Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus line Blanchardstown- Dublin airport

• 09-06-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I think this will be a great idea if Dublin bus will take into consideration the demand of a line like this .
    Any opinions and suggestions are welcome here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

spring21 wrote: »
    I think this will be a great idea if Dublin bus will take into consideration the demand of a line like this .

There was a bus service from Dublin 15 to Swords via the airport for the past few years run by Urbus but as you can see there wasn't enough demand and they stopped running it

http://www.urbus.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Theres already a private bus doing the same route. I have used it a few times. Good service even if it does go all over the place before getting there. cant remember the name of it. Would diffo use dubli bus if they set up the service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Theres already a private bus doing the same route. I have used it a few times. Good service even if it does go all over the place before getting there. cant remember the name of it. Would diffo use dubli bus if they set up the service

As above, it was UrBus but they ceased operating a while ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭dublinstevie

Dublin bus wanted to extend the 220 to airport but were refused the licence to do so because of urbus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I used to take it for about 2-3 years to work in Swords. Got to the stage where it became about €40 a week for a ticket and I ended up getting a car as it was cheaper on petrol per week to goto Swords and I could work later or earlier if needed.
    I had noticed the route became longer going around IKEA so the journey took about 90 mins from Blanch center to Swords.
    Cycling to work used to take me 45 mins so I got to the stage where I hated that bus every morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Polar101

I just take a 17a to Santry and then a 16 to the airport - works better than the more expensive (and now cancelled) Urbus sightseeing tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Dublin bus wanted to extend the 220 to airport but were refused the licence to do so because of urbus

Maybe they should reapply maybe look at extending the 17a down by donaghmede, down the n32 to the airport.

It would mean a new bus service to the airport for blanch, finglas, glasnevin, Ballymun, coolock, malahide road and kilbarrack

• Registered Users Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭dodzy

Blanch to DA with all bags - 2 adults & 2 kids - Taxi is yer only man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭bren2001

There is no bus to blanch from Dublin Airport. A private company Urbus stopped their service a few months back.

According to the Lighthouse Cinema, the start time will be finalised by 14th of November. Your best bet would be to get a taxi from the airport to blanch (or Coolock as its nicer imo). Would only cost 15e.

If it starts at 7.30 and you land at 7.15, you've no chance!

bren2001 wrote: »
    There is no bus to blanch from Dublin Airport. A private company Urbus stopped their service a few months back.

According to the Lighthouse Cinema, the start time will be finalised by 14th of November. Your best bet would be to get a taxi from the airport to blanch (or Coolock as its nicer imo). Would only cost 15e.

If it starts at 7.30 and you land at 7.15, you've no chance!

Are you posting on the wrong thread or is there a deleted post somewhere??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭bren2001

January wrote: »
    Are you posting on the wrong thread or is there a deleted post somewhere??

completely wrong thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Is there a bus that does a ring around the m50? that would be amazing, would save you having to go to town to head back out. Say it starts at the airport, then goes to ikea, then blanch, then liffey valley, red cow, tallaght and somewhere near dundrum.

Would be ideal for loads and would connect people to lots of different spots quickly and easily.

Haha, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

The 76a is as close you get to that sort of a bus route, goes from blanch shopping center close to liffey valley and then to the Square in Tallagh but there is only 3 a day in each direction.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/76a4/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Morag wrote: »
    The 76a is as close you get to that sort of a bus route, goes from blanch shopping center close to liffey valley and then to the Square in Tallagh but there is only 3 a day in each direction.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/76a4/

Yeah I know, but it would make sense to have one doing a loop around the m50 is all im saying. Theres serving the community, and serving the community efficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rkantos

Yeah I know, but it would make sense to have one doing a loop around the m50 is all im saying. Theres serving the community, and serving the community efficiently.

Dublin's ringroad's infrastructure is not built for buses, there is no efficient way of getting the buses to pickup people along the route, otherwise it is a nice idea. In other countries you have an over or an underpass, that has a bus stop from where people can easily connect to the ring road bus.

The airport - Blanchardstown seriously needs a route to support especially night flights. Could we maybe get a petition for running the few Dublin Bus routes a little more later or get more Bus Eireann night shifts pop trough Blanchardstown Village or S C? For example the Cavan / Navan and even Sligo buses could make a stop in Blanchardstown Village during night time, this would dramatically increase the availibilty of transfer possibilities to Airport from Blanchardstown.

See for reference the bus that runs to Helsinki airport (search google for "bussi 61" and you should get it's time table), coverage is there at least every hour by night. The Bus would be the equivalent to Dublin bus.

Advertisement