Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

A feast of football on the Setanta Pack today.

German Bundesliga
    Eintracht Braunschweig v Eintracht Frankfurt 2pm BT Sport 1
    Augsburg v Stuttgart 4:30pm BT Sport 1

Italian Serie A
    Inter Milan v Genoa 5pm BT Sport 2
    Lazio v Udinese 7:30pm BT Sport 1
    Napoli v Bologna 7:40pm Setanta Ireland

French Ligue 1
    Lille v St. Etienne 1pm BT Sport 2
    Ajaccio v Nice 4pm ESPN
    Nantes v PSG 8pm BT Sport 2

American MLS
    Chivas USA v New York Red Bulls 10pm BT Sport 1
    Seattle Sounders v Portland Timbers 3am BT Sport 1
    That is an impressive line up of European Football.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I know I harp on about it, but its a real shame of the setanta channels being such poor pic quality. Its unbearable on a big tv. Yesterday after i switched from HD (Arsenal match) to the Everton match, I couldn't watch it. Luckily I had the Southampton/Sunderland match on nc+
    Its the only thing that lets the package down

snaps wrote: »
    I know I harp on about it, but its a real shame of the setanta channels being such poor pic quality. Its unbearable on a big tv. Yesterday after i switched from HD (Arsenal match) to the Everton match, I couldn't watch it. Luckily I had the Southampton/Sunderland match on nc+
    Its the only thing that lets the package down
    Have to agree with you snaps... if SI and SS1 were in HD it would by far and away surpass sky sports for value for money. There was someone on here who heard from (a rep I think) that it might happen before the end of the year... we can only wait in hope.

Watched the highlights programme last night, interesting to see RTÉ's (maybe formally) Stephen Alkin commentating on the Liverpool match... I wonder if he is freelance and will continue with RTÉ for some events or was he shown the door to cut costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

icdg wrote: »

The second reason is choice of games. 3e can (and I'd imagine will) show Tottenham every week during the group. ITV don't have that luxury and would come under pressure to feature Wigan and Swansea equally.

Unless Europa League rights work differently, ITV answer to ratings and advertisers first and foremost :)

You're right, they will come under pressure, but they have come under pressure in the past for featuring Manchester United in both the European Cup and the FA Cup to the exclusion of more "attractive" ties and still took the option of maximising their audience - as do RTÉ, TV3 & Setanta with the PL.

Where might the pressure come from anyway? In Wigan itself most residents can't be arsed going to watch them.

Swansea, though, could be different. Would ITV Wales be able to opt-out if the situation arose?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

which channel will show the Spurs match today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

becher wrote: »
    which channel will show the Spurs match today?
    Its not being televised.

Edit: This is a handy site to see who's showing which games

muffler wrote: »
    Its not being televised.

Edit: This is a handy site to see who's showing which games
    http://liveonsat.com/los__FT_br_eng_ALL.php is also a handy one for those with access to European Satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭kooga

energy1942 wrote: »
    I recall that when Bt sport where showing the trailer prior to launch, it stated Europa league football would be shown in the UK only, therefore I expect that
    Europa league football on Bt sport or ESPN will remain encrypted here.

on both the upc and sky platforms?

I recall that when Bt sport where showing the trailer prior to launch, it stated Europa league football would be shown in the UK only, therefore I expect that
    Europa league football on Bt sport or ESPN will remain encrypted here.
    Possibly they were legally forced to do this (because ESPN had to block the games last year) before coming to the partnership agreement with Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

A feast of football on the Setanta Pack today.

German Bundesliga
    Eintracht Braunschweig v Eintracht Frankfurt 2pm BT Sport 1
    Augsburg v Stuttgart 4:30pm BT Sport 1

Italian Serie A
    Inter Milan v Genoa 5pm BT Sport 2
    Lazio v Udinese 7:30pm BT Sport 1
    Napoli v Bologna 7:40pm Setanta Ireland

French Ligue 1
    Lille v St. Etienne 1pm BT Sport 2
    Ajaccio v Nice 4pm ESPN
    Nantes v PSG 8pm BT Sport 2

American MLS
    Chivas USA v New York Red Bulls 10pm BT Sport 1
    Seattle Sounders v Portland Timbers 3am BT Sport 1

Great line up of football.. but I think the wife would kill me if I tried to watch all that, watching football on sky and the odd Italian league game is as much as it gets.....

• Advertisement

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Great line up of football.. but I think the wife would kill me if I tried to watch all that, watching football on sky and the odd Italian league game is as much as it gets.....
    Send her shopping for the day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭becher

irishfeen wrote: »
    Send her shopping for the day ;)

:D
    with AJS he had to send her shopping for the whole weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

My sky will be gone tomorrow, could anyone tell me will my setanta package still work without a sky sub?

Edit - according to post 893 I just need a sky box and card and no sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,762 ✭✭✭✭muffler

My sky will be gone tomorrow, could anyone tell me will my setanta package still work without a sky sub?
    It will, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Setanta again with a very good SD feed & using the world-feed commentators :)

Hope they stay with this from now on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

radiowaves wrote: »
    Swansea, though, could be different. Would ITV Wales be able to opt-out if the situation arose?

Not in this instance, because it would count as a pick for ITV. The issue is that ESPN/BT have rights to everything after ITV pick one game at 6pm and one at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭marco2068

At last some resembelence of tv listings for btsport, now included on the setanta listings

http://www.setanta.com/ie/tv-listings

Tom Hanks wrote: »
    Setanta again with a very good SD feed & using the world-feed commentators :)

Hope they stay with this from now on.
    I too would love for Setanta to keep the world-feed for the games.. if only we had a HD picture now we would be flying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

so, after subscribing to setanta though sky, and now having BT sports etc, is there anywhere i can watch these channels online, a la sky go?

also, sky go is still showing ESPN, which i have via setanta, but i cannot watch it on my sky go as it says i need to upgrade.

anyone have any ideas on this, thanks.

Will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Only BT Broadband customers in the uk can watch the channels online. ESPN taken off Sky Go for me

• Advertisement

Viewers in the UK will be able to see Friday night's top of the table Premiership Rugby clash between Harlequins v Northampton for free on all platforms, though looks like this won't be happening here.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Does anyone know if next Thursday's Four Europa League games on BT sport & Espn, will be available in ROI, our will they be encrypted like before?

Does anyone know if next Thursday's Four Europa League games on BT sport & Espn, will be available in ROI, our will they be encrypted like before?

We don't know, possibly is the answer.

3e's pick is (of course) Tottenham v Tromso, Setanta's are I believe Valencia v Swansea and Estoril v Seville.

ITV has picked Valencia v Swansea and Spurs v Tromso.

BT's are Zulte Waregem v Wigan Athletic, Eintracht Frankfurt v Bordeaux, Real Betis v Lyon, and Lazio v Legia Warsaw. So these four games are not actually otherwise being televised in Ireland so on one hand it would be quite mean to block them given this. On the other hand, Setanta might take the view that to show them is deriving them of advertising revenue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Chris Ryan

Anyone know why I have BT Sport on UPC right now even though I'm not subscribed? Not complaining...hahaha

Chris Ryan wrote: »
    Anyone know why I have BT Sport on UPC right now even though I'm not subscribed? Not complaining...hahaha

So it is. Given the programme that's on I think a lot of people would have liked to know that at 12.45pm today....

So it is. Given the programme that's on I think a lot of people would have liked to know that at 12.45pm today....

I only found at half time, I was watching on a stream until then, didn't even know. Have no idea why it's free, mistake surely?

Chris Ryan wrote: »
    I only found at half time, I was watching on a stream until half time, didn't even know until then. Have no idea why it's free, mistake surely?

I'd say so. Did they perhaps make it available for the rugby last night and forget to turn it off afterwards?

I'd say so. Did they perhaps make it available for the rugby last night and forget to turn it off afterwards?

I have no idea. Hopefully they forget to turn if off next week too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Bought the yearly package today, anyone know how long it should take for the channels to start working? Does the Sky box have to be plugged into the phone line for it to work?

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    Bought the yearly package today, anyone know how long it should take for the channels to start working? Does the Sky box have to be plugged into the phone line for it to work?
    They should turn it on straight away, give them a ring...

Advertisement