Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

esselstyn diet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Seems to be veg legumes wholegrain
    Fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Looks like a low-fat vegetarian diet. Sounds terrible to me.

Looks like a low-fat vegetarian diet. Sounds terrible to me.

ya i was interested in the heart disease side of it

but i figured i'd have to add fish or chicken to it

and then it's no longer the esselstyn diet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

a "healthy" diet that only works if you take a bucket load of supplements listed below? you must be joking! cholesterol is a myth anyway.

j@utis wrote: »
    a "healthy" diet that only works if you take a bucket load of supplements listed below? you must be joking! cholesterol is a myth anyway.

Cholesterol is a myth?

I was just about to get mine checked..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

That website is outdated. We've moved way past "fat is bad".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Sounds like your macros would be 0/100/0

gawdawful diet

So where's it at now for 'hearth health' then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So where's it at now for 'hearth health' then

Recent studies have produced conflicting results on whether the consumption of saturated fat causes heart disease. The link between fats (non-saturated) and heart disease has long since been disproven. Read the stickies, if you're looking to exercise and change your body composition you best be eating protein, fat and carbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Cholesterol is a myth?
    I was just about to get mine checked..
    cholesterol doesn't cause heart disease. cholesterol is a symptom that indicates that there's something wrong with your arteries - it's most likely that your lifestyle and diet are causing the damage to them. taking cholesterol lowering drugs only masks the symptom, it doesn't eliminate the cause. it's like going to the doctor with a terrible cough, and doctors says, right, take these tablets and you'll stop coughing, you do, and later you die of pneumonia - the cause of your cough... it might be not the greatest example but it's the way I understand it from what I've read and watched to date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement