Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking apart and selling a PS3 for parts.

• 19-04-2015 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place but it seemed the most appropriate.
    I've been looking at a video of how to take a part a PS3 and it looks fairly straight forward. my old fat 60 GB PS3 YLOD a few years back and it's been gathering dust since. I took the hdd out to put in my 12Gb PS3 slim but other than that the rest is there. What parts are there I can sell and what are their value usually? Just want to get a rough idea of what to sell them at. I don't have much experience taking a PS3 a part so is there anything I should look out for?
    Once again if this is in the wrong place I apologise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

A quick look on adverts shows plenty of broken ps3s for sale from anywhere from 10 -50 euro.

I don't think you'll get much regardless of whether you sell it whole or piece it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭coolguyrko

eeguy wrote: »
    A quick look on adverts shows plenty of broken ps3s for sale from anywhere from 10 -50 euro.

I don't think you'll get much regardless of whether you sell it whole or piece it out.

well at the moment im only getting 15 but itd cost €14.50 to post it so that's not worth it. Taking it apart might get me a little more cash and be easier on postage

Advertisement