Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the most insulting thing anybody has every said to you in your life?

• 15-06-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭

You know one of those insults that was just really hurt and that with you forever and youll probably never forget...
    *oh ye and yore ma doesnt count;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Are you in yet?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i was once told me eye brows are too pale. that one really hit home....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭LCD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

She said my penis looked a bit like Enda Kenny D:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was once told my hat didn't suit me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Hasn't been said to me, but I think the most insulting thing anyone can say to you is:

"You're a failure."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"Do you watch Geordie Shore"?

I was insulted beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Asked me did i see that idiot who hides from ugly people in tescos...

I said no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

That I was dowdy and didn't have the wow factor. It was said by a grossly overweight man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

We've replaced you with an inadimite carbon rod. F*ck my parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Amy33 wrote: »
    That I was dowdy and didn't have the wow factor. It was said by a grossly overweight man.

X Factor hopeful?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You are nothing like your father.

Old principal I had in primary school who also taught my dad. She didn't like me and was always putting me down, that's the one I remember most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

My Dad telling me he was disappointed in me when I was caught doing acid.

Call me any name under the sun and I’ll not bat an eyelid. But to disappoint someone you really love is a pretty shítty feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Kiera wrote: »
    My Dad telling me he was disappointed in me when I was caught doing acid.

Call me any name under the sun and I’ll not bat an eyelid. But to disappoint someone you really love is a pretty shítty feeling.

He was pissed your didnt share with him. Everyone knows a fathers proudest moment is sharing their childs first acid trip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭CiaranMcDCFC

I remember many many moons ago when I moved from Donegal to Dublin and had taken a job in Burger King on O'Connell street to keep me going. A woman came in and told me I should go home to Donegal and stop taking jobs from the locals!! She was fairly well dressed and not a skanger. Was insulted and very surprised, would imagine she would have a fit if she went into a fast food outlet on O'Connell street now!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Yer_Wan

Had a terrible day about a month ago. Missed the closest bus home from college, lost a suitcase, had been having a good cry for myself on Abbey Street. Get to Busaras and there's a man outside on the phone to one of his friends: "You're not gonna believe this, I just saw a girl who looks like a bloke!"

Cue tears again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

My principal said to me
    "I noticed your band is on the roster for the dance auditions after school today. Why even bother, McFly? You don't have a chance. You're too much like your old man. No McFly ever amounted to anything in the history of Hill Valley!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,960 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Faith+1 wrote: »
    We've replaced you with an inadimite carbon rod. F*ck my parents.
    inanimate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nobody likes you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

one that really got me is when someone phoned me and said that I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Hasn't been said to me, but I think the most insulting thing anyone can say to you is:

"You're a failure."

what really annoys me is when people say "fail" at something i made a small mistake in.
    just "fail". i dunno it actually hurts my feelings. :eek: but someone i know always says it!! ): get's on my nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Was once told (after an aptitude test before my Leaving Cert) that: "I wouldn't be troubling Mensa anytime soon"... by the 'family friend' who gave me the test!! I'm far from stupid, just had application issues, as in I didn't apply myself as hard as I should have, lol, but I've never forgotten that, haven't been as insulted since. :(

During one our wrestling shows:
    Random Heel walking around with a sour puss.

Kid walks up to him and says "You're a virgin!!! You're a prostitute!!! You're a rapist!!!"

Kids can be so funny some times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

"It's not me, it's you".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Are you in yet?

The answer to that is yeah ... hard to tell with a box as wide as that though love innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

posted a while back:
    xsiborg wrote: »
    oh, i just remembered one-

when i was only about ten years of age and i went to use the bathroom, whereupon i discovered a full bath of nice, clean, warm, water. "brilliant" i thought to myself as i quickly took off my clothes and jumped in.

just as i was leaning back in the bath...

my mother walked in-

"AHH JESUS YOU OULD FART OF A BASTARD!!!"

i nearly jumped out of my unwashed skin, suffering from near heart failure at the same time! :eek:

well, you try not to get excited at the sight of clean warm water after for so long having to be next in line in the same water after four of your brothers had just washed themselves in it and it came to your turn- fair mucky i tel ya! :o

also, "you fúcking knob jockey" from a customer who seemed to find my pricing unsatisfactory, that stunned me for a good 30 seconds... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The one I always remember is being called a greedy bastard when quoting a price for a customer. This woman was morbidly obese and was puffing and panting having walked about 10 steps from her car.

I was so shocked I burst out laughing.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

Teacher that started shouting that I was 'special' in front of the class in secondry school. I might not have been the brightest spark in school but I was a long way from retarded.

megaten wrote: »
    Teacher that started shouting that I was 'special' in front of the class in secondry school. I might not have been the brightest spark in school but I was a long way from retarded.

I had something similar. My teacher stood me in front of the whole class (In 1st year) and read out (to everyone in the class) all of the results of my maths homework and tests for the month prior .
    I remember I actually cried when I sat back down. I had never been so embarrassed before. I was an honours student in the other classes. Maths just was not my good subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

One of the worst insults when I was twenty something,
    I was running to cross a road and some six year old girl shouted out
    "Run Forest Run".
    it cut me deep.

Advertisement