Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 Bargain players

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Game not open yet but price list has been revealed: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/player-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Nani 9.0
    Valencia 9.0
    Young 8.5

Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Game not open yet but price list has been revealed: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/player-list/

Some interesting reading there alright. But Ferguson is £4.5 wtf!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Lampard at 9 is very appealing. Rotation's gonna be a b*tch though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

No midfielder dearer than 10M! Interesting. Any OOPs spotted? Walters still down as a mid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys, one to watch if ye trust my judgement :D

Swansea have been trying to sign Michu from Rayo in Spain, and it's looking very likely now. Very handy attacking midfielder who will probably take Siggys role in the team. 15 goals in 37 apps in La Liga last year, despite playing for a side who finished 15th.
    Ha was just gonna post this! Keep it to yourself FG ;) But you're right, super signing, expect fpl to price him fairly cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Swansea have been trying to sign Michu from Rayo in Spain, and it's looking very likely now. Very handy attacking midfielder who will probably take Siggys role in the team. 15 goals in 37 apps in La Liga last year, despite playing for a side who finished 15th.

Definitely , surprised the bigger teams arent in for him, supposed to be a bit of a nutcase from what Ive heard

Does anyone think we may not actually get 100m to spend

Does anyone think we may not actually get 100m to spend

I think we will get the 100m. Are you thinking that midfielders seem to be reasonably priced?

This is true, but to me the defenders seem to be a bit more expensive.

This is true, but to me the defenders seem to be a bit more expensive.
    They're cheaper as far as I can see?

I do think they've something up their sleeve... Maybe a max of two players from each club? I don't know, but I reckon something fishy is going on :p

• Advertisement

They're cheaper as far as I can see?

I do think they've something up their sleeve... Maybe a max of two players from each club? I don't know, but I reckon something fishy is going on :p

Sorry, I phrased that badly. What I mean't was, the defenders this year seem more expensive than the defenders last year. A lot 7.0s and 6.5s.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Before i start on the mid/forward line i want to fill out the defense/gk with all 4.5 players and then after doing my mid/forwards see how much is left over to improve the defense. I am going very attacking this season.

Can you recommend any decent defender punts at 4.5?

Thanks.

Formation wrote: »
    Before i start on the mid/forward line i want to fill out the defense/gk with all 4.5 players and then after doing my mid/forwards see how much is left over to improve the defense. I am going very attacking this season.

Can you recommend any decent defender punts at 4.5?

Thanks.

Fabio, Cuellar and Wilson all look decent options. The Stoke defence has been undervalued in my opinion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

VERY dissapointed by the decision to effectively dumb down the game by reducing the prices of players in general, especially midfielders.

"Now you can buy ALL the players!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

VERY dissapointed by the decision to effectively dumb down the game by reducing the prices of players in general, especially midfielders.

ya seems a bit odd. you can have two big defenders, 2 big mids and 2 big strikers and still pad out your team with decent players. unless the twist this year is you only have 80m to spend or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

yup, i don't like the look of this at all.

there has to be a twist.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wouldn't have deleted this post if I weren't around at the time that it was posted, no siree ;)

Won't be revealing my team till GW1, but he'll be in my team for sure given how much money he made me last year :)

-Ade- wrote: »
    Wouldn't have deleted this post if I weren't around at the time that it was posted, no siree ;)

Won't be revealing my team till GW1, but he'll be in my team for sure given how much money he made me last year :)

I'm getting banned soon.

The prices should make for greater variety though. There are a lot of midfielders with potential, but there are no standout nailed on options. I don't think any of the midfielders justify a very big price.

In fact the only midfielders who were particularly expensive last season were Lampard, Nani and Gerrard and they didn't justify that price hence they are all cheaper. Valencia doesn't score enough goals to require a big price, Silva's form tailed off badly last season so he isn't too expensive, Bale isn't consistent enough and Dempsey is unlikely to replicate last season. I think the midfield prices are pretty good.

Just putting it out there.

3-5-2 may be the new 3-4-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Just putting it out there.

3-5-2 may be the new 3-4-3
    imagine if we could also do 2-5-3 like the champions/europa league/euros and world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I don't see a substantial difference in prices compared to previous years. Midfield obviously appears different with no one above £10m, but in previous years you would only have had a Ronaldo, Lampard or Gerrard costing £11-12m. The likes of Silva, Mata and Bale are not in the same league as the others were in their fantasy heyday so don't justify the higher price. Goalkeeper, Defence and Forward prices seem to me to be in line with previous years.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Goalkeeper, Defence and Forward prices seem to me to be in line with previous years.
    Keepers and defenders are generally cheaper I think, although that's probably a reflection of fewer clean sheets going around last season.

The only thing that bugs me is the lack of a starting goalkeeper for 4.0m.

looking at Jenkinson for 4.5. should be a morealess nailed-on starter in Sagna's absence

The only thing that bugs me is the lack of a starting goalkeeper for 4.0m.

i thought J.R. MUST be 4.0... i think our campaign last season increased his popularity and price :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Ciaran Clark strikes me as a potential bargain.

Who is stokes first choice keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Who is stokes first choice keeper

Was Begovic for much of last season but Pulis trolled us a few times by sticking Sorensen in.Jaaskalinen for West Ham could be a cheap 2nd 'keeper.

I have my team picked,no obvious choices based on last season (got burned before by doing that) There are some bargains to be had with Villa players now Lambert is in charge.Reading could give us a couple aswell & DGW in week one also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

George McCartney.

Not a fan of his at all, but he played 38 times for West Ham last season and won the Players Player of the Year award. He'll be first choice LB for them.

Considering West Ham's first 10 fixtures are Villa, Swansea, Fulham, Norwich, Sunderland, QPR, Arsenal, Southampton, Wigan and Man City, I make that only 2 games in which I'd give them no chance of keeping a clean sheet (Arsenal and Man City).

He's a bargain as a squad filler or even as a starter for the first quarter of the season at £4.0m

Advertisement