Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The *new* Trading Thread

Options
  • 18-02-2010 9:09pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Following on from here.

Just a new thread so some rules can be outlined and whatnot :)

> Got a pokémon to trade or looking for a particular one? Post your request here. Posting your friend code is optional so you can exchange them via PM if you want.

> The system works on feedback, if a trade went successfully post here and you will be added to a list of good traders. If it didn't go successfully, PM me first with the details of the trade before saying that x is a bad trader.

Overall just be nice and have fun trading! :)

**Good Traders**
    DKZ
    Wobbles
    Rockmongrel
    Jazzkamiden
    whatawaster
    mcginleyireland
    spookymuffin
    popzmaster
    buzzthebatgirl
    Banjo
    Denny M
    Cloud493

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ezio

hey guys im looking for someone to trade with im looking for either manaphy or mew or mewtwo i have most pokemon in platinum to trade and also charmander bulbasaur and squirtle if ur interested let me know my friend code is 5113 5324 0306 its for pokemon platinum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think I have a spare Mew and MewTwo. Pretty sure the Mew is a fake mind - the text says "Pokemon Event 07 ; Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv 50" but it's a Lv 9 mew, probably created for swiping shineys and legends off the GTS that are put up for swapping with for a < level 10 Mew. The Mewtwo looks OK, arrived from Kanto at level 72, has a champion medal as well as Sinnoh champ so it's probably a legit pal park.

Looking in my Legends box, I also have a pair of Manaphy eggs so if you want one you can have it.

I'm not fussy about what you trade back, although I don't have any legendary dogs, birds, or that one that looks like a whale. I'm also short of Earthquake TMs.

However I am fussy about when I trade. I have pretty much no PC access at home and I'm very seldom able get my DS online before 10 pm, except between 8 and 8:30 I get about 10 minutes while my baby is settling. Saturday mornings between 10 and 11 are probably the best bet. It's about the only time I have my DS, internet access and Wifi access.

While I'm here, I have a spare Deoxys, a spare Darkrai (it was abused by it's original owner so it has terrible moves) and a bunch of sundry regular pokies (larvitars, spiritombs, totodiles, piplups and two eggs from last june that could be anything) if anyone's interested. The only other 'Mon of interest is my shiney Mightyena called Casey that Buzz gave me a couple of years ago when I started whinging about how I'd never encountered a shiney in the wild. I've since caught two and nabbed another two from the GTS so I really should pay it forward - if you have a shiney-related sob story and need a digital hug, let me know!

Trainer : Nunbery
    FC : 2062 5665 0115
    (Diamond)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Does anyone have a Lumineon? I'll be able to swap back right away. I just need the data.

Also, Banjo, can I have a Manaphy egg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I need an Earthquake TM.. anyone have? I'll trade any other TM I have or whatever you want for it! :D

Does anyone have a Lumineon? I'll be able to swap back right away. I just need the data.

Also, Banjo, can I have a Manaphy egg?

As long as you don't mind waiting a while, and as long as the original poster that I offered it to doesn't come back to me, sure - I'm busy the next couple of weekends though. Once I sort out the loft I might be able to dig a path to my PC and log in one of the evenings during the week to arrange a trade. In april. Jaysus, the time just flies.... If you're still looking for a Lumineon, I think I have one on one of my games. Of course, if you were to motivate me to clear out the boxes in the PC room by... say.... offering me something juicy for the egg it might happen sooner :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gameshark

Banjo wrote: »
    I think I have a spare Mew and MewTwo. Pretty sure the Mew is a fake mind - the text says "Pokemon Event 07 ; Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv 50" but it's a Lv 9 mew, probably created for swiping shineys and legends off the GTS that are put up for swapping with for a < level 10 Mew. The Mewtwo looks OK, arrived from Kanto at level 72, has a champion medal as well as Sinnoh champ so it's probably a legit pal park.

Looking in my Legends box, I also have a pair of Manaphy eggs so if you want one you can have it.

I'm not fussy about what you trade back, although I don't have any legendary dogs, birds, or that one that looks like a whale. I'm also short of Earthquake TMs.

However I am fussy about when I trade. I have pretty much no PC access at home and I'm very seldom able get my DS online before 10 pm, except between 8 and 8:30 I get about 10 minutes while my baby is settling. Saturday mornings between 10 and 11 are probably the best bet. It's about the only time I have my DS, internet access and Wifi access.

While I'm here, I have a spare Deoxys, a spare Darkrai (it was abused by it's original owner so it has terrible moves) and a bunch of sundry regular pokies (larvitars, spiritombs, totodiles, piplups and two eggs from last june that could be anything) if anyone's interested. The only other 'Mon of interest is my shiney Mightyena called Casey that Buzz gave me a couple of years ago when I started whinging about how I'd never encountered a shiney in the wild. I've since caught two and nabbed another two from the GTS so I really should pay it forward - if you have a shiney-related sob story and need a digital hug, let me know!

(Diamond)

Hey im interested in that darkrai of yours add me as your friend on pokemon my code is 1978 2281 0797

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Ill breed one for you if youd like

As long as you don't mind waiting a while, and as long as the original poster that I offered it to doesn't come back to me, sure - I'm busy the next couple of weekends though. Once I sort out the loft I might be able to dig a path to my PC and log in one of the evenings during the week to arrange a trade. In april. Jaysus, the time just flies.... If you're still looking for a Lumineon, I think I have one on one of my games. Of course, if you were to motivate me to clear out the boxes in the PC room by... say.... offering me something juicy for the egg it might happen sooner :)
    Bah. I have terrible Pokémon atm...for trading, that is.

EDIT: Do you have ditto?

I have 2 dittos in Diamond but I'm not keen on giving either away. I don't know if you can continue to breed them once they hit 100... One cost me a good pokemon on the GTS, one was a generous one-sided trade from early in my Pokécareer. Maybe the decent thing to do would be to pay it forward, but I'm not a decent guy. Having said that, apparently Dittos are all over the shop in Emerald once you beat the E4, and I'm on gym #6 at the moment so once I've taken care of business there maybe I can help you out...

No, Banjo, I was wondering if you needed a ditto XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

I'd like to trade for any of the Kanto, Johto or Hoenn starters (well except Eevee/Pikachu).

I could offer any of the Sinnoh starters, or if you've something else in mind maybe we can work something out. Don't have much legandaries though.

Niall.

BTW its for generation IV.

(Diamond)

I'd be interested in one of those Totodiles please, if its not too much trouble.

ive got em all if your interested. Not looking for anything in particular.

wobbles wrote: »
    ive got em all if your interested. Not looking for anything in particular.

Thanks, I've sent you a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Looking for Squirtle, Totodile, Chiqurita, Mudkip, Torchic and Treeko. Trying to do the National Dex on Soul Silver without just trading them from Diamond/Platinum/LGFR/RSE :)
    Can offer legenderies, have tons of the things at this stage!

EDIT: Opps, forgot to say PM me! I like doing trades over IM best so if you have a IM account that's be super

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Anyone got any tips for looking out for fakes? I've gotten a few Pokemon off Serebii.net WiFi Chat and already I'm wondering if they're fake... What's a good indicator, apart from "Met at.. X Lvl at X"?

Can hacked 'mon bypass the GTS? Are they a risk to the cart?
    (I read the rules, only saw about ROMs so hoping this is ok and in the right thread)

EDIT: If anyone's got an Eevee, get in touch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

wayhey wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for looking out for fakes? I've gotten a few Pokemon off Serebii.net WiFi Chat and already I'm wondering if they're fake... What's a good indicator, apart from "Met at.. X Lvl at X"?

(I read the rules, only saw about ROMs so hoping this is ok and in the right thread)

EDIT: If anyone's got an Eevee, get in touch?

I can easily breed one.

Do you have a Burmy? :)

I don't unfortunately... I got a few strange Pokemon off the GTS last night though, a Scyther, Pupitar, Politoed and few others. Only started out so I don't have loads of good Pokemon... if you've HG maybe I could catch a Vulpix for ya?

Buzz had a guide to hacked pokemon over on Wiffy :
    http://www.wiffy.ie/forums/pokemon-diamond-pearl/3604-hacked-pok-mon-guide-v4-updated.html

If you're using Diamond/Pearl/Platinum but NOT HG/SS you could, if you have the equipment, dump the save file and view it through PokéSav which would let you see the IVs - usually if they're ridiculously good it's a fake. Then again once you start doing this there's that gnawing temptation to use PokéSav to edit your 'Mon...

I hope for Gen 5 they can introduce an offline trade where you can upload a handful of Pokies to the GTS specifically for another user (say, with customisable criteria for desired trade species, level range, move etc) so they can download them when they log on whether or not you're around. I'd feel a lot better about saying "I have an Eevee & a Burmy" while knowing I'll never be around to go through with the trade... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

I have more than a box full of Eevees, all male and level 1. They have pretty good egg moves (should have Shadow Ball, Bite and Fake Tears) and should have good IVs (Father had almost perfect IVs and their mother had 31 in Speed and SpAttack). I was chain breeding a while ago for females with good IVs and natures and ended up with a lot of leftovers.

Have a similar amount of Charmanders, can't remember what kind of egg moves they have but their father was a level 60 Charizard so there should be something good in there. IV wise, they were bred before I got into the whole IV/EV scene so I have no idea what their IVs are.

Can infect all with Pokerus.

I'm looking to complete my pokedex in Soul Silver and want a large variety of trainer numbers for the lottery in Goldenrod. I'm open to offers, PM me.

• Advertisement

its ok DKZ I had to go offline really sudden last night anyway...good idea for Pokémon though, the offline trading!

I have a Scyther if anyone is looking for one? Got it over WiFi few days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Really really need the lend of a Kyogre caught in heart gold, can give it back to you within 24 hours, just want to catch rayquanza and shut Oak up!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I hadn't notice this until today! Thanks Banjo!
    If you're using Diamond/Pearl/Platinum but NOT HG/SS you could, if you have the equipment, dump the save file and view it through PokéSav which would let you see the IVs - usually if they're ridiculously good it's a fake. Then again once you start doing this there's that gnawing temptation to use PokéSav to edit your 'Mon...
    Don't edit the 'mon that makes them hacked and hacked 'mon make Togepi cry.
    togepi_fakecrying2.jpg
    If you are unsure about legitness use online legit check, but you do need some way of the pkm file from the save file. That's all I'm saying at that matter.
    Serebii chat is loaded with kids(?) with ARs passing off hacked shinys and the like as legit, be on guard over there.

Things to watch out for are (not a complete list):
    • Date the 'mon was caught at (if they have several shiny Pokémon caught in or around the same date from a Johto/Kanto/Faraway Place tag be weary as those locations don't have access to the Pokéradar)
    • Ball of capture: Certain Pokémon can only be caught in certain places in certain balls, eg. Kangaskan from Safari Zone in a Safari Ball
    • Double check the "Met at X at Lv X" with an online Pokédex. Psypokes, Bulbapedia and Veekun are good IMO
    • If in doubt don't trade
    Yes and no. I've lost count of the number of Pokémon from the GTS I have got that didn't pass my "Met at legal area at LvX" check. These Pokémon don't damage your save. If you plan on going to a Nintendo event you can, in my experience none of my games blew up at events while I was downloading the event Pokémon after a heavy night of trading on the GTS.

If you are at a tournament like the Video Game Championships, your party gets legit checked and if any of your party members are hacked then you get thrown out of the tourny.

Apologies for going a little off topic in the trading thread, please don't shoot me

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Good post, Buzz! :) The only thing I can say is that Kangaskhan can be caught on the Pokéwalker now, so if you get one in a Poké Ball, it may well be legit!

Anywway, I've got all the Johto and Kanto starters if people want, just looking for the other starters now. :)

Don't edit the 'mon that makes them hacked and hacked 'mon make Togepi cry.
    Even if you're just giving them a name 'cause their original owner treated them like a vase or a sausage roll you might purchase in packs of twenty, instead of the beautiful and unique shiney-pichu-shaped snowflake they really are?

Well, if hacking a name on your 'Mon is wrong, Kaminari the shiney lightning goddess doesn't want me to be right :)
    (And to my credit, I didn't give her Volt Tackle while I was in there :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Just as the topic came up...
    syncosised wrote: »
    Good post, Buzz! :) The only thing I can say is that Kangaskhan can be caught on the Pokéwalker now, so if you get one in a Poké Ball, it may well be legit!
    Kanga does also appear in the Rock Tunnel too, so she can come in any ball, but only if the memo states Rock Tunnel can she be in a ball other than a Safari/Pokéball
    Even if you're just giving them a name 'cause their original owner treated them like a vase or a sausage roll you might purchase in packs of twenty, instead of the beautiful and unique shiney-pichu-shaped snowflake they really are?
    Since editing a Nickname in 'sav changes the "hidden" hex data then your Pokémon may not pass legit checks as hex datas may not match up correctly. If it's just for your own personal use it should be a problem, but I wouldn't advise using any edited Pokémon in any official tourny.

If these kind of queries keep coming up I should start another thread of legitness here as the guide I wrote is sooooooo out of date now

Seeing as it's Friday and all, anyone willing to trade a Lapras for a Lapras? I caught one today and would like to trade for the Exp Boost :) You can catch them today in the basement of the Unown Cave, coming from Azalea Town you go in, go left, Surf down and right down the steps. Surf across that patch and go down and left. Lapras is down there if ya want your own :)

Also, I have a Pidgeotto, Lvl 21 that knows Fly, Gust, Quick Attack and Sand Attack. Its nature is Naughty (kinky...) and it's got Keen Eye (no accuracy loss).
    Anyone want to trade a Pidgey/Pidgeotto same nature for mine? Again, EXP Boost :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 noknownalias

Hi looking for someone to evolve my magneton for me so i need someone with d/p to help me out. Cheers in advance

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hi looking for someone to evolve my magneton for me so i need someone with d/p to help me out. Cheers in advance
    In D/P, I think if you put them up for trade (look for something stupid you'll never get), go out of the building, go back in and take the pokémon out it will evolve for you. That's how I did Kadabra anyway.

Could be wrong, or may not even be what you're looking for!

• Advertisement

It needs to be leveled up in Mt. Coronet. If you want i can do it over the weekend. Could do with the dex entry anyway

Advertisement