Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Zero Punctuation Review of the first two episodes:
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6044-Walking-Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just finished ep 2 that was brilliant pretty much followed what most people decided on doing with my choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybody have any problems running this. PC ishould be able to handly it no p[roblem. Running Windows 7 and have cheaked steam forums with no joy. When I click play nothing happens...... Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Anyone else itching to play Episode 3? Am hoping for an announcement this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I thought this bump was an announcement :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone else itching to play Episode 3? Am hoping for an announcement this week!

Don't hold your breath man, Telltale said last week that they are almost finished the episode and will then be sending it to MS and Sony for approval. They also said they will be keeping us up to date unlike before and that middle of August doesn not mean 15th August exactly :rolleyes:

I'd say the epsiode will be finished this week and it will take a week or 2 to be approved. I see another delay for Sony users and Sony take longer to approve things.

Not too pushed as Sleeping Dogs is out Friday and will be keeping me well busy until Episode 3 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Anyone else itching to play Episode 3?

As long as it isn't quite so buggy as Episode 2 was! I'd rather wait a little longer for a glitch-free experience.

The global stats are out for Episode 2. Very close on
    stealing the food
    part.

Crap, this video really makes me want to play Episode 3 right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Don't you all get the global comparitive stats and the end of play anyways ?

Also, Can I advise you "SPOILER" that video, as it contains soooo much spoilers and ruins basically the whole episode for anyone who has yet to play it

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Don't you all get the global comparitive stats and the end of play anyways ?

Yeah, but now everyone has had plenty of time to play through it so you get a better picture of it.

• Advertisement

Still needs a poiler alert for it though man.
    I'd go mental if I watched that before playing it, basically telling you every possible choice and plotline in the episode

Still needs a poiler alert for it though man.
    I'd go mental if I watched that before playing it, basically telling you every possible choice and plotline in the episode

The start of the video is a GIANT SPOILER WARNING ;)

It's the tempation for idiots like myself to click on it though.
    Spoilers placed in front of you are a like the forbidden fruit ! :D

On topic - is there any update to the release of the 3rd episode ?
    They "COULD" stretch it out longer than 5 in fairness , if it's making good money, there is no actual need to end it at all

On topic - is there any update to the release of the 3rd episode ?
    They "COULD" stretch it out longer than 5 in fairness , if it's making good money, there is no actual need to end it at all

No update on the 3rd episode yet but they have confirmed they will be working on a 2nd season which is just brilliant!

They need to bring The Governor into it if possible,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    No update on the 3rd episode yet but they have confirmed they will be working on a 2nd season which is just brilliant!

A 2nd Season! Yikes

Getting a bit ahead of themselves, give us the first 5 episodes with fixed release dates, and we will talk about buying the 2nd season then. :pac:

They need to bring The Governor into it if possible,

YES!!!!

Episode 3 had a trophy called 'Welcome to Woodbury' but the latest update with Episode 2 removed that trophy. Don't know why unless they decided to go a different direction or the trophy was a spoiler or something.

If he does come into it, I can't see the game going as far as they did in the comics, althrough they have shown some mental stuff so far.

Well he's in the new series coming to TV, and so is Michonne, so it's all lining up to go down that road :) , though considering how much time was spent on the farm (10 episodes about) which equated to about 7 comics or so, the prison was about 30-40 comics :P ...so it may be a long time coming.

There is no way in hell they will show the scene you're thinking about in in the tv show :D The creator behind the tv show was asked about it already and he keeply avoided the question by saying the best thing about the tv show is how they can make it different from the comic. It's a pity the tv show is so watered down compared to the comic and now game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thanks for alert, I won't watch it so :D can't wait for next one

Thanks for alert, I won't watch it so :D can't wait for next one

Tempting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

EP 3 got cleared for the US out today. submission is with SCEE so more than likely it won't clear for Wednesday.

From Telltale
    IT'S OFFICIAL! The Walking Dead: Episode Three – Long Road Ahead will release Tuesday, August 28th on PlayStation Network in North America for $4.99 or as part of the Season Pass option for $19.99 which includes all five episodes. The episode will also be available on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday, August 29th for 400 MS Points as DLC within the original The Walking Dead XBLA release, and also on PC/MAC as part of a Season Pass on the Telltale Games Store, as well as through our partners on Steam, Origin, Amazon PC Downloads, GameStop, and GameFly. European and international release dates for PlayStation Network are still to be confirmed. The title is in submission with our international partners at SCEE, and as soon as Telltale Games receives a release confirmation, a date will be announced.

The Walking Dead: Episode Two – Starved for Help will also be available this Wednesday, August 29th on iOS as an in-app purchase within 'Walking Dead: The Game' for $4.99 or as part of the Multi-Pack bundle that includes episodes 2-5 for 14.99, a 25% savings versus buying all the episodes individually.

Seriously sick of the delays with Sony Europe.

Points are waiting in my account for this. Episode 2 was brilliant, but I played it the moment it came out and experienced some bugs with it... Thinking I might be better served by waiting a few days this time...

nah...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So its out for Xbox tomorow ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So its out for Xbox tomorow ??

According to the news of X360A.org and TrueAchievements it is out on the XBOX tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That is awesome on my day off and all what a result !!

• Advertisement

Just picked it up on Xbox. Now to wait until I get home.

Anyone started playing yet? Is it keeping the high standard?

Advertisement