Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corporate Media on the Israel/Palestine Issue

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Fair enough. But what we are looking at is a sustained pattern over a 6 month period from multiple stories. This for me cannot be unintentional.
    Well how do you know it can't be unintentional?
    There could be other explanations like the few I listed.

You jumped to the conclusion that it was intentional because of your own biases.

And so we're clear: Zionist = in on the conspiracy? Even when there's nothing to support it other than some people describe them as Zionist?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Fair enough. But what we are looking at is a sustained pattern over a 6 month period from multiple stories. This for me cannot be unintentional.

People are offering alternative suggestions.
    I have seen nothing to convince me of any other reasons to show such a contrast in the reporting.

You don't know either way, you're assuming.
    And it has nothing to do with Zell being Jewish. His Rabbi calls him a Zionist and I doubt he has a problem with that, which is fine too.

In any case it was a side issue that I just tried to apply some background to.

What I am asking people to admit bias if they see it and then to explore it.

Well I do see bias here. You pointed out one Jewish person on the board of directors of AP (out of 1500 directors) and have claimed a supposed reporting bias is due to him. Now that strikes me as bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

:D:D:D Easy tiger! Just trying to keep a lid on things.
    Did you slam your clenched fist onto your desk as you typed rattling the coffee mug?

Me too...these criminals are good at covering their tracks.

Now we are onto the 2nd page and you have been awfully quiet about the findings of the report from post 4.

I am sure you are not purposely dodging the question...

You made the claim the onus is you to support it :D:rolleyes::D:p:eek::cool::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Getting miffed because someone callls you on you on your bs is just pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

King Mob wrote: »
    Well how do you know it can't be unintentional?
    There could be other explanations like the few I listed.

Of course I don't know. However I would feel it is highly probable based on the results of the report.
    You jumped to the conclusion that it was intentional because of your own biases.

Doing some conclusion jumping of your own. But its your opinion and I accept it. However, it would be more progressive to debate the report, which by this logic is biased also.
    And so we're clear: Zionist = in on the conspiracy? Even when there's nothing to support it other than some people describe them as Zionist?

And to be even more clear: "Zell himself is a major donor to causes in the Middle East. (Israel) His donations include a $3.1 million donation to the Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center in Israel and separate donations to the Israel Center for Social and Economic Progress, a right-wing Israeli (Likudnik)think tank."

Is it so beyond belief that a "generous supporter of Israel" would have partizan feelings in a Palestinian-Israeli conflict?

Of course I don't know. However I would feel it is highly probable based on the results of the report.
    And you only feel it is highly probably because you're predisposed to see a conspiracy not because of the evidence.

Doing some conclusion jumping of your own. But its your opinion and I accept it. However, it would be more progressive to debate the report, which by this logic is biased also.
    I believe they have jumped to a hasty conclusion as well.
    The report is based on the headlines and first paragraphs only.
    It has no information about when these deaths actually came to light vs when the articles were published.
    Also determines that a disproportion in the reports of deaths is an indicator of bias, however this does not account for other factors such as distribution of journalists due to danger or restrictions on travel.

And to be even more clear: "Zell himself is a major donor to causes in the Middle East. (Israel) His donations include a $3.1 million donation to the Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center in Israel and separate donations to the Israel Center for Social and Economic Progress, a right-wing Israeli (Likudnik)think tank."

Is it so beyond belief that a "generous supporter of Israel" would have partizan feelings in a Palestinian-Israeli conflict?
    First off are you going to back this up?
    Second it has been pointed out to you that Zell is one of 1500 directors.
    Third what basis do you have to believe that he is using his position to alter facts reported by AP?
    Or are you just assuming he does?

• Advertisement

[quote= http://www.ap.org/pages/about/faq.html#2]
    The Associated Press is a not-for-profit cooperative, which means it is owned by its 1,500 U.S. daily newspaper members. They elect a board of directors that directs the cooperative.[/quote]

There are 20 members on the board of directors. Sam Zell being one.

SKG can you not see how using the fact that 1 Jew [Zionist?!] is on the board or Associated Press to prove bias shows serious bias on your part?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I'll ask this again

How many of the people 'debating' here have actually watched the docco?

there are other issues I'd like to raise too but I'll start a seperate thread for those

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

this puts things in perspectiv regards Land grabs.

two_state_solution_map.jpg

course its only fair, the population of Israel is expanding, they need Lebensraum 'Livingspace'. and its only right and proper that it be exclusivley for pure jewish families init

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Why am I getting security alerts regarding an unsigned certificate from www.sott.net when viewing/posting on this thread? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Diogenes wrote: »
    If thats exactly what the documentary (stop called it a docco FFS) says, it's a misrepresentation.

I notice you've neither bothered to deny your racist outburst or apologise for it.

Please quit with the aggression. This is a discussion forum were people are expected to act civilized.

Also if you believe a post to be racist then report it. Calling up a poster on it and demanding explainations or apologies is not on.

• Advertisement

meglome wrote: »
    People are offering alternative suggestions.

None however quite cut it for me.

You don't know either way, you're assuming.

None of us do...Assuming based on evidence.

Well I do see bias here. You pointed out one Jewish person on the board of directors of AP (out of 1500 directors) and have claimed a supposed reporting bias is due to him. Now that strikes me as bias.

In the interests of fairness if you are going to assume bias on my part your facts need to be more accurate.

1. I never mentioned his religion, someone else did.
    2. From memory there are 22 directors not 1500. There are something like 1400 regular members (mostly USA dailies) who vote for the directors. Maybe this is what you and King Mob are mixing up.
    3. And most importantly
    I never made such a claim!

In the interests of fairness if you are going to assume bias on my part your facts need to be more accurate.

2. From memory there are 22 directors not 1500. There are something like 1400 regular members (mostly USA dailies) who vote for the directors. Maybe this is what you and King Mob are mixing up.
    3. And most importantly
    And how many of those other directors are puppets of the Rothchilds?

You claimed that Sam Zell was a puppet. Are you now saying that the supposed bias by AP is not because of him?

3. And most importantly

In the interests of fairness...
    Worth bearing in mind that that AP are Rothschild. And almost all media outlets worldwide use AP as a source.

Quote:
    With the control of the money came the control of the news media. Kent Cooper, head of the Associated Press, writes in his autobiography, Barriers Down, "International bankers under the House of Rothschild acquired an interest in the three leading European agencies."51 Thus the Rothschilds bought control of Reuters International News Agency, based in London, Havas of France, and Wolf in Germany, which controlled the dissemination of all news in Europe. http://www.rense.com/general70/roth.htm
    What you've given me is a list of frontmen with one noticeable omission a Mr Sam Zell, a Rothschild puppet.

Quote:
    Zell himself is a major donor to causes in the Middle East. His donations include a $3.1 million donation to the Herzliya Interdisciplinary Center in Israel and separate donations to the Israel Center for Social and Economic Progress, a right-wing Israeli think tank. In the United States, he has given major gifts to such Jewish causes as the American Jewish Committee and a Chicago Jewish day school named after his father. All this is on top of his political donations, which have gone mostly to Republican candidates.
    Siegel, the rabbi at Zell’s synagogue, said that Zell is a “committed Zionist” and a “generous supporter of Israel,” along with “a member in good standing” of the synagogue who “comes on the holidays often.”
    http://www.forward.com/articles/10507/
    Zell sold his Equity Office Properties to Rothschild Blackstone for 39Billion US in 2006.
    AP Board of Directors

Sam Zell
    Chairman and chief executive officer
    Tribune Company
    Chicago, IL
    http://www.ap.org/pages/about/board.html

Come on. I never brought his religion into it.

Zionism itself is anti-Judaic >(IMO) as the politics are put over and above the religion.
    This short video may help explain it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dSHl3C9kgY&feature=PlayList&p=E66E6FAAC4A1E742&index=6

The strange thing is every time a Jewish person is mentioned in here they are also always a Zionist, every single time. So from my reading of it Zionist=Jew, Jew=Zionist.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [url
    http://www.ap.org/pages/about/faq.html#2][/url]
    The Associated Press is a not-for-profit cooperative, which means it is owned by its 1,500 U.S. daily newspaper members. They elect a board of directors that directs the cooperative.

There are 20 members on the board of directors. Sam Zell being one.

SKG can you not see how using the fact that 1 Jew [Zionist?!] is on the board or Associated Press to prove bias shows serious bias on your part?

I corrected my point about the directors not that it really changes anything.

And how many of those other directors are puppets of the Rothchilds?

You claimed that Sam Zell was a puppet. Are you now saying that the supposed bias by AP is not because of him?

If you could reread the posts. Zell was an example, the first one I looked into. I don't have the time to look into 22.

The apparent bias is not attributed to him solely, he was an example, and a useful one at that.

by the way I just answered your other post, never posted though.

If you could reread the posts. Zell was an example, the first one I looked into. I don't have the time to look into 22.

The apparent bias is not attributed to him solely, he was an example, and a useful one at that.

by the way I just answered your other post, never posted though.

So what evidence do you have that Zell is in the pocket of the Rothchilds?
    How do you know the rest of the AP board of directors are the same?
    What leads you to believe that the Board have control of every single piece of news?
    And most importantly can you provide any example of AP changing the facts of a story under Rothschild orders?

In the interests of fairness...
    I corrected my point about the directors not that it really changes anything.

forget about that but could you please expand on the rest?

or even highlight where I made the claim? or brought religion into it?

forget about that but could you please expand on the rest?

or even highlight where I made the claim? or brought religion into it?

Tell you what show me when any Jewish person mentioned in here wasn't a Zionist? Many of them mentioned by you.

Tell you what show me when any Jewish person mentioned in here wasn't a Zionist? Many of them mentioned by you.

Neturei Karta - As mentioned by me
    http://www.nkusa.org/

Here is a thread started by me on Madoff, a Jew with no mention of Zionism, or his religion.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055446805&highlight=madoff

Neturei Karta - As mentioned by me
    http://www.nkusa.org/

Here is a thread started by me on Madoff, a Jew with no mention of Zionism, or his religion.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055446805&highlight=madoff

So we've got on organisation who I've never seen you mention nor can I find where you did. An organisation which calls for a dismantling of the State of Israel, in the belief that Jews are forbidden to have their own state until the coming of the Messiah. :(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neturei_Karta. And secondly a person you mention on a thread that wasn't discussed as pretty much no one was interested in it.

SKG I don't know you but I have to say you really do strike me as someone who has a bias against so called Zionists. And that almost every Jew is a Zionist so therefore...

How many of the CT's you've posted were so called Zionists[Jews?!?!?] involved in? 10%, 20, 30? If I had to guess I'd suggest more like 80 or 90%. Now given how small a percentage of the worlds population is even Jewish this number of CT's is abnormally high. Why do you think that is?

Again think the ore important question how do you know that Sam Zell is in the pocket of the Rothschilds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

mod hat on

I am never shy to point out when people are making convenient generalisations to justify their argument. I challenged MC recently because he was using logic of "B always comes from A" to suggest "A must turn into B". I see the same here. There are a number of posters who are referring to Zionists. They are not the ones making the claim that "Zionist == Jew". That seems to be the territory of those who want to knock them, and to be honest its bang out of line...particularly since some of those posters have explicitly clarified in the past that they mean no such generalisation.

Indeed...if the only Jews mentioned here are Zionists (as has just been claimed), then claiming that such a generalisation lies behind it must be entirely without evidence...which is ironic considering which "side" it seems to be coming from.

Now lets put this to rest. If anyone here has an issue with a post because they believe its discriminatory against Jews (I still refuse to call that racism for reasons I've clarified in the past), then report it and do not bring the topic up in-thread...same as you should do for anything you believe is in breach of the charter.

If you think the charter is at fault, allowing this type of stuff, then there's proper channels for discussing amendments there as well.

If you're not happy with the way the mods handle your complaints, then there's well-established avenues for complaining about us.

The free-for-all is over. One way or another, the attacking of posters will stop.

bonkey wrote: »
    mod hat on

I am never shy to point out when people are making convenient generalisations to justify their argument. I challenged MC recently because he was using logic of "B always comes from A" to suggest "A must turn into B". I see the same here. There are a number of posters who are referring to Zionists. They are not the ones making the claim that "Zionist == Jew". That seems to be the territory of those who want to knock them, and to be honest its bang out of line...particularly since some of those posters have explicitly clarified in the past that they mean no such generalisation.

Indeed...if the only Jews mentioned here are Zionists (as has just been claimed), then claiming that such a generalisation lies behind it must be entirely without evidence...which is ironic considering which "side" it seems to be coming from.

Now lets put this to rest. If anyone here has an issue with a post because they believe its discriminatory against Jews (I still refuse to call that racism for reasons I've clarified in the past), then report it and do not bring the topic up in-thread...same as you should do for anything you believe is in breach of the charter.

If you think the charter is at fault, allowing this type of stuff, then there's proper channels for discussing amendments there as well.

If you're not happy with the way the mods handle your complaints, then there's well-established avenues for complaining about us.

The free-for-all is over. One way or another, the attacking of posters will stop.

I'm not going to argue about this as it is in the interests of the forum so fair enough.

And you do make a very logical point as always. I've never personally come across a purported Zionist that wasn't also a Jew, although I'm sure there must be some. If a Jewish person is within a hundred metres of a CT then they are labelled a Zionist and are involved by default. So can I ask one question of everyone, why do you all think given that Jews make up such a tiny percentage of the worlds population (I estimate about 0.019%) how can they be actually involved in so many conspiracies?

It just seems very very unlikely. All I can think of is bias but maybe there's other reasons, I dunno. How do we explain all these 'Zionists' at the heart of the conspiracies?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I'm not going to argue about this as it is in the interests of the forum so fair enough.

...he says, before going on to argue about this.
    So can I ask one question of everyone,why do you all think given that Jews make up such a tiny percentage of the worlds population (I estimate about 0.019%) how can they be actually involved in so many conspiracies?
    No, you can't....at least, not in this thread.

You've just effectively undermined any chance it had of getting back to the topic it was supposed to be about, and I've made it more than clear that we are not having generic "everything about the Jews" threads here...which seems to be exactly what your question is targetted at.
    How do we explain all these 'Zionists' at the heart of the conspiracies?
    Same way we explain all these NWO at the heart of conspiracies, or the Illumanati, or any of the other myriad of "secret powers" that are allegely behind everything.

But wait...we don't have an explanation for these other groups either...but somehow we also don't have the complaint that this makes it unreasonable to discuss them time after time after time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement