Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

More jackass production standards from the incompetents in D4

Arthur Beesley and others calling in on terrible phone lines and conversations continuing ....

Producers need to get their fingers out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

And Pat is off for a few weeks on his Holidays. Myles is back in. So expect lots of history slots that he can re-use later for his "live" The History "text us at 51551 for 10c" Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Marie Sherlock's voice go through my head.. And I think the term SIPTU Economist is an oxymoron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

touts wrote: »
    And Pat is off for a few weeks on his Holidays. Myles is back in. So expect lots of history slots that he can re-use later for his "live" The History "text us at 51551 for 10c" Show.

And presto! The story of linen.

mike65 wrote: »
    And presto! The story of linen.

Yea. That's half a "live" history show in September/October sorted complete with "texts from listeners".

• Advertisement

I find Gerry Fish very hard to listen to..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,483 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I find Gerry Fish very hard to listen to..

I know, after a while he started to give me a haddock.

*gets coat*

*throws 'Joe Duffy's Book Of Puns' in the bin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

And here we go again with another History item...

Oh and Myles, the Casement story was done way better by Talking History on Newstalk a few years ago....

Rodger Casement today. And it's a pre-recorded slot so Myles is in his element.

I switched off, I'm not sure how many times the Roger Casement story can be told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

If Pat were on with that Casement item, I think nobody would make any sort of deal about it.

If Pat were on with that Casement item, I think nobody would make any sort of deal about it.
    Because Pat would handle it well, without Myles' little knowing remarks, and not recycle the same item in another programme.

Because Pat would handle it well, without Myles' little knowing remarks, and not recycle the same item in another programme.

Exactly, you could called it being efficient but its really being very lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

That's a load of tosh. Myles's "little knowing remarks" are relevant to the subject matter of the discussion. Do you want only ignorant broadcasters?

It looks to me as if anytime Myles Dungan fills in for Pat, some people queue up here to have a pop at him.

That's a load of tosh. Myles's "little knowing remarks" are relevant to the subject matter of the discussion. Do you want only ignorant broadcasters?

It looks to me as if anytime Myles Dungan fills in for Pat, some people queue up here to have a pop at him.
    I'm not "having a pop" at him, I was just illustrating how I don't like his broadcasting style. That's still allowed around here, isn't it?

Also, do you think it is acceptable to take items recorded in the Pat Kenny show, and then play them on another programme, telling people they can text in comments for 10c a pop without telling them the item is pre-recorded?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

I really enjoy Myles when he sits in for Pat Kenny.
    And I like his history focus and i really enjoyed his Roger Casement part.
    So there.

Rich Boy is back out of hiding I see.. I hope Myles asks him about Wallace...

"Only people the Government have been protecting are the super rich"..

I think they are doing a good job of protecting Richard's pals on the dole, public servants, and all the south side rich kids going to Trinity to study ancient greek and cartography.

Good contribution from Michael O'Regan.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Walshie

Have to say I really enjoy Myles sitting in for Pat Kenny too.

• Site Banned Posts: 222 ✭✭bee_keeper

Rich Boy is back out of hiding I see.. I hope Myles asks him about Wallace...

"Only people the Government have been protecting are the super rich"..

I think they are doing a good job of protecting Richard's pals on the dole, public servants, and all the south side rich kids going to Trinity to study ancient greek and cartography.

Good contribution from Michael O'Regan.

michael o regan never uttered an opinion in his life which wasnt in line with goverment thinking , the guy is the quientesential establishment hack

Walshie wrote: »
    Have to say I really enjoy Myles sitting in for Pat Kenny too.

smug replaced by smugger

• Advertisement

bee_keeper wrote: »
    michael o regan never uttered an opinion in his life which wasnt in line with goverment thinking , the guy is the quientesential establishment hack

Oh I dont agree with him on everything, I just think his synopsis of Europe's view of us was pretty accurate and realistic.

Jim Power 0186-facepalm-30px-thumb-40x40-19845-thumb-30x30-19995.png a man who SHOULD be on the dole..

"Are you being a bit provocative when you say 'Do plants know?'"

Good man Myles..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Triffids are quite good at hearing :)

Myles: "Tell me about the bit in the book where carrots feel pain"

Interviewee : "Plants can't feel pain, that's not in the book"

Great research there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Myles & this guy with the carrot is hilarious .... Myles must have read a different book :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I could hear Myles laughing while listening to the "plants" guy.I heard it on my headphones.When the carrots issue was mentioned, things got a bit messy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Listening to this one on about pregnancy I'm left bemused that the human race made it to 2012 at all :rolleyes:
    Flogging another book of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'd rather listen to her accent than John Drennan's supercillious bilge!
    I was only half-listening, but wasn't her book written 21 years ago, if so then she's hardly flogging it now (or is there an updated version?)

myles doing little to hide his political leanings this morning during a conversation with journalist sean connolly re_ gilmore and varadkar

calling leo , this generations michael mcdowell

RTE doing labours work as usual

• Advertisement

Callan57 wrote: »
    Listening to this one on about pregnancy I'm left bemused that the human race made it to 2012 at all :rolleyes:
    Flogging another book of course :)

And the item before with Sheila Killian was just ridiculous.. I'm sure that if she ran a business it would be like the Caramel bar ad with the bluebird flying around and landing on her shoulder... But she certainly wouldnt make any profit..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement