Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 2 build up thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

vard wrote: »
    Mate of mine plays one of the main characters in this.

Samwell Tarly, I believe it is.

:eek:

When are you going to introduce us?

Tell him he kicks Samwise Gamgee's little hobbit ass, and that if I was his lord father I'd love him like no other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Ha, that's gas! I love his Twitter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Bought the 2nd book yesterday, gonna crack into it tonight, and hopefully get most of the way through in time for season 2. So excited about this returning.

Ya need to read 3 as well before Season 2 if thats the case. Otherwise you'll think you missed chapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Fella from my Parish in Season2 as well, He's playing the Tickler, one of my favourite minor characters, in a world where people Kill each other for snits and giggles and the value of Human life is so low its hard to stand out as a Psychopath, but the Tickler, he'll leave an impression.
    I'm curious as to how they are going to run the Arya Story, Will she spend this season as she did in book two up to the Red Wedding, or will she make it all the way to the Faceless men

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Looks like it was recorded with a potato but NEW FIRST LOOK TRAILER!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Best trailer yet.:rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Slightly better quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNLc5Nf9YxA&feature=youtu.be

Not too long now...

D'awww I love Sam! He's doing a really good job!
    And, y'know, if they need someone to sweep the sets, I'm a master of the broom! :p
    Or maybe Sandor needs help getting into all that armour?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Finished book two last night. Standard certainly did not drop from the first. Now to rewatch the first season. April is coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

There are quite a few in the show. To my knowledge Littlefinger, Catelyn, Varys, Joffrey, Barristan Selmy, Yoren (Night's Watch recruiter), Hodor and now Davos are all played by Irish actors.

Don't forget Michael McElahatton as Roose Bolton, great role for him to get!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

How far into book 3 will the 2nd season go because i've still to read part 2

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Don't forget Michael McElahatton as Roose Bolton, great role for him to get!

Based on the photo I saw of him he looks fantastically cast; pale, watery eyes indeed!

Crosáidí wrote: »
    How far into book 3 will the 2nd season go because i've still to read part 2

Doubt it will venture to far into book 3. Knowing the name of the 9th ep I cant see too much time to go into book 3.

Book 3 will probably be an extended season or two seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

another new trailer

some nice fight sequences there, deanarys seems busy:D:D

Best trailer yet! Still a few new characters haven't popped up In any of the trailers. I'm dying to see Asha/Yaya and Podrick Payne.

It's going to be great to see Robbs POV which is which is missing from the books!

The countdown is well and truly on now. I wonder will they broadcast the prologue a week in advance like they did last year???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

don ramo wrote: »
    another new trailer

some nice fight sequences there, deanarys seems busy:D:D

I love that new trailer and am dying for the new show, only a month to go until season 2.

OOOhhh, I'm getting goooosebumps!

One word, EPIC!:D

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Tyrion : (To Cersie) I will hurt you for this . the day will come when your joy will turn to ashes and you will know the debt is paid

I have goosebumps the size of satsumas after watching that trailer and that line in particular given what we book readers know happens. The Music contemporary tho it is works a treat too with even the title and lyrics fitting the subject matter perfectly Seven Devils = seven kingdoms/seven gods of westeros and its allusions to kingdoms burning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Going by the trailers the show seems to have answered my biggest criticisms of the first season - that of it feeling quite small - which was a worry for me given the scope of the next few books. Either HBO has thrown more money at it, or they've gotten smarter with their budget.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hopefully some of the battle scenes will be similar in feel to the sense in the book, rather than the non event of the Whispering Woods thing from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Going by the trailers the show seems to have answered my biggest criticisms of the first season - that of it feeling quite small - which was a worry for me given the scope of the next few books. Either HBO has thrown more money at it, or they've gotten smarter with their budget.
    It could be that a lot of the expense in a series like this is always going to be at the start either: building sets, fabricating costumes, weapons, props etc. So, a lot of what was spent on Season 1 would still be on-the-screen in Season 2 so the same budget (or possibly even a slightly lower one) would go much further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Wow, Florence and Game of Thrones together, two of my favourite things!

I'm very excited for the scenes beyond the wall, the scenery looks stunning.

Gauge wrote: »
    Wow, Florence and Game of Thrones together, two of my favourite things!

I'm very excited for the scenes beyond the wall, the scenery looks stunning.

It almost like Flo wrote the song with GoT in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Funglegunk wrote: »

Wow that does look impressive. I'm pretty hopefull they will do a good job with the wolves! CGI has advanced a lot lately were animals are concerned. the wolves in The Grey where awesome too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

donnacha wrote: »

That was unbelievably hilarious! I loved it, thanks for the link.

I can't get over how excited I am about Season 2, I don't think I've ever looked forward to something more than this in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Funglegunk wrote: »

Looks decent as a still, hope it looks as good when it's moving on screen.

Advertisement