Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting eVision from Eircom

• 29-10-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    Appreciate some advice. I am thinking of getting eVision from Eircom. We have fibre to the local exchange but only copper to the house so I am unsure if it is a wise move or if my line has the capacity for eVision. I have UPC (MMDS) and it is a great service so I don't want to switch unless it at least as good a service with a good Electronic Programming Guide and such features. Anyone?
    Thanks Chris.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭pms7

installed Wed last week, TV still not working...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

ok v mmds

advantage

pvr capability
    cheaper

disadvantage
    no utv
    missing some of the sky channels

I have had both and currently have evision free for six months. I won't be keeping it as in 2012 I ditched my upc mmds and went saorview and freesat. I only took up the free evision as it was offered to me free. best approach take the efibre and phone and if they push evision try to get it free for 12 months with no obligation to keep, try to push the experience pack as well.

having trialled it make your mind up then...................you can always go back to mmds, but I doubt you will

Advertisement