Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Wellyd wrote: »
    Just wondering would it be possible for me to get weighed on Mondays like I normally do and then get weighed on Saturday before I go on holidays? I know it makes a short week but still I'd like to be weighed before I go.

No I don't think so as it will still show you will have tried to weigh twice in the one week :( I suppose you could try and weigh yourself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

After months of eating slimming world food as my wife was doing it i think i'm going to join and do it right.

I need to drop about 15 to 20kg and my self control is awful.

I've been very fit in the past but its dropped off in the last 12 months. But even when i was fit enough to run marathons my diet was still awful.

I need to match diet along with my exercise to see real results.

As a bloke, SW is easy. You're already eating the food. Cut out the nonsense and you'll be flying.

My fitness increased incredibly after I joined. I wasn't a marathon runner but I can now play an hour's astro without being gassed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Dodge wrote: »
    As a bloke, SW is easy. You're already eating the food. Cut out the nonsense and you'll be flying.

My fitness increased incredibly after I joined. I wasn't a marathon runner but I can now play an hour's astro without being gassed

First weigh in will be on Monday, i will go to the same place as my wife but not the same class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Another 2lb down this week, and half a pound away from my 2 stone! This week I've had chips, lasagne, chocolate cake and wine, gotta love SW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

1.5lb on this week but I did go over my syns 4 days and one of those days may have involved a large pizza, so worth the gain. Already back on track though so hopefully scales show that next week

• Advertisement

I weighed in tonight and I lost 1lb which I was quite disappointed in as I had really pushed myself but maybe because I did so much exercise, I could have lost inches.

I then thought, isn't it silly how they say exercise is so good for you but doesn't help you on the scales and my initial thought was why bother exercising :mad: It is silly how the numbers on the scale affect us all so much...:(

On the plus side, 1 lb away from having lost 7 stone in total. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

dee_mc wrote: »
    Tinned tomatoes, passata and tomato puree are all speed foods!
    So there ya go: 1 wish, granted!
    I'd be lost with tins of tomatoes and passata. They go in (usually not together) about 3/4 of our staple meals (curry, bolognese etc)

And yes they're speed food

Yay. that is brilliant news! I find it so handy to make up a simple tomato sauce and have it to throw in the fridge to use whenever I need something quick.

Was down 3lbs tonight, delighted, only 3 and half to go until my stone award. Would love to get it next week but no pressure. So happy with how things are going for me and my clothes are getting looser by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Hi

Does anyone know if the weight watchers love fibre wraps and pittas can be used as your hexb?? And also their syn values?

Thanks

Edited to say, the pitta can but still not sure about the wraps. Really want to use it as a pizza base. Found the below!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-healthy-extras/350577-wrap-wraps-any-hexb.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 1.5lbs tonight that I had gained last week so down 18lbs in total on SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

highly1111 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if the weight watchers love fibre wraps and pittas can be used as your hexb?? And also their syn values?

Thanks

Edited to say, the pitta can but still not sure about the wraps. Really want to use it as a pizza base. Found the below!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-healthy-extras/350577-wrap-wraps-any-hexb.html

Weightwatchers petit pain roll (50g), Weightwatchers 50/50 pitta bread (1), Weightwatchers brown Danish bread (2 slices of 400g loaf) are the only WW B choices listed.
    The Love Fibre wraps are 4.5 syns each. The white pittas and the Love Fibre ones are both 5 syns each.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hi

Thanks

Only the ones with the purple wrapper are Healthy B, not the green (unfortunately I've only ever seen the green). The B Free gluten free wraps can be used too, I get them in the health food section of Super Valu

Hi

Thanks

Only the 50/50 WW wraps can be used as a hex B but I've never found them here (and I've looked everywhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

Vahevala wrote: »
    I weighed in tonight and I lost 1lb which I was quite disappointed in as I had really pushed myself but maybe because I did so much exercise, I could have lost inches.

I then thought, isn't it silly how they say exercise is so good for you but doesn't help you on the scales and my initial thought was why bother exercising :mad: It is silly how the numbers on the scale affect us all so much...:(

Well done on the loss you're terrific to have lost so much

well done to everyone on their results this week. My WI is on Monday so will have to see how that goes. Have stuck with it and amazed at how I am not hungry. Keep waiting to be famished and it's not happening. Before this week I was perpetually starving. Amazing. Also I'm really enjoying the food. Haven't cooked this much in years. Today something surprising happened. I had brekkie at 7:30 and brought lunch to work with me. Had a coffee at 11am and then forgot to have lunch. Hard to explain how unlike me that is - I usually have the head in the nose bag permanently! Has anyone else had this experience

Has anyone bought the SW cookbooks? Any that you would recommend?

I can't eat cheese and am afraid most of the recipes will contain cheese :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I use the website to get all the recipes. It's handy with the iPad. I can just stand it on the worktop and use that. But one of the women I sit with swears by the fake away book and the curry book. I don't like curry at all but I've seen some of the fake away recipes online and they look good.

They defo don't. Very few of them in my experience. I don't eat cheese either (rarely!) and there's loads of recipes for me

All the recipes are on the SW website so I'd suggest you take a picture of the contents of a book you like at your group and find the recipes online

The books are relatively cheap though and some are handy to flick through and find new ideas.

BTW down 4 today. At my lightest in about 10 years or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I really hope they didn't tell you that exercise isnt good for you....Exercise will slightly delay the weight loss as it appears in the scales for about a week or so but sustained exercise will greatly accelerate the weight loss in the long run

neacy69 wrote: »
    I really hope they didn't tell you that exercise isnt good for you....Exercise will slightly delay the weight loss as it appears in the scales for about a week or so but sustained exercise will greatly accelerate the weight loss in the long run

No they didn't tell me that but I am afraid after getting cut by the running belt that I was wearing, it has put me off putting it back on and going out running again. I tried so hard, ended up in pain for not much results so this week, I haven't exercised. :( I have lost the enthusiasm for it.

I have never really found that it accelerated the weight loss for me :(

No they didn't tell me that but I am afraid after getting cut by the running belt that I was wearing, it has put me off putting it back on and going out running again. I tried so hard, ended up in pain for not much results so this week, I haven't exercised. :( I have lost the enthusiasm for it.

I have never really found that it accelerated the weight loss for me :(

You can be skinny and very unhealthy. weight loss isn't everything.

• Advertisement

You can be skinny and very unhealthy. weight loss isn't everything.

Well after having my back torn to shreds and killing myself to lose lbs on the scale, I felt it wasn't worth it. I am afraid that the numbers on the scale do mean a lot to me. I know some may not understand it but I am desperate to get closer to target so I really don't want to go like a snail towards it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Whats a running belt? I don't think you need one of them anyway....Just go for a 20 minute walk...then 30 mins.. the 40 mins (10 run 30 walk) then 20 mins run/20 mins walk and build up gradually...The exercise will help sustain a healthier lifestyle and will make you think twice about going over your syns....plus the gains on a bad week will be a lot less with exercise than without....

Hey...i'm not having a go/lecturing ya but don't be put off making a great change to your life just because the scales weren't good to you for one week...

(I'm SW target member- I went from football once a week to exercising gym/running/walking or something almost every day...)

Well after having my back torn to shreds and killing myself to lose lbs on the scale, I felt it wasn't worth it. I am afraid that the numbers on the scale do mean a lot to me. I know some may not understand it but I am desperate to get closer to target so I really don't want to go like a snail towards it.

You're right i don't understand at all to be honest. Sure if the scales are the no 1 just go on hunger strike and you'll be there in no time.

No doubt you're not just doing this for the scales, you want to look better, feel better and an all round better you.

I starting tonight and its not for the scales, its for the reasons above and to me more healthy along with fitting into smaller clothes, that really makes me smile.

I weight the same as i did 12 month ago BUT my body fat has gone up and muscle mass has gone down with the side effect that clothes don;t fit me.

And there's more to fitness than running. Swim, cycle, yoga etc.

You're right i don't understand at all to be honest. Sure if the scales are the no 1 just go on hunger strike and you'll be there in no time.

No doubt you're not just doing this for the scales, you want to look better, feel better and an all round better you.

I starting tonight and its not for the scales, its for the reasons above and to me more healthy along with fitting into smaller clothes, that really makes me smile.

I weight the same as i did 12 month ago BUT my body fat has gone up and muscle mass has gone down with the side effect that clothes don;t fit me.

And there's more to fitness than running. Swim, cycle, yoga etc.

I am doing what I can afford to do, I don't live near a swimming pool, I don't have a bike and I don't have a car to allow me to access certain things so I have limited options available. I guess we are all different, I want to fit into a certain size clothes, I want to be at target so I am a healthy BMI.

The figure on the scales does matter to me because when I was classed as morbidly obese, to see such a low figure on the scales makes me happy.
    neacy69 wrote: »
    Whats a running belt? I don't think you need one of them anyway....Just go for a 20 minute walk...then 30 mins.. the 40 mins (10 run 30 walk) then 20 mins run/20 mins walk and build up gradually...The exercise will help sustain a healthier lifestyle and will make you think twice about going over your syns....plus the gains on a bad week will be a lot less with exercise than without....

Hey...i'm not having a go/lecturing ya but don't be put off making a great change to your life just because the scales weren't good to you for one week...

(I'm SW target member- I went from football once a week to exercising gym/running/walking or something almost every day...)

A running belt is used because I have nowhere to store my keys or my phone so I used one of those. I never go over syns, I haven't eaten a takeaway for over 10 months, I don't drink alcohol, I know I am a bore lol. I followed the C25K plan & graduated from it so I have built it up over time.

I am doing what I can afford to do, I don't live near a swimming pool, I don't have a bike and I don't have a car to allow me to access certain things so I have limited options available. I guess we are all different, I want to fit into a certain size clothes, I want to be at target so I am a healthy BMI.

The figure on the scales does matter to me because when I was classed as morbidly obese, to see such a low figure on the scales makes me happy.

A running belt is used because I have nowhere to store my keys or my phone so I used one of those. I never go over syns, I haven't eaten a takeaway for over 10 months, I don't drink alcohol, I know I am a bore lol. I followed the C25K plan & graduated from it so I have built it up over time.

BMI is the work of the devil !!!! It only takes an average build. According to the BMI scale most professional rugby players are obese.

Well done on the Couch to 25k. I started from nothing as well to reach marathon distance so i know how hard it can be. I also know how good running and exercise is for the mind along with the body. Also remember just because the scale doesn't move doesn't mean you aren't removing fat ans replacing it with muscle which is a major positive.

On the belt issue, i have shorts with a tiny zipped pocket for my key and to avoid carrying water i designed a route that lapped a specific point on my run where i stashed water etc in a bag which avoided carrying it ( which i hate ). And as for the phone, i want to get away from the world not be connected to it.

I've been close to 20 stone at one point so i know how painful running can be when you're carrying weight.

Good luck with your continued work on SW and don't give up the running............in fact i run my own charity events and have a 10k in November. You keep up the running and i'll give you a free entry !!!

BMI is the work of the devil !!!! It only takes an average build. According to the BMI scale most professional rugby players are obese.

Well done on the Couch to 25k. I started from nothing as well to reach marathon distance so i know how hard it can be. I also know how good running and exercise is for the mind along with the body. Also remember just because the scale doesn't move doesn't mean you aren't removing fat ans replacing it with muscle which is a major positive.

On the belt issue, i have shorts with a tiny zipped pocket for my key and to avoid carrying water i designed a route that lapped a specific point on my run where i stashed water etc in a bag which avoided carrying it ( which i hate ). And as for the phone, i want to get away from the world not be connected to it.

I've been close to 20 stone at one point so i know how painful running can be when you're carrying weight.

Good luck with your continued work on SW and don't give up the running............in fact i run my own charity events and have a 10k in November. You keep up the running and i'll give you a free entry !!!

Thanks very much, I bring the phone because I like to listen to music to distract me and to track the distance of how far I am going. I will wait for this back to heal and then reconsider what I am going to do. I did look up the flipbelt but it isn't waterproof & not sure how safe my keys would be... :eek:

It is a minefield! I am going to just keep going with the walking in the meantime. It is frustrating when you go to the Dr asking what weight I should aim for and they always go by the BMI!

I know exercise is good for you but just a little frustrating when you want to lose more but the body is on a slowdown but I guess it will slow down as I have lost close to 7 stone :)

Thanks very much, I bring the phone because I like to listen to music to distract me and to track the distance of how far I am going. I will wait for this back to heal and then reconsider what I am going to do. I did look up the flipbelt but it isn't waterproof & not sure how safe my keys would be... :eek:

It is a minefield! I am going to just keep going with the walking in the meantime. It is frustrating when you go to the Dr asking what weight I should aim for and they always go by the BMI!

I know exercise is good for you but just a little frustrating when you want to lose more but the body is on a slowdown but I guess it will slow down as I have lost close to 7 stone :)

I have 5 stone to be my "ideal" body weight so not too far off ya, just keep plugging away !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can anyone help - I can't login to the online site. I just joined it on Saturday and it was fine for a while but now everytime I try to login it brings me to another site and a big x comes up in the address bar near the http :(

leahyl wrote: »
    Can anyone help - I can't login to the online site. I just joined it on Saturday and it was fine for a while but now everytime I try to login it brings me to another site and a big x comes up in the address bar near the http :(

Try to log in to Slimmingworld.com, that is more reliable than the .ie address and see if that works.

• Advertisement

Congrats must be a great feeling
    They defo don't. Very few of them in my experience. I don't eat cheese either (rarely!) and there's loads of recipes for me

All the recipes are on the SW website so I'd suggest you take a picture of the contents of a book you like at your group and find the recipes online

The books are relatively cheap though and some are handy to flick through and find new ideas.

BTW down 4 today. At my lightest in about 10 years or so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement