Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Evertex coating

• 13-08-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had problems with their Evertex coating peeling after 2 years (supposedly a 15 year guarentee). We had our home coated in 2009 and had a number of issues with paint on doors,windows,deck etc due to no masking being carried out. This was finally cleaned off (although not completly) after a lot of phone calls, photos and a number of visits. However after 2 years the treatment started peeling in various places all around our home and it has now taken another year to get them to site to correct the problem. Their 'fix' is to powerwash down our home, removing flaking coating, and then recoat after putting a sealant over the affected areas. My concern is that the coating may continue to flake under the sealant and in areas that are not currently peeling.

Can anybody out there advise on the proper way to correct this problem?

Just as an update, they have now applied the sealant over the areas where the paint peeled, however we now have a two week wait for the paint to be mixed and delivered.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jillyd

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Please read the forum charter before posting again.
    mrpgri wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had problems with their Evertex coating peeling after 2 years (supposedly a 15 year guarentee)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mrpgri

Another quick update.

All of the painting has now been completed (a number of weeks now with a weeks delay from the scheduled start) and this time it was a tidy job. No extra paint on the doors, windows or deck (thankfully).
    The chap who carried out the work was very careful and I'd have no problem recommending him.

Hopefully this will be an end to the problems we had but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnc229

Hi I have had the same problem...the company came back and replaced the coating three times and its still peeling...have they resolved your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 elaine85

What is the cost to get a two storey house painted in evertex?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Territo

Hi ,
    Ive got mine done 6 years it cost me in or around €6000 its a big house and thanks be to god its flawless to this date,I also had a very damp house before,not now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Ansuildunta

Hi my parents got an advert in there door from these guys and they asked me to check them out, i have been to a few places and now im here , alot of the reports dont look good ? My with mam and dad have got taken advantage and ripped off before so i deal with affairs like this , does anyone have any up to date reviews on these guys >??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

alot of the reports dont look good ?

Doesn't that provide you with your answer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Territo

Hi all,
    I think tha tis a bit unfair considering the person above had problems which were dealt with,Ive had it done six years and I am more than content.
    One of the main reasons I got it was because of my neighbour having it done over 20 years ago and the job is perfect,I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MARY0

I have an appointment with a salesman with evertex coatings, to quote for painting my house. Has anyone any advice on evertex paint

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement