Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Irish Legal System and Men vs Women.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not really sure if this is a man vs women issue
    Shouldn't be but you know yourself... always a few malcontents anxious to make it so.

Hmmm... OP doesn't seem that "interested" actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

In terms of actual sentences handed down, I'd much rather be a woman than a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

MagicSean wrote: »
    i heard someone talking about this on the radio and describing her experience. From what she said she was treated great and was in and out very fast. In fact her experience, including travel, seemed overall much better than she could ever hope to obtain from the HSE.

Thats because in her own circumstances she could not obtain a termination in Ireland and had to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Dudess wrote: »
    Wow, you're actually agreeing with the woman-hater that feminism is the cause of this inequality in the courts? And with his stuff about "dragging men down to their level"? Thought you'd more cop-on than that..

No, I am agreeing that their are notable feminist types who never seem that interested when discrimination based on gender goes the other way.

Feminists who are striving to achieve quotas in the Dáil for example and don't seem to realise that it is just discrimination of another sort.

As for whether Cartman is a woman hater or whatever, the name didn't ring any bells with me. I presume the poster have some form for making 'woman-hater' remarks but I wasn't aware of any.

What I am aware of is that feminism, does not always mean equality either between the sexes or between members of the same sex and that is what I was remarking on, nothing more nothing less.

Edit- Yah my mistake. See the posters other contributions now....reverse...reverse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Thats because in her own circumstances she could not obtain a termination in Ireland and had to travel.

No it's because Irish hospitals are third world. Have you ever been in one for an extended period? The beds are so uncomfortable that I slept in the chair one night, and I was there for a sleep analysis. And the temperature was all over the place. This was a private hospital.

• Advertisement

No it's because Irish hospitals are third world. Have you ever been in one for an extended period? The beds are so uncomfortable that I slept in the chair one night, and I was there for a sleep analysis. And the temperature was all over the place. This was a private hospital.

Thats a whole different ball game.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Thats a whole different ball game.:confused:

How. You say it is barbaric to make people have the operation in another country. I say it is more humane than handing them to the HSE.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

WindSock wrote: »
    Its true. I hate men so much I wish they were all dead so I can walk around with my big fat vagina hanging out in peace.

Why don't you just kill them? You lot get a free pass under Irish law if you say it's that time of the month.

Or did I dream that Werewolf Dispensation act?

How. You say it is barbaric to make people have the operation in another country. I say it is more humane than handing them to the HSE.

We are still on a different page to each other me thinks.

Advertisement