Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

British UFO Files Released

Options
  • 24-03-2009 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭

No news here on this yet, but seems to be all over other sites. The MoD in Britain has released some of it's UFO files, containing information on some interesting sightings, as well as mention of the US Project Aurora spy plane. The files can all be downloaded for free for a month:

http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Starting a thread in case anyone wants to discuss any particular cases, plus we're neglecting the UFO mystery here! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cool, I'll have to read this when I get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I actually saw a UFO in sussex engand in 1989 , it was out in the countryside not far from heaththrow airport , it was late at night about 12.30 and i was making pancakes so i went outside for a minute to get some eggs and the next thing the whole place lit up like daylight i thought it was a van coming in so i took a look and there was no van there , so i walked out to see where all the light was coming from and it was coming from an object suspended in thin air with no noise above a tree about ten metres from me and the thing is the light was not blinding because i could clearly see where all the light was coming from and yet it had everywhere illuminated like daylight , so it was some different type of light source than what i would normally be used to , you see normally if you looked directly at say car lights you would be blinded , this was a white light similar to daylight , it staying there for a couple of minutes and then the object gradually vanished into thin air , it was very strange ,
    Does anyone know what type of light source could illuminate an area but not be blinding in any way if you looked towards the light source ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

espinolman wrote: »
    Does anyone know what type of light source could illuminate an area but not be blinding in any way if you looked towards the light source ?

Lighting used at gigs light up an entire area, but aren't blinding. Parcans (stage lights) give off loads of light but you can look at them. Nothing strange there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

panic not Espinolman, it was just a stray Pink Floyd Concert that got stuck in a tree outside your mates house.

happened all the time in the eighties, anyone else remember the 'Great Gig in the Sky' tour

so not Unidentified just an Unusual Flying Object

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Kernel wrote: »
    No news here on this yet, but seems to be all over other sites. The MoD in Britain has released some of it's UFO files, containing information on some interesting sightings, as well as mention of the US Project Aurora spy plane. The files can all be downloaded for free for a month:

http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Starting a thread in case anyone wants to discuss any particular cases, plus we're neglecting the UFO mystery here! :)
    interesting read some of it!!

• Advertisement

panic not Espinolman, it was just a stray Pink Floyd Concert that got stuck in a tree outside your mates house.

happened all the time in the eighties, anyone else remember the 'Great Gig in the Sky' tour

so not Unidentified just an Unusual Flying Object
    It came back to me , i remember now , a few days earlier there was the noise of footsteps but no one was there , the aliens must have been using those invisibility devices they wear around their waists , i reckon they were planting surveilance devices , and the ufo with the light a few nights later was a test to see if everything was working ! By the way it was'nt a mates house .

.......By the Way it was'nt a mates house
    Odd the Lizzzzzard Report quite clearly states that Ooops, never mind,

So invisibility belts eh, got any photos of one in action?

I did'nt have a camera on me at the time i heard the footsteps .

humanji wrote: »
    Cool, I'll have to read this when I get a chance.
    have you had a chance to look over or read yet humanji!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

jonbravo wrote: »
    have you had a chance to look over or read yet humanji!?
    Sadly, only an overview. Too much on my plate right now (so probably shouldn't be messing about on Boards all day :D ).

• Advertisement

Did you know that researchers have engineered a light bending meta-material that can control visible light's direction of travel , bending it around objects to render them invisible ,there is a picture of an invisibility cloak here :
    http://www.nextenergynews.com/news08/next-energy-news8.11.08b.html

Scientists at Rice university have created an invisibility cloak that could hide objects from human sight :
    http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/03/06/invisibility-cloak.html

Here is a short video explaining scientifically how to make visible light pass around an object to make it appear as if the object was not there :

Alien Technology - Invisibility and MetaMaterials
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voZXdqGQpgU

You may not be able to see UFOs in visible light where they can be seen in the infra-red and ultra-violet spectrums:
    http://www.rense.com/general52/deff.htm

I think alien crafts' would be equipped with meta-material cloaking or active invisibility camoflauge .

Here is a video taken in infra-red of UFO fleet flying in formation :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa6fXUEetE

And another video of a UFO fleet taken in infra-red :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpEsPDMFH70

Did you know that researchers have engineered a light bending meta-material that can control visible light's direction of travel , bending it around objects to render them invisible ,there is a picture of an invisibility cloak here :

Scientists at Rice university have created an invisibility cloak that could hide objects from human sight :

Here is a short video explaining scientifically how to make visible light pass around an object to make it appear as if the object was not there :

Alien Technology - Invisibility and MetaMaterials
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voZXdqGQpgU

You may not be able to see UFOs in visible light where they can be seen in the infra-red and ultra-violet spectrums:
    http://www.rense.com/general52/deff.htm

I think alien crafts' would be equipped with meta-material cloaking or active invisibility camoflauge .

Here is a video taken in infra-red of UFO fleet flying in formation :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysa6fXUEetE

And another video of a UFO fleet taken in infra-red :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpEsPDMFH70
    pretty cool stuff..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

the picture is so fake....

"but a new metamaterial created by Rice University scientists could hide objects from human sight. "
    I have highlighted the appropriate word from the opening paragraph...

That photo was from Wired a few years ago. Its not a meta material, but a projector in front of subject and camera behind. All its doing is projecting the image thats behind the person onto their coat. Have you go a real pic?

That photo was from Wired a few years ago. Its not a meta material, but a projector in front of subject and camera behind. All its doing is projecting the image thats behind the person onto their coat.

Ok , maybe the aliens are using some sort of cameras' and projectors' to make it appear as if they are not there ! I have absolutely no doubt that they have some sort of cloaking device , i know what i saw in 1989 .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I actually saw a UFO in sussex engand in 1989 , it was out in the countryside not far from heaththrow airport , it was late at night about 12.30 and i was making pancakes so i went outside for a minute to get some eggs and the next thing the whole place lit up like daylight i thought it was a van coming in so i took a look and there was no van there , so i walked out to see where all the light was coming from and it was coming from an object suspended in thin air with no noise above a tree about ten metres from me and the thing is the light was not blinding because i could clearly see where all the light was coming from and yet it had everywhere illuminated like daylight , so it was some different type of light source than what i would normally be used to , you see normally if you looked directly at say car lights you would be blinded , this was a white light similar to daylight , it staying there for a couple of minutes and then the object gradually vanished into thin air , it was very strange ,

I had a very similar experience in April 2003, spookily similar infact. Same bright light, just appeared out of nowhere while I was outside having a cigarette around 11pm at 24 Rosewood of Johns well road in Kilkenny. Theres an eare next to the house where there were a few garages. It was really bright, no noise and I could look at it.
    Spooky.

kleefarr wrote: »
    I had a very similar experience in April 2003, spookily similar infact. Same bright light, just appeared out of nowhere while I was outside having a cigarette around 11pm at 24 Rosewood of Johns well road in Kilkenny. Theres an eare next to the house where there were a few garages. It was really bright, no noise and I could look at it.
    Spooky.
    Ok, did the light come suddenly , like faster than if you turned on a light ?
    The Ufo i saw in 1989 was , in sussex , in the countryside , there was a tree there , it was floating silently above the tree , it was about say three metres width , one point five depth,it was rapidly swirling , like , its hard to explain , ,it was illuminated , it had the whole place illuminated , i was just inside a storage shed looking for eggs and stuff to cook when suddenly , very abruptly the whole place lit up , it did not vanish by moving off , no it stayed right there and it was it like vanished by collapsing in on itself or something , i havent ever seen anything else quite like that before .

The Ufo i saw in 1989 was , in sussex , in the countryside , there was a tree there , it was floating silently above the tree , it was about say three metres width , one point five depth,it was rapidly swirling , like , its hard to explain , ,it was illuminated , it had the whole place illuminated , i was just inside a storage shed looking for eggs and stuff to cook when suddenly , very abruptly the whole place lit up , it did not vanish by moving off , no it stayed right there and it was it like vanished by collapsing in on itself or something , i havent ever seen anything else quite like that before .

It appeared as a dim light in a split second become very bright. I remember looking at it thinking WTF??? and then it vanished. I too, have not seen anything like it. Will never forget it.

It appeared as a dim light in a split second become very bright. I remember looking at it thinking WTF??? and then it vanished. I too, have not seen anything like it. Will never forget it.
    Ok . Can you recall roughly about what size was it ?
    And , What did it look like , is there anything you can think of that it might be similar to ? just to give me an idea of what you saw looked like .

Ok . Can you recall roughly about what size was it ?
    And , What did it look like , is there anything you can think of that it might be similar to ? just to give me an idea of what you saw looked like .

I looked like a large headlight/small spotlight size. Nothing else apart from what I said before, quick and quiet.

• Advertisement

Your eyes can see faster than the speed of light?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 barbar69

does anyone know in which file the Aurora spy plane is mentioned?

That photo was from Wired a few years ago. Its not a meta material, but a projector in front of subject and camera behind. All its doing is projecting the image thats behind the person onto their coat.

can you support that assertion with something?

I remember reading about the technology in a newspaper around the same time and as I recall it worked very differently to what you describe, there was also a piece on the telly showing it in action. but hey if you know the definitive truth about this then feel free to educate the rest of us, but dont expect that just because you say so is good enough, Same rules have to apply to both sides here

I looked like a large headlight/small spotlight size. Nothing else apart from what I said before, quick and quiet.

The UFO i saw in 1989 that night was very calm , there was'nt so much as a breeze , and there was no noise at all from it , but it was bigger than a headlight , it was a few metres across and while it did not move from the position it was in , there was some sort of spinning action involved .

can you support that assertion with something?

I remember reading about the technology in a newspaper around the same time and as I recall it worked very differently to what you describe, there was also a piece on the telly showing it in action. but hey if you know the definitive truth about this then feel free to educate the rest of us, but dont expect that just because you say so is good enough, Same rules have to apply to both sides here

The photo shown that was used to demonstrate a meta material that can bend light is actually a photo of optical camouflage that was demonstrated by the university of tokyo. Here is their video of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPVQal851U

Wired article on optical camouflage
    http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.08/pwr_invisible.html
    No mention of light being bent, just either a projected surface, or a video panel relaying the info of a camera.

The UFO i saw in 1989 that night was very calm , there was'nt so much as a breeze , and there was no noise at all from it , but it was bigger than a headlight , it was a few metres across and while it did not move from the position it was in , there was some sort of spinning action involved .
    did you report it at the time, if you did others might of seen it!??
    i seen a few things but never reported any.!?

jonbravo wrote: »
    did you report it at the time, if you did others might of seen it!??
    i seen a few things but never reported any.!?

I tried to tell a couple of people at the time , but they were not taking me seriously , so i decided , well to hell with it , no one is going to believe me so I did'nt tell anyone else or report it at the time .
    So you seen some things ,what did you see ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Lads if you want t oshare UFO experiences please use the Paranormal Forum.

6th wrote: »
    Lads if you want t oshare UFO experiences please use the Paranormal Forum.
    That is something i do not understand , what exactly does an Unidentified Flying Object have to do with the paranormal , is what i am discussing here is a theory that there are flying craft that have the technological capability to be invisible in the visible light , could you please explain to me why that should be discussed in the paranormal forum .

Since i posted the above i have went to the paranormal forum , i used the search funtion and typed in UFOs it said 'Sorry - no matches' , so then i typed in Unidentified Flying Objects and it said again ' Sorry - no matches' so obviously this is not being discussed in the paranormal forum .
    I would love to know what you 6th think Unidentified Flying Objects have to do with the paranormal ?

Also i think this whole thread on UFOs would be more suitable for the 'Aircraft and Aviation ' forum , if you think it is not for this forum , now you could theororize that these ufo flying craft are piloted by people from far away , furtther away than anywhere on earth , but again what has that got to do with the paranormal !

Now you wrote 'UFO experiences' are you trying to say we should not discuss UFO observations here ?

Do they discuss weather balloons in the paranormal forum as well !:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

That is something i do not understand , what exactly does an Unidentified Flying Object have to do with the paranormal , is what i am discussing here is a theory that there are flying craft that have the technological capability to be invisible in the visible light , could you please explain to me why that should be discussed in the paranormal forum .

Since i posted the above i have went to the paranormal forum , i used the search funtion and typed in UFOs it said 'Sorry - no matches' , so then i typed in Unidentified Flying Objects and it said again ' Sorry - no matches' so obviously this is not being discussed in the paranormal forum .
    I would love to know what you 6th think Unidentified Flying Objects have to do with the paranormal ?

Also i think this whole thread on UFOs would be more suitable for the 'Aircraft and Aviation ' forum , if you think it is not for this forum , now you could theororize that these ufo flying craft are piloted by people from far away , furtther away than anywhere on earth , but again what has that got to do with the paranormal !

Now you wrote 'UFO experiences' are you trying to say we should not discuss UFO observations here ?

First of all, tone down the aggression.

Second of all it says alot for your ability to research if you couldnt find any UFO threads in the Parhnormal Forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=446
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055498841
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055483162
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055456493
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055482016
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055481038
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055467211
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055442243
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055465168
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055461067
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055460883
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055452524
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055447151
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055451990
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055429639

15 threads from 2009 alone and that took me less than 5 minutes.

The Paranormal is an umbrella term for lots or phenomenon/activity/areas. Ufology is generally accepted as one of those areas.

This thread, in this forum is for the discussion of the files which were release. If people want to talk about lights they saw in the sky then I believe the paranormal forum is the best place for it. The hundreds of posts there on the subject would tend to agree.

Also I was being helpful as there are posters of on that forum with a great deal of experience with UFO reports - one of them runs this site: http://www.ufoi.org/index.htm

If someone has had an experience and would like to know if anything was actually reported at that time or in the area then they should really check with people who know.

Hope I cleared that up. Now lets stay on topic and if you have any further questions please feel free to contact me via PM.

Advertisement