Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pokemon General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

My Magikarp solo run thus far if anybody wants to see the agony:

http://imgur.com/a/F2JZf

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I guess the randomizer doesn't affect the rival, which is a shame. Him having a Tyranitar would have been kinda funny in a dick way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

I recently battled Mewtwo with my level 17 Genesect and arose victorious, it was rather intense but I'm glad it's over and am playing with great ease and comfort now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

wobbles wrote: »
    Would love if someone took the time to edit out all the useless parts, and just have important bits to continue some kind of story and all the battles from each season. Might only be an hour long but what an hour....

There's youtube videos which have only battles/gym battles!

The Magikarp solo run continues:

http://imgur.com/a/v1gep

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Might have been quicker to try and beat up the Onix by yourself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Hey, folks, just wondering what event pokémon were released for Soul Silver. Myself and the girlfriendo each got a secondhand copy of it recently, but we haven't started playing yet because there could be an event pokémon or downloadable of some description already on the carts. If so, we want to trade them out before we start new games.

The reason I'm asking here instead of just googling it is because I don't want to spoil anything by accidentally winding up on a site that shows all the game's legends. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

list of event pokemon for soulsilver/heartgold
    Mostly legends, a pikachu and a scizzor(japan only).

But you might be able to clones from peoples own events here.

list of event pokemon for soulsilver/heartgold
    Mostly legends, a pikachu and a scizzor(japan only).

But you might be able to clones from peoples own events here.

Cool, thanks. That list doesn't also include the regular legends that are available too, does it? I just don't want to spoil it on myself.

only the 3
    dogs
    I think, as you can catch them..but they also gave them out I believer for trading over to black/white. Open to correction though.

Slide very slowly to manaphy(not a mm further ) in the link. And you should be fine :P

• Advertisement

only the 3
    dogs
    I think, as you can catch them..but they also gave them out I believer for trading over to black/white. Open to correction though.

Slide very slowly to manaphy(not a mm further ) in the link. And you should be fine :P

Nice one. Much appreciated. I'll check this out when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/16/new-pokmon-anime-will-feature-a-new-protagonist-set-in-the-first-generation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29
    The new animated series reboot has potential. New protagonist, set in Kanto and he picks a Charmander. Seems to follow the R/B game patern.

Think we will get an English version? I've been trying to catch up with the main series but I'm still only at the start of Johto.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/17/is-this-image-from-a-new-pokemon-game/
    Please let this be a tease for a home console game, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

GTR63 wrote: »

I'd be wary that it's just another battle-focused game like 'Stadium' or Battle 'Revolution'.

Has there been any news on Sylveon being able to fly? I know there was rumours on its type before the fairy announcement, but this has to finally be the gen in which I can have a full Eevee squad with no spot wasted on a fly-slave, right?

GTR63 wrote: »

Aren't the DS etc home console games? I don't really fancy having to dig out the WII and dust it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why is Starmie Water/Psychic when it and Staryu cannot learn any Psychic moves by levelling up :s

Why aren't Psyduck and Golduck part Psychic, I imagine they didn't want another typing since there's Slowpoke/Slowbro too....that's the only reason I can think of....

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Aren't the DS etc home console games? I don't really fancy having to dig out the WII and dust it off.

Handhelds can be played anywhere though not just at home. Think it'll be coming to WiiU as it hypothetically looks a step above what a handhelds offer. Hope it isn't another Pokemon XD type game.

Thats a screenshot of it.
    mystery2.jpg

Here is the trailer, which is a reasonable watch.

Black, White, Black 2 or White 2.

Which ONE should I get? This is the only Gen that I don't have anything from and now need it in order to finish my Living Pokedex on X. I'm thinking White 2, but want the opinions of people who have actually played them.

Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

white/black as you sent send the dna spliced pokemon from 2 over in pokebank

I've been awkwardly trying to breed a bunch of lads before I hit the Pokébank. Decided to download it today and start transfering, and there's no sign of it. Has it been taken down?

It was never up to be taken down

It was never up to be taken down

I see. Any word on when it will be up?

nope :mad:

Ah, poo. I suppose the bright side is that at least I didn't miss out on the Celebi, if he wasn't actually made available for me to miss.

deathrider wrote: »
    Ah, poo. I suppose the bright side is that at least I didn't miss out on the Celebi, if he wasn't actually made available for me to miss.

It wasn't. It was only up for two days in Asia before being taken offline again. It's basically been pushed back until an unknown date.

I don't have a fifth Gen game yet so I'm not bothered, but it is odd how they have given practically no information or updates. Can see why it has annoyed so many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I am really hating how long it takes to get points in Voltorb Flip in SoulSilver. But I want those TMs! I already got the Dratini.

EDIT: Currently replaying SoulSilver. I'm torn between what water pokemon to use. I have an Eevee that I can turn into Vaporeon when I get a water stone. There's Wooper, Poliwag, Tentacool. I'm swamped by choice. Also, I guess I need a hm slave. It doesn't need to know surf, that'll go on my water pokemon, but will need to know strength, cut and rock smash.

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I am really hating how long it takes to get points in Voltorb Flip in SoulSilver. But I want those TMs! I already got the Dratini.

EDIT: Currently replaying SoulSilver. I'm torn between what water pokemon to use. I have an Eevee that I can turn into Vaporeon when I get a water stone. There's Wooper, Poliwag, Tentacool. I'm swamped by choice. Also, I guess I need a hm slave. It doesn't need to know surf, that'll go on my water pokemon, but will need to know strength, cut and rock smash.

Go with Poliwag, can't go wrong with a poliwrath ;)

HM Slave = Bibarel/ Rattata/Krabby/Furret

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Havent played pokemon in years... really since gba... but im gonna jump back in... should i start on x and y or go back a bit further.. only have the 3dsXL so going back further might be difficult although I do have some old handhelds in the attic. Basically should I jump straight back in to x or y. And any tips to get me going

Advertisement