Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Change of address while on Job seekers

• 30-08-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Having left college after 3 years I am now on the dole for the first time. I have recently moved from my parents house (where my permanent address is at the moment) to another county & travel up & down to collect my payment.

I want to change my dole to the county i'm in while I continue to try find a job, however as I am now living with a friend, my name is not on the lease for his house nor does the landlord know I am there yet but I do pay rent to my friend. Is it possible for me to have my dole changed over and do social welfare need proof from the land lord?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 saol

I wouldn't advise it. My friend moved in with me and we had the same issue. I changed the electricity into her name and they initially accepted that, but then later said they needed a lease with her name on it. By that stage the landlord knew she was living with me so that wasn't an issue. However this has been going on for 3 months now and her payments have been suspended the entire time. They keep making excuses, sometimes when she goes in they say they have no proof of her new address, sometimes they'll say they're waiting on a supervisor to sign off on it. Can't seem to get anywhere! I reckon you'll have less hassle driving up and down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Thank you for the advice :) I think I will stick with going up and down on the train for as long as I can

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

SingItOut wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice :) I think I will stick with going up and down on the train for as long as I can

You are supposed to be truthful with SW at all times re your circumstances.
    If your name is not on lease/bills etc, you can supply a letter from your friend accompanied by a bill in their name.
    If SW were to become aware of what you are doing, your money can be suspended and your means and circumstances reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

That is why I wanted to know what means I can use as proof of address. thanks

Advertisement