Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick FC

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is it first place is an automatic promotion spot, then 2nd and 3rd place have a playoff for the last promotion spot? Im not sure how it works, they seem to change the system every season!

We have to start going to games again when you get back!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Is it first place is an automatic promotion spot, then 2nd and 3rd place have a playoff for the last promotion spot? Im not sure how it works, they seem to change the system every season!

bottom team in premier automatically relegated.

2nd and 3rd from bottom of the premier have a playoff. (Playoff A)

Winner of first division automatically promoted.

2nd and 3rd place in first division have a playoff. (Playoff B)

Loser of A plays winner of B - victor plays in the premier the following season, loser plays in the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

We have to start going to games again when you get back!

Definetly, I miss those friday nights at Jackman and then heading to luigi's after for a bag of chips! Good times!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What sort of crowds are they getting to the home games this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Aidric wrote: »
    What sort of crowds are they getting to the home games this season?

Have had as low as 350 and as high as 1400.

Usually around 450/500 mark. Big games will bring a few hundred more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭flutered

the 3rd round cup draw has been kind to them, at home v tolka rovers/tralee dynamos.

Munster Senior Cup

Limerick 0 - 3 Waterford

Next league game - away to Derry City, Friday May 21st

osarusan wrote: »
    Munster Senior Cup

Limerick 0 - 3 Waterford

Next league game - away to Derry City, Friday May 21st

Awful game played out by 2 reserve teams on a wet Tuesday night in front of no more than 150 people. Nights like this aint fun, however come Friday we'll have 2 full promotion chasing teams playing in front of 2/3000 in the Brandywell.

Cant wait. :cool:

Derry City 0 - 0 Limerick

good point away to the league leaders. Limerick stay 3rd in the table.

Next league game - away to Longford, Sat. May 29th

Next home game - versus Monaghan, League Cup, Tue. June 1st

FAI Cup - home versus Tralee Dynamos/Tolka Rovers, Fri. June 4th

Next home league game - versus Finn Harps, Tue. June 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

thanks for keeping us up to date osarusan!:)

• Advertisement

Longford 1 - 0 Limerick

If Limerick had won, we'd have gone second in the table on goal difference, as it is we're now fourth. Conceded a late goal, followed by Judge and Hughes getting sent off for fighting each other. Table here - http://www.extratime.ie/leagues/

Next home game - versus Monaghan, League Cup, Tue. June 1st

FAI Cup - home versus Tralee Dynamos/Tolka Rovers, Fri. June 4th

Longford 1 - 0 Limerick

Judge and Hughes getting sent off for fighting each other.

Just not on at this level, can forgive a bad day at the office and losing to a poor team but what these two done is unforgivable.

League Cup

Limerick 0 - 3 Monaghan

Utterly, horribly inept and rudderless performance. The only saving grace is that this was a competition the club doesn't really care about, but that doesn't by any means explain how bad we were tonight.

Next Game - FAI Cup - home versus Tralee Dynamos/Tolka Rovers, Fri. June 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭phog

League Cup

Limerick 0 - 3 Monaghan

Utterly, horribly inept and rudderless performance. The only saving grace is that this was a competition the club doesn't really care about, but that doesn't by any means explain how bad we were tonight.

Next Game - FAI Cup - home versus Tralee Dynamos/Tolka Rovers, Fri. June 4th

The last game I was at was a cup game against Cork, last year I think, I had meant to head in tonight but forgot about it, missed nothing bu the sounds of things. Might head in on Friday evening.

FAI Cup
    Limerick 3 - 1 Tolka Rovers

(McGrath, Kelleher, Kelly)

Limerick 2 - 1 Finn Harps

(Kelly, Boyle)

John Boyle scores a stunning goal from 35 yards to give Limerick a 2-1 win.
    First division table here

There is now a 2-week break, followed by:

Away to Cork City FORAS on Friday, June 25th.

Home to Waterford United on Friday, July 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Great match today.. Boyle had a cracker of a shot.. And I had a little fun with our cheerleaders too.. xD

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That Waterford game already looks massive.

Aidric wrote: »
    That Waterford game already looks massive.

Sure is, but the Cork game in Turners Cross the week before is just as big. Expect a big Limerick support down there for that one. The Limerick SC always run buses to away games so if anyones interested in going to this one let me know. E15 return and we'll have you home well before midnight! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Villa Limerick

Come on Limerick !!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Lads for anyone who is interested in going to Limerick FC vs Cork City Foras Friends Of The Rebel Army Secoity Co-operative Union Football Club, the Supporters Club is running a bus to it, its €15 Both ways, tickets below are about €10.

If you are interested in going, contact Dave @ 085-7408289. Bus time is yet to be confirmed (I'll post it when we have it). If you have any queries contact me or Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Villa Limerick

does the supporters club have a website or page ?

does the supporters club have a website or page ?

http://limerickfcforum.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Lads for anyone who is interested in going to Limerick FC vs Cork City Foras Friends Of The Rebel Army Society Co-operative Union Football Club, the Supporters Club is running a bus to it, its €15 Both ways, tickets below are about €10.

Fixed that for you

Fixed that for you

Why thank you, its what I get for typing fast and not having spell checking on my computer :P

Limerick 2 - 1 Finn Harps

(Kelly, Boyle)

John Boyle scores a stunning goal from 35 yards to give Limerick a 2-1 win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AleqEmbXQP8&feature=player_embedded

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Soulcrew09 wrote: »

Top quality goal :) The accents of the lads celebrating makes it even better! Genuine excitement for the local team, it's great to see/hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Does anybody know if Limerick are organising a summer camp this year for the younger ones

campo wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Limerick are organising a summer camp this year for the younger ones

They usually do and I seen it advertised on recent match programmes but iv no other info, you will find contact details here. http://limerickfc.ie/clubinfo/where.html
    give them a ring and see, Paddy Harnett is your man I think you'll find him on facebook but just as handy to ring up and ask.

• Advertisement

You are looking for the Limerick FC Academy, http://limerickfc.ie/academy/ I've still got to update there with the new times (Check back there at the end of the day, I'll do it after this guy from Eircom comes and checks my internet), but the prices are still the same.

If you want more information on the Academy, you can Contact the Academy Director, Colin Scanlan 085 - 1305752 or Email academy@limerickfc.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement