on why the "legit" telecoms companies tolerate <SNIP> like Yourtel operating and do nothing about a practice that drags their business into the gutter.

Looking over posts I see we are running from at least Jan 2014 on this thread at least. From this thread it also appears Comreg were aware of Yourtel in late January 2014. Yourtel rang me today (17 Nov 2014) and tried the same so it begs the question what exactly is Comreg doing in all this time? I presume they are a state funded quango? How much funding do they recieve? How many staff are employed? How much are the managers and directors being paid? Maybe I am wrong on Comreg and someone can contribute here on that but all I am seeing is half a dozen fancy websites but little in the way of teeth or "Regulation of Communications".

Looking at askcomreg.ie I see a blog posting on Yourtel investigation dated Sep 2014 yet today I am getting calls today from Yourtel? How many people have "signed up" in the last two months? From evidence here it seems the amounts Yourtel are trying to obtain are relatively small but the damage is done via psychological warfare of bills and warnings of debt collectors and it also appears that they are targeting the vulnerable and elderly, a group that is particularly suspect to fake bills and debt collector threats. I can't emphasize enough the damage this sort of psychological attack has on its victims and its should be addressed urgently.

My call today with Yourtel:

At 430pm approx - dinner time?? - people are busy in from work and getting dinner ready?- Distracted
    Mentioned calling in relation to Eircom but possibly did not say he was from Eircom. - trickery, trying to make me believe he is from Eircom by name dropping.

He sounded like an Indian gentleman.

Said he was calling in relation to a conversation one of his colleagues had with a Mrs "Smith" - trickery, there was no conversation- When I asked his colleague did not have a name and no record of when conversation took place

I asked what are you selling? He said not selling just looking for address to send phone package information - trying to elicit postal address - more trickery

Also asked for Eircom account number - more trickery

I said Mrs Smith not here can I have a number to call back - He said I could give you Hotline number but it would be no use as I would not be able to get through. I said its not much of a hotline number then!

He said when can I call back for Mrs Smith. I said I didn't know but give me your number and name and I will get her to call you - more hotline waffle - I pushed for his name he gave "First Name" and then a hesitation and then "Last Name" - both Anglo names and odd for an Indian "gentleman".

I told him "I'm not interested in whatever rip-off or scam you are trying to peddle"
    The conversations tone changed then and his attitude changed.
    I pushed for number and he gave a very hesitant, as if he was unsure of exact number, 01-9036xxx . I pushed for address and he gave the Harcourt Centre in Dublin - Virtual Office as previously mentioned in this thread

He finished conversation by saying in a somewhat hurtful voice that he was not scammer or a rip off man and then hung up. If any staff from Yourtel are reading this I beg to differ, you are ethically questionable "humans". That's probably the most I will get away with here on Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 noellyman

My 65 year old mother got caught out last June by this nasty shower. She didnt realise her mistake until she received two bills, one from yourtel and one from Eircom. Now nearly six months on, after receiving endless bills and threats of getting a debt collection agency on board, yourtel keep on harassing her at least once a week looking for money - either by phone calls from asian tele-sales people or by letters in the post.

It's came to the stage where she dreads to see the postman coming or the phone ringing. A good law-abiding citizen all her life, she gets stressed quite easily and since she mistakenly took that that phonecall last june, her quality of life has deteriorated dramatically with worry of what this <SNIP> shower of f@#kers are going to do next. My advice - to completely ignore all bills and phonecalls.

We have reported this case also to Comreg and followed their instructions of sending a complaint letter via registered post to Yourtel and wait 10 days for their response. Although it took 15 days for yourtel to respond, they did send a letter back stating that "a binding legal contract can be documented without a legal document or signature" and basically they need their money.

One thing I find interesting about this company is that their 'Harcourt St' address (as well as everything else about them) is a complete <SNIP>. The letter she received back from yourtel came from PO box 12570, Glenageary, Co. Dublin. I ran a company check on yourtel and both directorship addresses are in Berlin.

And here is where it gets to tipping point - the eircom account (and yourtel account) isnt in my mothers name. Its in my fathers name and he hasnt a clue that any of this is going on. In our complaint letter to Yourtel, I stated that at no point did the mother sign away anything verbally, although last June, the pleasant-speaking and clever (Irish) salesperson led her into thinking she was moving away from Eircom with all these great rates. I also beg to question; if a company want to switch the customer over to their services, shouldnt they ask for the account holders permission? in this case, my father is the sole name on the account but yet yourtel can just make a micky-mouse 'VERBAL CONTRACT' from the first person they can hold conversation with on the phone.
    <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@Noellyman no matter how aggrieved you may feel it does not justify wishing harm against anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

Regulator investigating Yourtel landline servicesThe investigation follows a large volume of consumer contacts in relation to the company, according to ComReg

In a statement, the regulator said Yourtel sells a number of products in Ireland, based on Carrier Pre-Selection.

This mechanism allows phone users to select in advance alternative telecom providers to carry their calls, without the need to dial a prefix or install any special equipment in their premises.

According to ComReg, although Yourtel is offering its product to Eircom customers, the provider of the service is Yourtel.

As a result, the statement says, line rental is still payable to Eircom, with call charges due to Yourtel.
    Specifically, some were surprised to receive one bill from Eircom for line rental, as well as another bill from Yourtel for call charges.

ComReg says all telecom providers must comply with a range of regulations, and it is currently investigating Yourtel's compliance with some of these.

While that investigation continues, the regulator is urging consumers to ensure they understand which company is providing which service, as well as the features, prices and terms they are agreeing to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@Braddun, your post is clearly a cut & paste of someone else's article. As always in such cases please provide a link or reference to the source.
    Tip: It also helps to wrap the quoted text in
    tags as it makes it easier to distinguish the article from your own scribes.

Try Wednesday 10 September 2014 22.43 rte.ie Regulator investigating Yourtel landline services

Decided to call Eircom customer support a couple of days ago. Wanted to know if I could block Yourtel calling me. They say I cannot block an individual number.

I mentioned that they "were a <SNIP> company and were ruining Eircom's reputation" I was told that "they are a real company" (which means the guy I talked to had heard of them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crow2345

hi,

the outbound call centre - its in berlin (but told to say dublin 'its better for the customer to feel safe')- staffed by backpackers/travellers in berlin etc. the management doesn't only cares about 'sign ups' and fires the staff if they don't sign people up. half the call workers are not even say they are from yourtel but just ask if the 'customer' is with eircom and then uses tricky language to ensure that the 'customer' doesn't understand who is calling. so its made to sound just like you are getting a switch over to a 'cheaper rate', and are encourage to say stuff like 'nothing changes but the rate, cheap rate' blubalbhalbh but unless you ask they don't all say where they call from. it is also unclear who is eligable for the yourtel but it is not asked what plan the customer is originally on. also if 'customer' asks are you selling something the answer is not no or is it yes. it is sales sales sales and people need to be careful what they are agree to.

the management encourages this, or at least doesn't stop it or do any kind of control over it, they turn blind eye at best. they only care for the numbers of sign up.

i recommend for people in ireland to be aware that this is happening and to warn elder people of not to agree to anything over the phone. by the sounds of it they make it hard to switch away from yourtel even though they insist that it is 'no contract' and so on. i'm unsure of legal of having a voice recorded contract, but it doesn't sound right to me.

also to get them to stop calling you need to listen to their spiel and then say 'no i'm not interested' after they have 'presented' their rates . or tell them you are not with eircom. if you just say you are not there, or can't talk they will keep calling you back. they only will cancel you after you have listened to the whole thing and said no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

crow2345 wrote: »
    hi,

the outbound call centre - its in berlin (but told to say dublin 'its better for the customer to feel safe')- staffed by backpackers/travellers in berlin etc. the management doesn't only cares about 'sign ups' and fires the staff if they don't sign people up. half the call workers are not even say they are from yourtel but just ask if the 'customer' is with eircom and then uses tricky language to ensure that the 'customer' doesn't understand who is calling. so its made to sound just like you are getting a switch over to a 'cheaper rate', and are encourage to say stuff like 'nothing changes but the rate, cheap rate' blubalbhalbh but unless you ask they don't all say where they call from. it is also unclear who is eligable for the yourtel but it is not asked what plan the customer is originally on. also if 'customer' asks are you selling something the answer is not no or is it yes. it is sales sales sales and people need to be careful what they are agree to.

the management encourages this, or at least doesn't stop it or do any kind of control over it, they turn blind eye at best. they only care for the numbers of sign up.

i recommend for people in ireland to be aware that this is happening and to warn elder people of not to agree to anything over the phone. by the sounds of it they make it hard to switch away from yourtel even though they insist that it is 'no contract' and so on. i'm unsure of legal of having a voice recorded contract, but it doesn't sound right to me.

also to get them to stop calling you need to listen to their spiel and then say 'no i'm not interested' after they have 'presented' their rates . or tell them you are not with eircom. if you just say you are not there, or can't talk they will keep calling you back. they only will cancel you after you have listened to the whole thing and said no.

Great post Crow2345, thanks for the information.

Anyone care to put the word out on social media? You know, just a heads up to beware for our elderly folk or for sons and daughters of elderly folk who are not internet or social media users.

Comreg have a Twitter page but it seems its only used for reporting market reports and the like.

Advertisement