Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apple iphone Repair

Options
  • 23-10-2014 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

So sent my iphone to apple to be repaired , reqested a repair box on the 15th and sent it off on the 21st , all ok until today i get an email saying its not covered due to personal damage ,it will cost 240+vat to repair , here's a pic they sent me
    23ibc4j.jpg

Coudnt believe it was my phone , luckily i took pictures of it on the 19th as you can see below :)

npj4i0.jpg2rdxhyw.jpg

its all sorted now and apple are accepting liability for the damage , what could have happened it ? and if i didnt have those pictures a day before it was sent off how could i of proven it ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

That's annoying. Not sure what would happen to be honest. They are usually ok to reason with. If you send them an email telling them how disappointed you are that this happened and that you are a long term customer etc there's a reasonable chance you'll get some Apple Store credit for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

That's annoying. Not sure what would happen to be honest. They are usually ok to reason with. If you send them an email telling them how disappointed you are that this happened and that you are a long term customer etc there's a reasonable chance you'll get some Apple Store credit for yourself.

ah no im just glad the phone is being fixed :) just blessed i had proof before sending it away for repair :) coudnt believe my eyes when i saw the email and status repair from them with those pics !! had to double check numbers a few times !!! :eek::eek:

Advertisement