Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Hampshire Primary

• 10-01-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Today is the big day in New Hampshire.

The last poll from Suffolk University has Romney leading with 37%, Paul second with 18%, Huntsman third with 16% and Santorum, Gingrich & Perry with 11%, 9% and 1% respectively. 7% were undecided.

So what do people think the results will be? I'm thinking that the above poll has it about right although I'd be interested to see how Romney's "I like being able to fire people" comment goes down with the electorate.

Check here for the results as they come in.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Easy win for Mitt. South Carolina will be the big test. Newt seems bent on destroying him, Obama must be pissing himself laughing

Anywhere one can watch live streaming of these results?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

jank wrote: »
    Easy win for Mitt. South Carolina will be the big test. Newt seems bent on destroying him, Obama must be pissing himself laughing

The link in the last line of the OP will have the results as they come in. You can watch the Fox coverage online as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭timesnap

jank wrote: »

Hi jank, here is a link to C-span 1,2.3 and radio.
    i think channel 3 will devote its time to NH.

http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN3/

it is not geoblocked in Ireland do not think it is geoblocked at all.

if it does not work try googling Beeline TV, scroll down and click on all english language channels.

it is a legit site as is justin.tv where you may find somebody mistakingly broadcasting a US network that is covering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Right well I won't be staying up till the early hours again this week. I'm still wrecked after last week. Hopefully Romney just wraps it up and it doesn't go down to the wire again.

It'll be interesting to see how Romney's comments affect him, if they affect him at all.

I'm also interested to see how Vermin Supreme gets on :pac:. Had a great laugh at some of the videos up about him on youtube. His policy for the ponies is a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

yowza Ron Paul is polling strongly, early days but Mitt is sub-40%

im watching live politico, its a bit high brow for my junky needs, fox any good?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I'm also interested to see how Vermin Supreme gets on :pac:. Had a great laugh at some of the videos up about him on youtube. His policy for the ponies is a laugh.
    Well if ponies are the only thing between one and the forth coming zombie apocalypse (another of Mr. Supreme's issues) perhaps he should take Michelle Bachmann's place in the debates. :)

spagboll wrote: »
    im watching live politico, its a bit high brow for my junky needs, fox any good?

It's not playing for me anymore, think it's back at half past though. It was a decent watch last week so I'd say it'll be good again this week.

yeahs it back in like 2 minutes

• Advertisement

Manach wrote: »
    Well if ponies are the only thing between one and the forth coming zombie apocalypse (another of Mr. Supreme's issues) perhaps he should take Michelle Bachmann's place in the debates. :)

He sounds great up on stage and a hell of a lot better than some of the other candidates. The mandatory brushing of teeth is a classic.

He's on 8 votes at the moment. It's be a laugh if he came second to Obama.

Quick question, what are the 'write in votes' that are appearing on the results page?

Quick question, what are the 'write in votes' that are appearing on the results page?

In New Hampshire, you can write in a candidate's name on the ballot I believe.

not all of them, see map

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/Primary/NH

paul is beating romney in 2 counties! and romney isnt above 40% ANYWHERE........with ~6% reporting:rolleyes:

paul is beating romney in 2 counties! and romney isnt above 40% ANYWHERE........with ~6% reporting:rolleyes:

I'm predicting a big Ron Paul victory in Cheshire county. Hillsborough county should be a good indicator as well, it's home to a third of the states population.

I'm predicting a big Ron Paul victory in Cheshire county. Hillsborough county should be a good indicator as well, it's home to a third of the states population.

what info do you have for cheshire??

In New Hampshire, you can write in a candidate's name on the ballot I believe.

Seems a bit strange.

Vermin is holding his own. He's not far off 2nd place at the moment. Hope he lasts the pace.

what info do you have for cheshire??

Keene is the county seat. It's meant to have a large libertarian population and was a main destination for people taking part in the Free State Project.

On second thoughts big victory was probably an overstatement, maybe a draw/slight victory.

even so having watched some of the debates Ron Paul is the candidate i would most like to 'have a drink with'.

imagine that has become the Litmus test to be POTUS:(

FOX about to project winner.

• Advertisement

Fox is predicting the top three to stay the same for the night.
    Seems a bit strange.

Vermin is holding his own. He's not far off 2nd place at the moment. Hope he lasts the pace.

By the looks of it, it's pretty easy to get on the ballot up there so it's not really too surprising to allow write-ins. As far as I know, a lot of states allow write-in candidates.

In fairness, Vermin Supreme has to be one of the best joke candidates ever. Couldn't believe it when I saw a video of him yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Don't think we'll have bingo numbers tonight!

All week new soutlets have been saying "if romney doesn't get 40% it's a disaster", now all they are saying is he is the clear winner

muppets, the top tier tonight is two people, RP and MR, no mention of this, I'm not a RP fanatic like 80% of the internet. But there is such a ridiculous bias against him, really making me ask questions of the press, especially CNN, I think Fox know the spot light is on them and they don't want to piss of the TPers so they're being careful to slightly lick up to RP

yikes

you're right about cheshire with ~4% reporting

Sky News showing Romney's HQ celebrating already.
    projected percentage 36%.
    anybody know off hand how many NH winners from either party have secured the nomination?

In fairness, Vermin Supreme has to be one of the best joke candidates ever. Couldn't believe it when I saw a video of him yesterday.

He is the best that I've ever seen. He's well able to handle himself when he's questioned on his policies.

I'll have to go and watch the video of him at the debate again I think. It's just pure genius imo.
    kmart6 wrote: »
    Don't think we'll have bingo numbers tonight!

I know. I was hoping for another game. I won €20 the last week. Was delighted with myself.

I've been in NH, it's a seriously honky state, surprised that Perry is having such a mare

timesnap wrote: »
    anybody know off hand how many NH winners from either party have secured the nomination?

Since 1972 anybody from either party that has won NH and Iowa has gone on to win the nomination. Bill Clinton and George McGovern are the only two to win the nomination without winning both.

NH got it right for the nomination 6 out of the past 8 times

• Advertisement

timesnap wrote: »

9 from 16 for Democrats.

13 from 18 for Republicans.

A lot of both of them were unopposed.

Shamelessly robbed from Wikipedia. Not off my own hand.

Advertisement