Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I plan on taking maternity two weeks before baby: but realistically it looking more and more like I'm going to be on sick leave untill then.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

silly wrote: »
    notsobusy-2nd July
    Mamaheidi-8th July?
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    theg81der- 31st July
    Mink-
    Silly- 18th July
    Kash-
    KildareAsh-
    July 18th by me. Hosp have said betw

My original due date was the 14th but they changed it at the dating scan to 22nd July... Am going to the coombe and so far have been happy with them - midwives and consultant all extremely nice...
    Planning on starting maternity leave two weeks before due date - it will be very strange training someone in to replace me.....
    Working late so just about to tuck into a very healthy dinner of pizza and garlic bread!!

Mamaheidi hope all goes well on monday....
    Take care,
    T x

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Ice cream mmm and hot apple pie

hmm I think I will start baking again

I'm hungry whole day but I have nausea as well so big part of my meals go to toilet

I had today 3 small portion of veg soup, sandwich with homemade pate, 2 cupcakes, and portion of cottage cheese with cucumber and now ice creams with chocolate.

That was really bad day. I usually eat much more fruits etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'm July 15, but really need baby to make an early entrance. My brother announced he's getting married in August...in England! Cld just do with an extra week to adjust to being a mammy!

Silly do u mind me asking what dress size were the dresses u bought from asos? I was looking at dresses on it the other day but they didn't have many 18's. Just want an idea of what their sizes r like.

Kildareash my sister wanted to speed up baby a little so she cleaned all windows at home - it helped ;-)

Ladies if you don't mind 2nd hand clothes check ebay. I bought some tunics & tshirts recently and they arrived today. I'm happy with value I get :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

mothercare have some stuff on sale atm. i ordered 2 dresses off asos a while ago. i was a 12 before i got pregnant so i thought it'd be smart to get size 14 in dresses- they are huge on me, not just in bump but everywhere else seems big too. have my eye on a red dress on it for a confirmation and 40th during march so i Will Defo go for the 12.

Javagal just in case you will have problem with finding dress let me know earlier - My sister send me some dresses (size 10 &12) and maybe I will be able to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

notsobusy-2nd July
    Mamaheidi-8th July?
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    theg81der- 31st July
    Mink-

My due date is Friday the 13th :rolleyes:
    But the baby measured slightly smaller on the scan, so the doc said maybe the 15th.

I'm planning to take maternity at the beginning of July (earlier if I need it), and then start back after the christmas break. But I'm playing it by ear... I work from home so it is pretty flexible, and if I can go back to getting a full months wages before christmas, that would be perfect.

But you know, I haven't a clue how much my life is going to change, so nothing set in stone yet.

Have my first antenatal class this afternoon - no idea what to expect!!

Thanks Java, I might order a 16 and hope for the best. I've a wedding in may, confirmation in June and three weddings in August now! At least they're all different groups of people so cld get away with only getting one or two dresses.

I'm planning to work up until the end of June, presuming I'll still fit behind the steering wheel. I'm hoping any holidays I'll have they'll let me take at the end of my leave because I don't want to have to go back over Christmas or first week in jan. I'd be depressed!
    I'm definately going to take the one day a week parental leave thingy.

Good Morning ladies,
    How are you?

I had horrible night. I wake up at 3 am, hungry. I had slice of bread with butter and jam.
    Waked again at 4:30 am hungry again, and then at 6:30 and I decided that it is time to wake up as it pointless to try to fall asleep for 1 hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Oh you poor thing. Sounds like you need a big feast today!

I had such an unhealthy diet yesterday, I started with that pizza, had a chicken ciabatta roll for lunch (with lots of salad) but then finished the day with a battered sausage and chips. I did have about 5 pieces of fruit though.

But... best night sleep i've had in about a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

notsobusy-2nd July
    Mamaheidi-8th July?
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    Mink- 28th July
    theg81der- 31st July

Is that everyone? I think we're missing Tinkerbell, March11, Trions & some more

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Anyone like ben and Jerries ice cream? - Choc fudge brownie - think ive eaten myself sick!!!!!!:D:D:D

Phish Food from B&J is the best, or Caramel Chewy... actually can't go wrong with Ben & Jerrys.

kildareash wrote: »

You have my attention, what's this now???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

javagal wrote: »
    mothercare have some stuff on sale atm. i ordered 2 dresses off asos a while ago. i was a 12 before i got pregnant so i thought it'd be smart to get size 14 in dresses- they are huge on me, not just in bump but everywhere else seems big too. have my eye on a red dress on it for a confirmation and 40th during march so i Will Defo go for the 12.
    I found the exact same, was a 12/14 got the 14, they are like tents on my, you wouldnt even see the bump beneath it! Def sending back for the 12's.

Mink wrote: »
    kildareash wrote: »

I think that is the 16 weeks of unpaid leave that you are entitled to. Some people just take it all at once, my sister takes a half day on Monday's and Friday's( her youngest is 3, and she still hasn't used up all her days)
    Alot of people just take the Friday off, but I think you can't demand a certain day off, I think even though you are entitled to the time off your boss can tell you what days you can/cannot take. I.e a Friday might not suit where you work due to work load etc...

I just baked vanilla muffins with raspberries and almonds (and eat 4 of them) :)

I discovered that I again love cooking and baking :)

My hubby said we will be happy to keep me far away from my stressful job if he will get feast like that every day - I made pancakes with bananas for breakfast, tuna and sweet corn sandwiches for lunch, cream veg soup with homemade buns and homemade pizza (base in fridge) for supper.
    Of course now I’m so tired that I’m going back to bed.

Saurelin wrote: »
    I just baked vanilla muffins with raspberries and almonds (and eat 4 of them) :)

I discovered that I again love cooking and baking :)

My hubby said we will be happy to keep me far away from my stressful job if he will get feast like that every day - I made pancakes with bananas for breakfast, tuna and sweet corn sandwiches for lunch, cream veg soup with homemade buns and homemade pizza (base in fridge) for supper.
    Of course now I’m so tired that I’m going back to bed.

Please come and be my live-in cook :D

Staaaarrrvvvving now

Mink please feel welcome to come over for tea and something sweet :)

I just had another muffin :P

I don't think it's an entitlement or anything. Your company can refuse it.
    I can't find the details on citizens info, but I know a girl in a different department in my office is getting it.
    I'm just on the phone now, but I'll have a proper look on the net when I get home and see if I can find more information.

If your company agrees to it, you will probably have to decide the best day between ye...Monday's and Friday's might not always be an option! I think the girl in my office takes Wednesday, because that would be their quietest day in the week.
    At the minute, Friday wld be the best day for me but now with the new changes it cld be a Tuesday or Wednesday. May talk nicely with my boss ;)

Anyone here planning to take any extra time unpaid? I'd love to be in a financial position to. Really I'd love to be a stay at home mom, or just a three day week, but that won't be possible for a while.
    I just have such happy memories of growing up and mum collecting us everyday from school. We were able to be involved in every activity because she was at home, never felt like a burden to her to be picking and dropping here there and everywhere.
    She was at every school concert, football match, anything that was going in and does the same for my nieces and nephews! I'd love to be able to give my kids that much.

I see a girl I work with and she almost resents her kids wanting to take up activities in the evenings, maybe that's just her personality tho and she's separated from the dad so there's no one to share the load with so to speak.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking about changing my job after maternity, for something for evenings or weekend.
    I'm working now at least 10 hours a day + commuting and I can't imagine leaving 6 months old baby for 13 hours a day!

I won't be able to take any unpaid leave at all. I think the company I work for would rather I take that unpaid parental leave, if I was to take it, in one lump after regular mat leave as they'd presumably already have a temp in.

I know for sure I won't be able to do 5 days full time when go back to work. I've an hour's commute each way, I'd just never see my baby! I'm planning towards being able to cope on part time wages as the mat leave payment will be equivalent to that.

I've not told my boss though, he thinks I want to come back full time, which at the time I was considering. Just couldn't do it though. As much as I love where I work, I think I'll need to try find something part time nearer to me, don't like the idea of being an hour away from baby if something goes wrong.

Or else maybe I can do a 3 day week?? I don't think I'll be able to do it with company I work for now, it's going to be the whole hog or nothing with them, which is fair enough.

I'm gonna be on summer holidays when baby is born so I will be back in october to December and then work experience from feb-june. Don't like the idea of leaving my baby for 10 hours a day but daddy will be here..

But I have warned him- If baby likes him more than me.. I will go praying mantis on his ass and eat him!

I'm taking unpaid leave definately, and all along my plan was to stay at home. Now that I've been at home for the last 14 weeks I'm not so sure. I miss work: not my job as such, but I really miss work.

The other side is my wages are a bit crap so when I factor in child care I'd be working for practically nothing :D And we could afford for me to stay home with a few sacrifices so I guess we'll see!!

I'm back vomiting in the mornings again... and at night a bit too. I've lost two pounds this week too: I just don't think this pregnancy is going to be easy for me at any stage: but I reckon that means I'll have a really nice easy labour (thats what I keep telling myself anyway :p). Big into the positive thinking at the moment :)

Girls , of ye have any events coming up go to mothercare, I got 2 dresses, one black and one a metallic grey, saw them both online for about €45 each, they were reduced to €10 each! Bargain!!
    Have weddings, confirmation and communions coming up! So they will do for that. Delighted with myself.

If himself can reschedule a job tomorrow morning we are going to see what baby is!!

Anyone wanna guess whether it's a boy or girl??

Winner gets a smiley face!

javagal wrote: »
    If himself can reschedule a job tomorrow morning we are going to see what baby is!!

Anyone wanna guess whether it's a boy or girl??

Winner gets a smiley face!

A girl!! Hope ye can see and baby doesn't hide :D

cyning wrote: »
    A girl!! Hope ye can see and baby doesn't hide :D

I think boy!!! Oh thinks it's a girl!! so excited!!

Edit: Aww cyning I just seen your ill again.. Try keep your liquids up, maybe try some diarlyte... Get well soon xx

My cousin who lives in the UK is due 3 days before me, she just posted a pic of her 20week scan on FB.. The difference in a few weeks since I last saw babes is crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

I'm 3 1/2 weeks behind! I must be the most far behind here with due date of 28th July. Boo!! I just feel jealous all the time reading all your posts - just kidding :P

Don't worry I'm due on the exactly the same date :). So I'm a bit behind too, getting impatient waiting for baby to move! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Javagal - you must be so excited! My money's on it being a boy!

I have a feeling I'm having a boy too but am basing it on absolutely nothing! Yep, my due date is the 8th of July but by my own dates I think it's more likely to be around the 13th... I'm sure the scan will clear it up in a couple of weeks though.

Be sure to let us all know ;)

Advertisement