Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about renewing a learner permit

• 19-02-2013 10:36am

Hi guys,

Just read the FAQ thread above which says:

3. My provisional licence or learner permit has expired or is about to expire. How do I renew it?

You may renew your provisional licence or learner permit at any time before it expires, or up to five years after it expires. If applying for your second learner permit, you must provide the following to your Motor Tax Office:
    • A completed learner permit application form
    • Your most recent provisional licence or learner permit
    • Two identical passport-sized photographs, both signed on the back
    • The application fee

Just want to ask; do I need to also include an eye test for my second learner permit? :confused:

I know it's not mentioned above, but I've heard I do.. figured it'd do no harm to ask...

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Mac-Chops

It's only first-time applicants until you're 70 as far as I'm aware.

"Medical requirements

Eyesight report D502 (PDF)

A first-time application for a learner permit must be accompanied by a satisfactory eyesight report. This report may be completed by a registered opthalmic optician or medical practitioner. You must sign the eyesight report form in the presence of the optician or doctor."

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Your-learner-permit/How-to-apply/

I just about scraped it last year being ok to drive so glad I don't have to do it again!

Ah, okay. I knew I had to do it the first time around, but wasn't sure if it was part of the renewal process (and someone kept on telling me it was).

Cheers Mac-Chops :)

Advertisement