Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

running second TV off Horizon

• 26-07-2014 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭

howdy all
    switched to UPC from sky yesterday.

Other than Inspector Gadget's sound giving gyp in the kids On Demand section, and my 5 year old banging on "I wish we kept Sky", seems fine so far. interface fine to me (although I'm a technophobe/luddite)

Other than sucking up the €8/month for multi-room, whats my best options for running my bedroom tv with magic eye from the horizon box.

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

ah lads, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Don't have to much help you but if I remember right the old hd boxes used to disable the scart once the hdmi was plugged in so that may hamper things if these are the same.

To be honest if you are really against paying a monthly fee for a second box id just be getting a freeview box and dish for the bedroom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

ah lads, anyone?

hdmi splitter cable then connect a longer cable to feed to other room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

problem sorted, I'm gone back to Sky, cooling off period hadnt expired.
    They really need to sort that Horizon out.
    If you are used to f**k all, it would be grand, if you're used to Sky, it sucks. Epically (IMO)

Advertisement