Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IEC 2014 Stage 2 Thread - All Stage 2 questions here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 duffman44

cahill1st wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Quick question re Garda certs, we got our certs done in nov 2013 not thinking the iec would take so long. These are now 5 months old, do we need to get fresh ones or will these suffice? It's says nothing on cic about how recent they should be. We have not committed any crimes since nov btw so we can get new ones its just a bit of a pain!
    You need new ones you will get refused straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mushacles

Hi Folks, another quick question regarding the family information form. With regards to my partner, I presume I indicate "No" for the "will accompany you to canada?" question? He's applying as well but I'm presuming, seeming as they've stated in the past that partners need to apply for their own visas, that we should indicate that we are not accompanying each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Foley48

duffman44 wrote: »
    You need new ones you will get refused straight away

Refused to the point where they will just ask for newer ones or to the point where your visa is rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 finn001

hey, so IEC send me notice of receipt of payment and Required Documents to my kompass account, when do i set up MyCIC Account??

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

finn001 wrote: »
    hey, so IEC send me notice of receipt of payment and Required Documents to my kompass account, when do i set up MyCIC Account??

can set it up now . then wait till you get your cal to submit .

• Advertisement

Still waiting on CAL but just wondering for those who are in/have done stage 2; If you have multiple polices certs do they have to be in the same PDF or can they be uploaded separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Hi all!
    Quick question re Garda certs, we got our certs done in nov 2013 not thinking the iec would take so long. These are now 5 months old, do we need to get fresh ones or will these suffice? It's says nothing on cic about how recent they should be. We have not committed any crimes since nov btw so we can get new ones its just a bit of a pain!

last year i got my garda cert at the beginning of February but didn't actually end up applying for stage 2 until July. I thought about getting a new one but I decided to just chance it with the old one and there was no issues with it! Now I honestly dont know if I was just lucky, or maybe they're not that strict with them, OR they just have to be in date for when the program opens (not for when you hit submit on stage 2). But I just thought I'd let you know that I was ok with 5 month old ones. TBH if my heart was absolutely set on Canada I'm not sure I'd leave it up to chance, I'd probably just get new ones to be totally sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 emsyblue

Hi all,
    I have a question regarding my Garda cert! It has my name and middle name on it because this is what appears on my birth cert, but all my forms to date have just my first name because this is what's on my passport! Does anyone know if my Garda cert will be refused?

Foley48 wrote: »
    Still waiting on CAL but just wondering for those who are in/have done stage 2; If you have multiple polices certs do they have to be in the same PDF or can they be uploaded separately?

I didn't have to but you put all the certs in 1 Odf file cause there's only one upload space for police cert uploads

I didn't have to but you put all the certs in 1 Odf file cause there's only one upload space for police cert uploads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 cahill1st

Guys,
    Anyone travelling as a couple i.e Boyfriend & Girlfriend (not Husband & Wife)?
    Just wondering in the CIC questionaire when they ask "are you travelling with another person", what did u answer to this?

Also did you choose "Comon Law Partners" or "Single" in the Marital Status?

We have lived together for 3 years but we left this rented accom off our police certs and just put our family homes on it.
    Should we continue to follow the "Single" status or what?

Guys,
    Anyone travelling as a couple i.e Boyfriend & Girlfriend (not Husband & Wife)?
    Just wondering in the CIC questionaire when they ask "are you travelling with another person", what did u answer to this?

Also did you choose "Comon Law Partners" or "Single" in the Marital Status?

We have lived together for 3 years but we left this rented accom off our police certs and just put our family homes on it.
    Should we continue to follow the "Single" status or what?

I'm traveling with the girlfriend.

Unless you are married/have a civil partnership or have dependants you are not traveling with anyone and are single.

Traveling with another person would be "no" unless your married or have dependants surely?

Single unless you have a Comon law partner or are married.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cahill1st

@ foley48
    Ok thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pad92

Hi everyone,

I have a question in relation to the IMM1295E form in the employment section. I have been unemployed since September 2013 and I have been doing a part-time course since, which I completed last week. My question is on the form where the From and To dates are should I fill in when I became unemployed which was last September in the From date and should I leave the To date blank. Also should I put in my location in city/town.

Any info will be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

For anyone that's onto stage 2, for the employment details part of the form if you don't have enough room are you adding the extra document to the 'Letter of Explanation' part??

Also should do I need to explain the gaps in my employment??

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    For anyone that's onto stage 2, for the employment details part of the form if you don't have enough room are you adding the extra document to the 'Letter of Explanation' part??

Also should do I need to explain the gaps in my employment??

Yeah add it in the extra in thehe letters of explanation part. There's no need to explain the gaps

• Registered Users Posts: 31 scubie steve

How long do you have to complete stage 2 I keep seeing either 90 days or 6 months! Big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

I think you have 60 days from when you start your CIC application

• Registered Users Posts: 2 harbourman

Hi All! What insurance company is offering the best policy that meets all of the requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭sjapok

I think you have 60 days from when you start your CIC application

You have 90 days. This date is stated on your CAL.

However if you start the CIC application then I think you only have 60 days from that date.

If you are planning to wait until 2 or 3 months is up to submit it then I would not open your CIC account for at least 1 month after you have your CAL.

• Advertisement

Guys I have a question which has already been asked here but has not been answered.

My wife is a psychiatric nurse. On her "questionnaire" that you fill out just before you open the CIC account it asks if you would like to work in healthcare etc.

If you click yes to this then it says that you need a medical.

My question is if she clicks no then is she forbidden from working in the health industry in Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Clazicolleen

hey guys, to anyone that has now received their CAL, i cannot get mines uploaded on the cic account? anyone else having these problem? it states that the pdf is protected yet i cannot upload a screen shot. i think you have to sign the page but no idea where or how?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

sjapok wrote: »
    Guys I have a question which has already been asked here but has not been answered.

My wife is a psychiatric nurse. On her "questionnaire" that you fill out just before you open the CIC account it asks if you would like to work in healthcare etc.

My question is if she clicks no then is she forbidden from working in the health industry in Canada?

She'll need a medical if she wants to work in that field. I got asked again when I landed in Canada if I had a medical and when I said no they list all the industries I couldn't work in. I'm pretty sure (don't have my passport on me to double check) that they print it on your work permit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Flutterby33

sjapok wrote: »

Is it a big deal for her to get a medical here? If it's not then I'd suggest she get one and that way it keeps all of options open, work-wise

bopper wrote: »
    She'll need a medical if she wants to work in that field. I got asked again when I landed in Canada if I had a medical and when I said no they list all the industries I couldn't work in. I'm pretty sure (don't have my passport on me to double check) that they print it on your work permit also.

Thanks for the advice both of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SonRus

in relation to the IMM1295E form: In the employment history section for your current occupation with regards to a job I am currently in, what date do you put down for the "to" section? Do I leave it blank or write todays date??
    Its all so nerve racking !

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

I just left it blank in my one.

Think it is self-explanatory when it is blank that you are still there for them. At least I hope it is!

SonRus wrote: »
    in relation to the IMM1295E form: In the employment history section for your current occupation with regards to a job I am currently in, what date do you put down for the "to" section? Do I leave it blank or write todays date??
    Its all so nerve racking !

In the video link shown at the start of this thread it says to put the date that you expect to finish that job. For example I know I'm finishing my job on June 30th so I'm going to put that date in. I'd be pretty darn sure leaving it blank would suffice too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

Phoenix how long were you waiting for your garda cert? i applied for mine on tuesday. i wrote a note explaining i needed it asap.

Advertisement