Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alanstrainor bought a 325CI!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Don't worry dude, you'll get tons of conservative opinion and oil price observers asking you in a high pitched tone....'A bmw???' BUt i like you attitude. Best of luck with it. Looks really well.

One comment I had was: "A BMW!!:eek:!, more like BM Trouble-You!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Should should of just replied with a "No a Bm-F off and don't be jealous!"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Appropriate response:

Only person it seems to be troubling so far is you. Haters gonna hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Ah jesus.. I presume Alan smiled though gritted teeth at that one

'ha, trouble-you... good one!..:D:D (ya grasshole:rolleyes:)'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Seriously man, it's ridiculous. Even the way the car will quite happily cruise in 5th gear at 30mph is incredible. And the way it pulls in 3rd from about 2500rpm is amazing. Not quite as amazing as doing a blast in first on a clear straight road though:D

I was taking it very handy with my "test", and was very pleased with the pull especially compared to the 320d my friend has. The dealer looked at me and said she'd have pulled better in first or second tongue.gif
    I've already had pretty much everyone that's seen me in the car give me the "Are you mad" speech! I don't even try and reason with them, I just respond with "Clearly yes!" :D:D

You only live once, if you had asked me 2 years ago what i'd be driving now I would have probably said something like a nippy 1.4 petrol.

Yeah, everybody I know/talk to except conzy thinks I'm mental. "The tax is €1k - WOW". "The insurance is €1k - madness". "A petrol!? 2.5litre!? 3 litre!?". If the budget could stretch I'd go bigger, newer - MOAR POWER! Some people think it'll be totally lavish, one person said almost obnoxious. Spur me on why don't you, enjoy your shítbox paddy-spec boring family economy mobiles :D

They're the crazy ones, in a few years I could be married with kids, and the 325i isn't a car for a runaround :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Whenever I get "how much is the tax on that yoke?" / "you'd need a petrol tanker following you around" I just say I'm stimulating the economy :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Appropriate response:

Only person it seems to be troubling so far is you. Haters gonna hate!

It was more like, after taking them for a spin and enjoying the leather, electric seats, quiet interior and some quick acceleration here and there; "Where'd you get the 10 grand to buy this anyway!"

Then I lol'd.

conzymaher wrote: »
    Whenever I get "how much is the tax on that yoke?" / "you'd need a petrol tanker following you around" I just say I'm stimulating the economy :P

That's what you told me when trying to get me to run for a 330i and with a tax diff of €300 over the 325i you're not far wrong

Yeah, everybody I know/talk to except conzy thinks I'm mental.

I think Conzy being the voice of reason in this thread was a dangerous thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Fair play Alan, one of the best cars I ever owned (all too briefly) was a big engined E46 coupe. They have everything. Enjoy it, and feck the cost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

conzymaher wrote: »

Any time someone older than 30 comments on the Jag it's "Jaysus, how much is that tax on that yoke!?"

FFS!

I think Conzy being the voice of reason in this thread was a dangerous thing!

It's like he's trying to start a little 325/330 owners club. I fear he's succeeding, aided by his exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's like he's trying to start a little 325/330 owners club. I fear he's succeeding, aided by his exhaust.

I had my e46 before conzy :D If the yearly milage didn't require the 320cd I'd be amongst the 325ci group fo sho.

Means we'll have a bmw section at future meets tho :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

its the exhaust thats succeeding not him!

I had my e46 before conzy :D If the yearly milage didn't require the 320cd I'd be amongst the 325ci group fo sho.

Means we'll have a bmw section at future meets tho :D :pac:

A diesel? ...isn't this a petrol-only club? :pac:

I've had the privilege of driving an e46 320d many times, it is what convinced me I wanted a bimmer. All that was left to decide was series, age, size, body time - you know, the usual stuff. Then I got a lift home in an '01 325i and that was that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Seriously man, it's ridiculous. Even the way the car will quite happily cruise in 5th gear at 30mph is incredible.

Them two extra cylinders make a lot of a difference :)

And to get back to my statistics, 99% of people in this country never own a car with more than 4 pots :D

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

An E36 M3 while much less practical than a 330ci is in the same price range... just saying.. 321HP 7500rpm...

homerdevilvsangel.gif

I'll stop now

Ah yeah, nothing like a jump from 59bhp to 321bhp - oranges and oranges :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Going to change the indicator lenses, as they're a bit yellow looking. And the centre caps on the alloys could do with replacing.

There's a guy on Adverts selling centre caps brand new. I got mine on eBay, 20 euro for a set of 4 to the door. Indicator lenses do yellow alright, the side ones can't be restored as there's an inner and outer component to the plastic and it yellows between them.

Don't go down the angel eyes route IMHO, it's so chavvy, it's right up there with LED lights on Golfs and early Audis, and I'd keep the spoiler off too. Most 3 Coupés you'll see on the road all have spoilers. Usually stick on eBay jobs that are pre-painted, there's just no imagination. But that's just my opinion, and it's your car :)

Quick question for people in the know, my car has a cheap nasty looking shark fin stuck on the roof. Is this actually functional, or is it purely for looks? Don't want to go removing it, if there's going to be a hole for an aerial underneath!

• Advertisement

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562266

According to that thread, it's for BMW assist/bluetooth and will be held on by tape with no holes.

According to that thread, it's for BMW assist/bluetooth and will be held on by tape with no holes.

Whats BMW assist? There is no bluetooth in my car anyway, so it's probably safe to assume it was just stuck on at some stage.

It'll probably leave a horrible mark on it, if I remove it. It's coming off though! No way am I leaving it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Whats BMW assist? There is no bluetooth in my car anyway, so it's probably safe to assume it was just stuck on at some stage.

It'll probably leave a horrible mark on it, if I remove it. It's coming off though! No way am I leaving it there.

BMW assist is their breakdown service I think.

Also, it's quite possible that the shark fin was there from the factory even though bluetooth mightn't have been checked on the options list. Similar to my last car, the wires and connections for heated/electric seats were installed in every seat whether or not they were checked as it was easier for mass production.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I'm pretty sure I heard that there were loads of people getting fake ones to make it look like they had paid for the optional extra:P

It's definitely not a factory option, looks like some cheap tat just stuck on. It's plastic, and the colour is fading on it. So it has to go, i'll have a stab at it this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ants09

It's definitely not a factory option, looks like some cheap tat just stuck on. It's plastic, and the colour is fading on it. So it has to go, i'll have a stab at it this evening.

They just pop off and when you pop it off do you see a wire that can be traced back to your 6 disk cd changer in the booth if so its genuine if not its just for cosmetic purposes

ants09 wrote: »
    They just pop off and when you pop it off do you see a wire that can be traced back to your 6 disk cd changer in the booth if so its genuine if not its just for cosmetic purposes

Mine doesn't even seem to pop off, there's just a sticky mess underneath it. I don't know if it's wise taking it off, could be left with an awful patch on my roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ants09

Mine doesn't even seem to pop off, there's just a sticky mess underneath it. I don't know if it's wise taking it off, could be left with an awful patch on my roof.

Well check your booth and see if you can see a wire ?

Your probably right but if i see the car i just take it off for you foc as dont like aftermarket shark fins on them tbh

Nice purchase and hope you get years of enjoyable motoring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

There's always a way of tidying these things up no matter what's stuck to the paint. D/A works wonders :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Those fins look cack on a 3er!

Take it orf dude. ;)

Advertisement