Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I have a 3DS/DS - general discussion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

god i just played xenoblade on my 3ds... it really isnt great to look at...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

iamtony wrote: »
    Really want to buy Shovel knight for my 3ds but you have to buy it twice if you want it on your wii u but if I buy it on the playstation it's cheaper and my family can get to play it on our 2 ps3's, 2 ps4's and my vita all for one price. Nintendo really need to change their policy on this stuff!

Was just playing the game there on PS4 thinking I'm so glad I didn't but it from Nintendo, cross-buy is awesome. And being and to continue playing later on the Vita is so handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Was just playing the game there on PS4 thinking I'm so glad I didn't but it from Nintendo, cross-buy is awesome. And being and to continue playing later on the Vita is so handy too.
    It's cross play aswell? That is pretty awesome. They aren't leaving me with any choice playstation it has to be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

It's cross play aswell? That is pretty awesome. They aren't leaving me with any choice playstation it has to be.

Yep, there's a Cross-Save option on the menu screen that let's you upload and download your save games from one machine to the other, very slick. I hope to god Nintendo implement this feature with their DeNA partnership or whenever the NX comes out (and a proper system of games linked to your account not console).

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yep, there's a Cross-Save option on the menu screen that let's you upload and download your save games from one machine to the other, very slick. I hope to god Nintendo implement this feature with their DeNA partnership or whenever the NX comes out (and a proper system of games linked to your account not console).
    yeah sorry cross save is what I meant. No reason they can't do for the current machines if they want too.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how long luigi's mansion download play should take to download to the second system. It's been stuck on the please wait screen for the last half hour.

Does anyone know how long luigi's mansion download play should take to download to the second system. It's been stuck on the please wait screen for the last half hour.
    Never mind I never pressed start on the host system.

While buying something to protect my N3ds xl , i was looking at some cheap alternatives on ebay, i got some n3ds normal sized by mistake and wont fit my nxl.

so if anybody wants them send me a Pm and ill send them on for free.
    they look like crap tho, you cant tell from the photo but they look kinda worn ,
    but they probably will protect your New N3ds.
    They will fit only N3ds normal size only.

16biou8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

god i just played xenoblade on my 3ds... it really isnt great to look at...

Yeah, I finally got to give it a go a few nights back, 'blurrrgh' is all I could think, not great. Now, to hold onto it or sell it....

So is ANYONE here interested in Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition?

Maybe it's just me, but can't see it selling too well tbh.
    Kinda nothing for the 3ds coming soon is there? E3 better have a couple games in the pipeline for us over the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm going to wait for Puzzle etc to go down in price or go on sale on the eshop before I buy.

Too much of a gimmick to make me buy day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I'm going to wait for Puzzle etc to go down in price or go on sale on the eshop before I buy.

Too much of a gimmick to make me buy day one.

Yeah totally!

On a completely separate note, how much is the Mario edition on the eshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's a dual game pack, so you get both games for €30. Pretty great value.... grabbed it on the eshop this morning.

Played it for an hour or two this morning. Breezed through the first area and beat the first temple. Started the second area and I'm finding it much tougher.

I found this Android app which is great practice for combos (no timer hanging over you):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greenlee.padSimulator

Learning the basic mechanics is easy, but mastering big combos in a 5 second window is very hard. The app was a big help.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey guys, I want to grab a Zelda game for my 3DS but not sure which to grab. Any advice would be welcome :)

(Should note I am a Zelda noob and am really more trying to find out what all the fuss is about :P)

A Link Between Words is a good introduction and should be readily available. That's 2D, top down.

If you want to go for 3D, find the Ocarina of Time. Once you've finished that, go for Majora's Mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ocarina on the N64 was my frst Zelda and I loved it. So the 3DS version may do the same for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

All of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

All of them sounds pretty spot on. The Virtual Console games, Links Awakening and Oracle of Ages/Seasons are excellent too. The NES games are worth a look too when you finish.

Just get them all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Get them all, but start with something simple. Majoras mask can be pretty overwhelming to a newcomer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd start with OoT, its nice and linear, there's plenty of non spoiler guides to help with bits you might be stuck in and its a simply fantastic game.
    And the 3DS is a amazing update to the amazing original, with most if not all of the downsides of the original met and corrected.
    Twilight Princess is a simple one too, and available for the Wii, so it'll play on the WiiU as well. Its a greatest hits of the series and very easy to get through, a great primer to the franchise tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Definitely don't start with any of the 3D Zeldas. They all have the problem of taking a couple of hours to hook you and really click. I'd advise one getting some of the 2D Zeldas from the virtual console first, Link's Awakening or A Link to the Past are definitely the best two to start with.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Definitely don't start with any of the 3D Zeldas. They all have the problem of taking a couple of hours to hook you and really click. I'd advise one getting some of the 2D Zeldas from the virtual console first, Link's Awakening or A Link to the Past are definitely the best two to start with.

Boo Hiss!
    Difference of opinion!
    Down with this sort of thing!
    Careful now....

To be really controversial now, I'll repeat what I said previously that Link to the Past isn't even in my top 5 Zeldas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What? Is your number 1 the Zelda from Terrahawks? You're doing it wrong!

Ninestein FTW!

Actually it's Zelda Spellman followed by Zelda Williams.

It's probably due to me not playing it until the GBA version long after having played Ocarina.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

I can't stand the 3D Zeldo's.

I finished Link between worlds last week though, it was great.

Im a big zelda fan, but was put out off by the phantom hourglass's and spirt tracks touch controls, i guess i should add them to my list of games to be played over the summer months. what are the thoughts of those that played them?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Im a big zelda fan, but was put out off by the phantom hourglass's and spirt tracks touch controls, i guess i should add them to my list of games to be played over the summer months. what are the thoughts of those that played them?

I liked them, but they probably are the weakest Zelda games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Phantom Hourglass had a few annoyances - the controls took some getting used to, the repetition of the central dungeon you had to keep returning to (albeit alleviated by shortcuts as your repertoire expanded), and that annoying f'ing boat that kept chasing you... - but it had so many little touches to use every aspect of the console in as many different ways as they could think of. The first time you close the lid to impress information from the top screen onto your map on the lower screen I accidentally let out a tiny giggle.

My mic was broken though, so I never got passed the bit in Spirit Tracks where you get the pipes :(

Advertisement