Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aiden7

whilst it is never good for any player to have hip Surgery esp when they are only 25! this forced break for SOB will be good for him allows him to have a proper break.

Shame that Ruddock is out too as it would have givin him a chance to impress at 6/8, but assuming that Dom Ryan is fit, he should get plenty of gametime to impress and maybe one the academy lads like Gilsenan/J Murphy/Jordan Coghlan to get some gametime in the Rabo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I don't know what exactly SOB had fixed but I would imagine it was an acetabular labral tear. This is the ring of fibrous cartilage that holds the head of the femur in place. It can become pinched, inflamed and then tear free. This injury is becoming far more common than in previous years. It was so rare even 10 years ago that academic texts rarely referred to it at all. Guys are getting bigger and stronger but cartilage, ligaments and tendons aren't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Do you know what happened to Leamy Jaco?

I don't remember anything more than a hip problem being said but it is/was a strange one I thought the way it came about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭jacothelad

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Do you know what happened to Leamy Jaco?

I don't remember anything more than a hip problem being said but it is/was a strange one I thought the way it came about.

No, nor to young Pollock who also retired because of a hip problem. In Leamy's case it may simply have been a case of too much degeneration leading to osteoarthritis. In Pollock's case it may have been due to damage to the epiphyseal growth plates caused by physical trauma at his relatively young age.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

629881.jpg

I know we all knew about it, but it's great to note that we had someone like Shane representing rugby by carrying the flame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

.ak wrote: »
    I know we all knew about it, but it's great to note that we had someone like Shane representing rugby by carrying the flame.

Shaggy needs a statue built for him!!! I will always love him! great player, absolute gent when I met him(even out at 3 in morning when both of us had a few on us) and a great pundit......

Still love how mad in the head he gets around the matchs against Munster....class act

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Is LF forum down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Shaggy needs a statue built for him!!!...

There is not enough marble in the world! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭phog

Morf wrote: »
    Is LF forum down for anyone else?

looks down - http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/leinsterfans.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Off topic but why does our thread get an exclamation mark and no else does?

Is it a warning that we've won the HC three times :D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

WeeBushy wrote: »

I guess you mean the II which is for 2, as in the second thread on Leinster team talk after original was closed down due to being so big.....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Big Nelly wrote: »
    I guess you mean the II which is for 2, as in the second thread on Leinster team talk after original was closed down due to being so big.....

he means the warning symbol to the left of the thread title in the forum page.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ask you shall receive
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79490235&postcount=5

Because the Elders so sayeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

A slightly odd preseason game lined up, shame SOB will be injured for this:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

We all dream of a team of Jordan Coghlans....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hip injury, I can see him playing through the pain barrier.

Probably is a bit dodge though, like we're trying to get away from being a pretentious posh sport, and we're playing One Day Cricket internationals....

errlloyd wrote: »
    Hip injury, I can see him playing through the pain barrier.

Probably is a bit dodge though, like we're trying to get away from being a pretentious posh sport, and we're playing One Day Cricket internationals....

Maybe Cricket is trying to get away from their image and decided to put on a game against Leinster....

So, cricket folk think rugby folk are... common?

:eek:

We're through the looking glass here people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Now the Irish cricket team playing Leinster in rugby would be something that we'd all pay to see :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Champions of Europe DVD
    http://www.twitvid.com/O3AG3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'll pick that up in about 3 years down the local charity shop for a fiver.

Those DVDs are generally too expensive for what you get.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If the DVD is anything like the previous versions it's not going to great or even worth it at all to be honest. Even the blurb for it says that only the Final is in full so what you'll prob end up getting is very brief highlights (could be just the tries) from the other games.

If the DVD is anything like the previous versions it's not going to great or even worth it at all to be honest. Even the blurb for it says that only the Final is in full so what you'll prob end up getting is very brief highlights (could be just the tries) from the other games.

Minus the best part of the moves for each try. Expect to see just Luke's pass to BOD for the try against Cardiff for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Apparently there's another DVD made by Leinster coming out in the next few months, which is not a HEC roundup type thing. Don't have any other info on it.

danthefan wrote: »
    Apparently there's another DVD made by Leinster coming out in the next few months, which is not a HEC roundup type thing. Don't have any other info on it.

Mr. DC is being quite aloof about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

I just don't understand it.

How difficult could it be to just include a couple of other DVD's with every game (or at least QF, SF and Final). It would require no editing / production. It would turn this DVD into a "must have" for every leinster support.

Instead, every year, they through out this crap which gives you about 5 minutes of viewing plus the final.

When Ireland did the grand slam the DVD had each game in full. (I never got bored of watching that France game).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

First block of fixtures

Scarlets A
    Dragons H
    Treviso A
    Edinburgh H
    Connacht A
    Munster H
    HEC 1
    HEC 2
    Munster match is already confirmed for the Aviva

• Advertisement