Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

It's friday and I'm finally home from that stupid god-forsaken hellhole called Courtown in Co. Wexford... Huzzah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

snorlax wrote:
    just ate a giant choc chip cookie from Marks and Spencers

awww! i love those things!

no more crutches! woo-hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

question; the brown chocolate ones or the white chocolate ones ;)?

white all the way. Altho come to think of it, I haven't had some of those M&S cookies for quite a while now...

We should bring some to the beers on Sunday!!! :D

hmm good idea, i prefer the brown ones, the white ones are so sweet! :) the shortbread ones are nice too.

one good thing about being in TCD is the range of places you can go for lunch...:)

iv monday off so can def have a drink or two, pint of guinness and possibly kilkenny

• Advertisement

Kilkenny???

Urgh, not my cuppa tea. Guiness sounds good tho, the Long Stone does good pints doesn't it? Doyles does the best pints of G, I've never found anywhere that matches it tbh. Altho there was this one place in Gory... But that's another story.

I definitely envy Trinity's locales, it must be said, funnily enough the Lunch advantage had never really entered my head before, but given how horrible UCD's options are I really wonder why not.
    Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

emm the options are there, but like we are poor students so it really doesn't matter.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I got paid my overtime - Woohoo!
    I also did a full fluid resuctitation on my own on-call on wednesday night and brought a lady on the brink of death back to life and ensured she remained so over that night (her son was very grateful). I don't know how she did later on but she didn't die on my watch!

hmm munching through pizza a the mo, it turned out right in the end :)!lovely and cheesy

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

Came back this morning from a deadly weekend in galway woohoo. Tres hungover but was worth it! Went shopping this morning yay and now just sitting in the laser huts passing some time before I get the train home.. lovely day :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Dead Ed wrote:
    I survived the post getting paid weekend and am currently sporting no new injuries from said time interval! I also discovered that drinking 11% beer leads to an interesting evening. The best bit: We discovered that you can open beer bottles from the latches in the sliding doors. Sweet.
    Haha beast. But to be honest I reckon the only reason you survived that (and dave almost didn't) was cos your da brother and girlfriend were visiting right? With all those factors you're simply a more responsible drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

wohoo, scored the hot barmaid i wanted!! woohoo

met two of my friends for coffee today and one of them bought me back a massive chocolate muffin, i v never seen one so big before and it even had a chubba chub stuck into it along with those apple stringy things.

its got such a chocolatey smell off it, don;t even think ill be able to finish it!:)...i might hve to go for a run around the block before i attempt to eat it to work up an appetite

WWOOOHHHHOOOOOO ,im goin home for the weekend today! yay, real guiness, real people (none of this continental crap) real food!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

You really don't like Belgium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

Pet wrote:
    Boring bastards

The dam europeans don't know what milk is. All they drink is that UHT milk, UHT for gods sake thats shocking

Pet wrote:

not true, i do of course, but it is nice to go home and sample what you are used to! the food is different and the guiness is bad, thats all.

belgium is cool though, dont mind what the others say

belgium chocolates :) too don't forget!

i FREAKIN love belgium! And fade, while guinness is lovely, you don't go to belgium (home of god inspired ale) to drink stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Trappist beer sure is delicious, but not so sure about the mayonnaise on chips thing though.

• Advertisement

Regi wrote:
    Trappist beer sure is delicious, but not so sure about the mayonnaise on chips thing though.
    Trappist beer is not soo good a lot of is very syrp like and not too tastful.

Blonde beer on the other hand is much more paletable, whish we could get some of that stuff back home

air_vent wrote:
    Trappist beer is not soo good a lot of is very syrp like and not too tastful.
    Meh each to their own. I'm quite a fan of trappist beer. Ale man through and through though. Duvel being the best, lovely golden ale. I'm brewing ale right now actually. It's bottling day today! Gonna take hours..

has anyone ever tried mead? it looks really interesting, but it's 15 %. i saw it on sale in the georges arcade for about 15eur per bottle

snorlax wrote:
    has anyone ever tried mead? it looks really interesting, but it's 15 %. i saw it on sale in the georges arcade for about 15eur per bottle

Anything above 8% and demons will be unleashed trust us ( i woke up with a bus stop in my room last week!) every friday we try the moderation and fail miserably too many stories about the 10% beer booze bracket.

So in summary buy it , skull it , enjoy it!!!!!!!

iv never actually tried it before but i think the celts used to drink it

snorlax wrote:
    iv never actually tried it before but i think the celts used to drink it

Treat yourself for freshers week!!! Go on

snorlax wrote:
    Don't like mead really. It's like desweetened alcoholic fizzy watered down honey. Actually, that's what it is.

well id say the celts had better stuff. it's probably possible to brew your own stuff if you had an imagination eg honey+yeast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

snorlax wrote:
    well id say the celts had better stuff. it's probably possible to brew your own stuff if you had an imagination eg honey+yeast

ew, mead is horrid vile ming-fluid. Very sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Lazy saturday mornings and test cricket on the telly is the best hangover cure.

Advertisement