Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to WoW, A Question or two :)

• 15-10-2014 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'll be returning to WoW I think for the new expansion WoD. But I no longer have access to my old account which means starting all over fresh.

I know if you pre-order WoD you get a free level 90, Does that include professions boost? What about gold, bags, mount training?

I would love to return to WoW but having no mounts or professions to farm with to catch back up would be a killer for me.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I used my boost a few days ago, and you get flying skill (up to 280) and 150 gold. Also, a full set of 20 slot bags and ilvl470(ish) gear.

You only get professions boosted if you are lvl60 or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Kiith wrote: »
    I used my boost a few days ago, and you get flying skill (up to 280) and 150 gold. Also, a full set of 20 slot bags and ilvl470(ish) gear.

You only get professions boosted if you are lvl60 or higher.

Thank you :) answered all my questions.
    In that case ill only buy the base game for now, ill hit 60 pretty fast then buy WOD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Ther're having a sale at the moment, the full game inc all expansions (not wod) for €14.99. Not bad value.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

shockwave wrote: »
    Ther're having a sale at the moment, the full game inc all expansions (not wod) for €14.99. Not bad value.

dont think its a sale thats the price it will be always. I also had a few accounts that didnt have mop and they have all been upgraded to mop :D

I have no idea what class to role as my main xD Choice between warlock, hunter and shaman as they are the only 3 classes I haven't played end game with in any expansion as of yet.

• Advertisement

I think shaman as I can go dps or heals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

shamans are awesome, I even used to tank with mine back in vanilla

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kasumi_Goto

Shaman is a pretty good choice. With the new stat plan you can have a heal and a melee dps (enhancement) with one set of gear. You know that every gear piece will have both agility and intellect, right? And depending on your specialization the proper one will become active. It's pretty cool as will allow to save some bag space (although huge improvement in bags too) instead of carrying around two sets of gear. I just took a look at my shammy last night and I don't like what they did with my healing spells. Gonna get used to that again.

A few words about professions: herbalism and mining have no longer skill requirements. Meaning you can go and pick flowers in Pandaria with 1 herbalism. There's just a difference in what you pick up. Skilled herbalist will pick up more flowers than a newbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

killanena wrote: »
    I think shaman as I can go dps or heals :)

Shaman is always a nice option, i played one for a number of years and even though i believe they are a little bit under tuned right now i still love them.

Enhancement has been receiving some really good kudos on how fun it is to play, damage is low but the changes are inlin with ret paladin in terms of quality of life and stuff to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Tried a shaman ages ago and loved it to start out, but the starting questline for Dranaei really sickened my happiness. Started a hunter a few days ago and refused to use heirlooms. Getting irritated already :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

WoD is bringing cast times back heavily to WoW for casters, so melee should have a field day early on in PvP and continued in PvE. I'm playing a Rogue at the moment and loving it on live. Going to boost it eventually, but I'm only 55 at the moment. Just enjoying my questing.

You can see here that the only traditional caster even close to the top is the pesky Frost Mage. Granted this is still beta statistics but this close to launch it won't change much I reckon. Shadow Priest is a solid 4k behind (7 places) followed by Arcane Mage and then it's melee again. Everything bar Enhancement Shaman is having fun, melee wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The traction that Simcraft graph is getting is ridiculous.

That is a sim for full efficient DPS chart. Its relative to about 1% of the plsyerbase. Players that are fully optimal and never make a mistake and never mistime a cast etc etc.

Its good maybe for people to use to whine about their class being under powdered...but I doubt that is what WoD is going to look like. Even after nerfs to Demonology this week I'm still around top 3 in Meters on most SOO fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

TheDoc wrote: »
    The traction that Simcraft graph is getting is ridiculous.

That is a sim for full efficient DPS chart. Its relative to about 1% of the plsyerbase. Players that are fully optimal and never make a mistake and never mistime a cast etc etc.

Its good maybe for people to use to whine about their class being under powdered...but I doubt that is what WoD is going to look like. Even after nerfs to Demonology this week I'm still around top 3 in Meters on most SOO fights.

Although the current game is balanced around 100 , I agree with the sentiment also locks are pure dps class one of them has to be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Hamhide wrote: »
    shamans are awesome

Best thing about Shamans now, their new Minor Glyph to Ghost wolf, additional +60% movement speed while out of combat! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Best thing about Shamans now, their new Minor Glyph to Ghost wolf, additional +60% movement speed while out of combat! :pac:

And it works indoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

MagicIRL wrote: »
    And it works indoors!

If priests got a glyph for their Angelic Feather ability, permanent speed boost while out of combat as well... that'd be nice... :(

I've decided to return for WOD :) sadly I don't have my old account anymore so starting fresh, Its was nice of blizzard to include all the expansions other the WOD under one reasonable price tag :)

What classes are all you guys rolling first for WOD?

I was going to go druid but my guild needs a paladin so currently leveling one :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Threads like this tempt me so much, so very much, to return to WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Manach wrote: »

im returning!!

Do it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Join us, its bliiiiiis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Jaayylol

Manach wrote: »

After not really playing at all in MoP (Only leveling a character or two to 90 and quitting) I'm returning as well. Really excited for WoD and i'll be raiding if my net stays good! Fingers crossed :p

Advertisement