Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Council Housing List and Rent Allowance

Options
  • 13-09-2011 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

just wondering if anyone can throw light on this?
    i am currently on South Dublin County Council Housing List, and have a sheet from the council stating i am entitled to rent allowance.
    I havnt yet been in to the cwo to fill in the forms, but have been searching for a room to rent that would suit my needs, and now a room has become available in a house my friend is renting.

The problem i think i have is that The house is in the Dundrum area, and therefore doesnt fall under SDCC but Dun Laoigre Rathdown County Council, and im wondering if i therefore wont be able to get rent allowance to live in this area?

i know the obvious answer is to apply to the Housing List in that area, but im just wondering if anyone was in a similar situation or knows whether i would be refused RA, as the delay alone applying for the other Housing List, would probably cause me to lose the room

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The only way to sort this is to go and see the CWO as it is she/he who makes these decisions. Good luck with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mark1972

Hi
    Im sorry if this is not the right forum and sorry if this is not the right way to post a question. But I applied for a council house at the South Dublin local authority and now I want to change it to Dun Laoghaire city council. Is this possible?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You will have to contact Dun Laoghaire city council.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement