Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First Time Mum Holiday in France advice please

• 14-05-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi there,

Myself and my husband new baby are thinking of going to France by Ferry in 6/8 weeks. Im totally clueless about France but would love sunshine and have heard great reports on it. My question is does anyone have a nice coastal route they could recommend? should we come into cherbourg or Roscoff?

Any help greatly appreciated as Im mad to book with weather like this!

I just dont think Id be able for a flight with all the stuff that comes with a new baby.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Baybay

You say your expected travel time is in 6/8 weeks. If that means you haven't booked your ferry crossing yet then may I suggest you look into that first before considering too much else.
    Have a look too at accommodation as the location of that coupled with how far you think you'd like to travel with your baby may help you choose between Roscoff & Cherbourg.

Ferries can book up quite early so perhaps deals or cabin availability might not be what you'd hope.

There is a thread below on Brittany so that might help you decide where is right for your family to holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

nellie07 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Myself and my husband new baby are thinking of going to France by Ferry in 6/8 weeks. Im totally clueless about France but would love sunshine and have heard great reports on it. My question is does anyone have a nice coastal route they could recommend? should we come into cherbourg or Roscoff?

Any help greatly appreciated as Im mad to book with weather like this!

I just dont think Id be able for a flight with all the stuff that comes with a new baby.:rolleyes:

I used to work with an Irish camping company a few years ago.

Most of the guests come in through Roscoff and drive down the country. But as most of their locations are in the Vendee and Charente Maritime area ( halfway down the west coast) The car journeys can take approx 5 hrs! If you were travelling this south, I would not be advising to take a coastal road as you'd be travelling forever. Take the direct route south on the motorway making sure you take breaks!

I'd based in Royan near Bordeaux and we'd be waiting all evening for families to arrive! (which was good for us coz time pressure was not as much as our colleagues working in Brittany) No messing but alot of the families were uptight by the time they reached us after the journey. Other families would be just delighted they reached us. Some families got lost and end up travelling for up to ten hours (rare but it happens)

As you will have a baby, I would recommend you holiday in the Brittany area. Benodet and Carnac are towns that Campotel (and other companies such as Keycamp and Eurocamp) have resorts! You can take a nice scenic route from Roscoff towards Benodet and Carnac. If you stop off at Concarneau, it's a nice historical town!

Advertisement