Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-03-2012, 16:27   #16
Daniel S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanstrainor View Post
20 quid doesn't get you that, that offer ended. You get 50mb a day, and if you spend 30 a month you get 1GB a MONTH.
I'm on 200 mins, 200 texts, unlimited meteor to meteor calls and texts and1gb data (for the month, which carries over to the next if you don't use it). €15.
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 16:53   #17
ozmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl4pj4ck View Post
why is that? anyone can confirm this?
yes - also interested in knowing if its possible to use a cheap data plan sim in an IPad 3G.

IPad sims are about 20 euros a month - so this would be quarter price. cap not an issue - even 500mb a month would be perfect.

Surely it cannot know? IPads are internally same as an IPhone.

Would you would need to keep some call credit on it though as well - to keep the sim alive - even though you will never use it I wonder?
05-03-2012, 18:28   #18
Heisenberg1

I get unlimited calls and txts to any network and 2GB data a month with 48 for €18 a month best deal around.
05-03-2012, 18:31   #19
Heisenberg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmo View Post
yes - also interested in knowing if its possible to use a cheap data plan sim in an IPad 3G.

IPad sims are about 20 euros a month - so this would be quarter price. cap not an issue - even 500mb a month would be perfect.

Would you would need to keep some call credit on it though as well - to keep the sim alive - even though you will never use it I wonder?
I use a 3 microsim in the iPad works a treat on the €20 a month plan. Just need to top up each month to get AYCED.
05-03-2012, 19:00   #20
Alanstrainor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel S View Post
I'm on 200 mins, 200 texts, unlimited meteor to meteor calls and texts and1gb data (for the month, which carries over to the next if you don't use it). €15.
For the extra 5er I get 15GB...and using my phone as a wireless hotspot means free internet on my table too. Depends on your needs I suppose, but 1GB just isn't enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzon View Post
I get unlimited calls and txts to any network and 2GB data a month with 48 for €18 a month best deal around.
What kind of contract is that though?
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 19:24   #21
JTMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzon View Post
That a very misleading statement. The data offer with 48 ends at the end of April 2012.

From May 1 2012, 48 will charge a whooping 1 EUR per hour for internet.
05-03-2012, 19:37   #22
Heisenberg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
That a very misleading statement. The data offer with 48 ends at the end of April 2012.

From May 1 2012, 48 will charge a whooping 1 EUR per hour for internet.
Not really as thats what i'm getting now. Can't really comment on the internet time pricing will have to wait to see how that works out.
05-03-2012, 19:38   #23
Heisenberg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanstrainor View Post
For the extra 5er I get 15GB...and using my phone as a wireless hotspot means free internet on my table too. Depends on your needs I suppose, but 1GB just isn't enough for me.

What kind of contract is that though?
No contract just like PAYG just buy a membership every month.

http://www.48months.ie/index/deal
05-03-2012, 21:50   #24
crazygeryy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel S View Post
are you sure it carries over?and is it just the data that carries over?do the texts and minutes carry over?
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 22:02   #25
Daniel S

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygeryy View Post
are you sure it carries over?and is it just the data that carries over?do the texts and minutes carry over?
Checked balance this morning, 1024.3mb remaining. texts and calls don't.
Thanks from:
06-03-2012, 01:09   #26
wil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmo View Post

I cant confirm this is definitely the case, just what I was told in Meteor.
A 3g data sim is apparently recognised as different to a phone sim by the Meteor network even though everything is internally same. Perhaps there may be a s/w or firmware way around this to make the tab appear to Meteor as a phone.
06-03-2012, 11:26   #27
Alanstrainor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil View Post
I cant confirm this is definitely the case, just what I was told in Meteor.
A 3g data sim is apparently recognised as different to a phone sim by the Meteor network even though everything is internally same. Perhaps there may be a s/w or firmware way around this to make the tab appear to Meteor as a phone.
There sure is, just change your browsers user agent. Sorted.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion