Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Household package

• 10-10-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Me and my mam are facing our first winter alone since she and my dad broke up and we are trying to get as much sorted out for the winter as possible.

I am claiming disability allowance and have been doing so for a number of years and my mam is on JSA. Would I be entitled to claim the household package for us? I have been getting conflicting reports people saying that I would have to have a dependant to get it, and also because the ESB isn't in my name I can't get it. Sure couldn't we just change the ESB over to my name. Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Unfortunately the fact that your mam is on JSA is knocking you out for HBP. Did she ever think of looking for Carers Allowance in respect of you? If she had carers you'd get the package .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Unfortunately the fact that your mam is on JSA is knocking you out for HBP. Did she ever think of looking for Carers Allowance in respect of you? If she had carers you'd get the package .

She was formerly on Carers for me but I moved out of home so she had to go off it. I moved back in at the start of Summer, would she be entitled to it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    She was formerly on Carers for me but I moved out of home so she had to go off it. I moved back in at the start of Summer, would she be entitled to it again.
    only if shes on carers allowance again and not jsa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    only if shes on carers allowance again and not jsa

Okay then, thanks will look into it.

Advertisement