Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Immigration Advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 davy wavy

hi thanks for all your great advice so far you really seem to be helping every one out.
    just one question for u. whats the best way to pay the high commission in london for my fist year working permit. just i have heard of a few cases where they have said the money was never recieved
    thanks so much for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Danteryu

rjessome wrote: »
    Yes, applying and having the applications RECEIVED in Vegreville before expiry of the IEC would allow you to continue working. This is actually a grey area in the Regulations that CIC has not cracked down on yet. IEC is non-extendable. Even the 2nd year application is not technically an extension. It's a new IEC. However, CIC has been allowing (for several years) applicants in this situation to continue working assuming they've submitted and paid for both applications prior to expiry of their permit. If they ever decide to specifically indentify and rule on this (or post-graduate work permits which are also non-extendable) then it will create havoc. But for now, this has been the practice of CIC.

Okay, thank you!
    What is needed for this particular open work permit? Is there a section for it on CIC's site? I assume I'd need a police cert and everything along those lines.
    Can you confirm whether or not I can just keep working at my current job without having to involve my employer in any way, if I have both of these applications in before my IEC expires? I just really want to be sure that I'm allowed to do this before I actually commit to it.
    If I can, then I'd certainly go with the inland route, as it wouldn't matter if it took longer if I was allowed to stay here and work. Would you say this is the best course of action for me, or is it risky because of the whole "no right of appeal" thing?

Really sorry for all the questions, I just need to be certain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hubba365

Thanks for all your help Roxanne

• Registered Users Posts: 4 the pioneer

Thanks very much for the help Roxanne.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

may be off topic slightly,didnt read most of the thread :/ but does anyone have an idea on the availability of jobs in Canada in the business sector? like if you have a degree how strong are your claims to getting a job soon after you get there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭rjessome

Helix wrote: »
    cheers roxanne, just one final question for you. you mentioned that it's 24 months and 3900 hours in a skilled position - im senior management for a publishing company with a high level of expert knowledge on the industry we focus on... does that fall under skilled? also, last time i got an intra-company transfer the guy at immigration told me that next year i could just get a letter for 2-3 years, instead of the 1, was he right on that or is there a limit of a single year? because if i could get 2/3 on the next one it'd give me all the time in the world to get everything else sorted in the mean time

cheers!

If your company will provide you with a letter requiring the continuation of your employment for 2 years that should give you enough time to complete the CEC application. And Yes, senior managers typically fall within the right National Occupation Classification for a CEC application. It's more complicated than I can truly get into on an internet forum because a lot more detail is required to properly assess and "fit" you into the proper category. If you want to hire someone to assist you, you can send me a private message. Or you can do the research yourself on the CIC website and hopefully understand their instructions!

Roxanne

davy wavy wrote: »
    hi thanks for all your great advice so far you really seem to be helping every one out.
    just one question for u. whats the best way to pay the high commission in london for my fist year working permit. just i have heard of a few cases where they have said the money was never recieved
    thanks so much for the help

I'm assuming it's the IEC permit you are asking about and the only way to pay is in accordance with the instructions they give you. They are specific with IEC so there really isn't a choice. Save any and all receipts. Good luck.

Roxanne

Danteryu wrote: »
    Okay, thank you!
    What is needed for this particular open work permit? Is there a section for it on CIC's site? I assume I'd need a police cert and everything along those lines.
    Can you confirm whether or not I can just keep working at my current job without having to involve my employer in any way, if I have both of these applications in before my IEC expires? I just really want to be sure that I'm allowed to do this before I actually commit to it.
    If I can, then I'd certainly go with the inland route, as it wouldn't matter if it took longer if I was allowed to stay here and work. Would you say this is the best course of action for me, or is it risky because of the whole "no right of appeal" thing?

Really sorry for all the questions, I just need to be certain!

Asking for certainty in Immigration to Canada is like asking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Sorry but there is no 100% guarantee of anything immigration related. And please remember that we are on a public internet forum and I DON'T know all of the details of your relationship with your partner. So for you and everyone who reads these forums, know that it is GENERAL advice that I am giving because immigration is VERY dependent on the individual merits/circumstances of each person's situation.

No, I don't believe there is a link to this on the CIC website. It is actually in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) and combines Sections 1(1), 124, 181(1), 183(5)(6), 200, and 207(b). It's complicated AND you must ensure that BOTH applications are submitted together (and fees paid for sponsorship, PR and OWP). Just know that you can do it and you don't have to get your employer involved. However, there are other "catches" to this. For example, DO NOT leave Canada until you have received first stage approval and receive the Open Work Permit. You will LOSE your implied status and be unable to continue working when you return.

Sponsoring a spouse or CL partner is by FAR a bigger commitment for the sponsor. They are entering a legal obligation by signing the Undertaking to Sponsor that they will be willing to provide for your basic needs (food, shelter, etc.) for 3 years after you become a PR of Canada if approved. What that means is that if you broke up after becoming a PR and you collected social assistance, your sponsor would have to pay whatever money you collected in social assistance BACK to the government.

If you have ANY doubts about the permanence of your relationship DO NOT do this kind of application. The effects would be devastating to both of you and there is a power imbalance built into it. And remember what I previously posted about spousal sponsorships. This is a SUBJECTIVE type of application where you must PROVE the genuineness of your relationship to the satisfaction of someone who does not know you. Don't take it lightly or feel as if you are guaranteed to be approved. This is a big commitment for your partner and you will both have a long wait ahead of you. Now if you are both 100% sure about the relationship, none of this will bother you and it will all work out just fine. But "love" and "the law" are a difficult mix at best so be sure you are strong.

I'm sorry to sound preachy but let me tell you about how my day went yesterday. I woke up to an email from CIC telling me that one of my CL sponsorship applications was approved and requesting the passport to issue the PR visa. FAST processing and no interview. Good start to the day! But then I had to get ready to take a sponsor to an Immigration Appeal Division hearing for a sponsorship refusal. She had prepared her application to sponsor her husband by herself and did a HORRIBLE job and her spouse was refused. She was trying to save money but now she has to pay me MORE to conduct an appeal and she is separated from her husband by at least another year. Then in the afternoon I met with a couple who, again, trying to save money, did an In Canada class sponsorship and were refused and the spouse has been told to leave Canada. It's heartwrenching having to watch the devastation of these people. And it's so difficult to try to correct their mistakes after the fact. So don't take this stuff lightly, EVER. All I could think about at the end of the day was how lucky my first couple was that they will never know what these other couples are facing and how smart they were to take it SERIOUSLY from the start, rather than trying to save a few bucks. I've never (knock wood) had a refusal on a spousal/CL sponsorship application and my clients walk away thinking "That was easy." And that's how I want them to feel because my TRUE job is to do everything I can to prevent them from seeing the other side of this.

Ok, off my soap box for a lovely Saturday!

Roxanne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CiaraCupcake

Hello there, seen as though you opened this forum I thought instead of making my own, I could ask you here, because you seem to have alot of information.
    I was wondering, If I am eligable to get a Federal Skilled working visa, but my only Fault is I do not have a PhD or anything like that.
    I left school at 16, but I am a qualified receptionist due to courses I have taken.
    The only work experience I have is working with FÁS to get my receptionist degree which I got a distinction in.
    Is there any chance I could get a Feredal Skilled working visa, and if not, what would be the best visa option for me, as I am really looking into immigrating to Canada, I am 18 years old and I could manage to do anything I put my mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Hello there, seen as though you opened this forum I thought instead of making my own, I could ask you here, because you seem to have alot of information.
    I was wondering, If I am eligable to get a Federal Skilled working visa, but my only Fault is I do not have a PhD or anything like that.
    I left school at 16, but I am a qualified receptionist due to courses I have taken.
    The only work experience I have is working with FÁS to get my receptionist degree which I got a distinction in.
    Is there any chance I could get a Feredal Skilled working visa, and if not, what would be the best visa option for me, as I am really looking into immigrating to Canada, I am 18 years old and I could manage to do anything I put my mind too.

why not try the IEC 1 year working holiday visa, very easy to get.

• Advertisement

TechnoPool wrote: »
    why not try the IEC 1 year working holiday visa, very easy to get.

Can you gain perminent residency from this? Also do you need a pre-arranged job aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

The IEC program is for a 1 year Working Premit! You do not need a Visa to enter Canada!

If you have a job pre arranged you can get an LMO which is a work permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dealdish

HI EVERYONE.WE ARE AN IRISH FAMILY.ME ,MY PARTNER(UNMARRIED) AND OUR 4 KIDS.WE HAVE JUST BEEN OFFERED A JOB IN ESTEVAN SASKATCHEWAN. EMPLOYER SAYS IT WILL ONLY TAKE 12 WEEKS AT MOST TO SORT .WE ARE BOTH IRISH.IM SO CONFUSED WITH LMO AND PERMITS.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVICE US ON WHAT STEPS ARE.I WILL KNOW MORE DURING WEEK FROM EMPLOYER ON WHAT WAY HE IS DOING THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Yikes, easy on the caps. You have a lot of information to gather. I suggest you start with http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp and find what specific questions or queries you need answered.

Okay so I'm reading the CIC website and it says that you can apply for a work permit inside Canada if you are a temporary Resident Permit. Do you actually need anything for this or is it just living in Canada for 6 months. Like do I have to have already been one or what?
    This is was the CIC website says "you have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more or" Does that mean, if you are staying there for a long period of time then I can apply for one, or can I apply straight away when I get there or what?
    I'm a little bit confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 imagine_08

Hi there

I applaud your contribution on this thread and time to give information out people.
    I would greatly appreciate some advice in relation to moving to Canada permanently.

Firstly about myself. I'm 30 years of age from Ireland. I have not been in Ireland for over 3 years. I have been in south America (1year) new Zealand (1 year) and now Australia for just over 1 year. My partner is 25 and from Colombia. I work in insurance and she is an economist.

I am wondering what is the best way to apply to emigrate to canada. I have family (aunts and uncles) in Canada that have lived there over 30 years.

Is it possible for me to apply to emigrate to Canada from Australia with my partner?
    If so can I apply for this and also apply for working holiday whilst I await any decision.

Any advise in relation to my best options would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rojorolo

First thank you so much for offering this oppurtunity for some advice, this is such a daunting process.
    I have applied for the IEC visa. I am an Irish citizen born in Dublin. I moved to Belfast 7 years ago and have moved between Dublin and Belfast ever since. I applied to the IEC through the Irish system as apparently Northern Irish citizens who hold an Irish passport can do that, and I figured as an Irish citizen this would be my only option.

Elsewhere on boards I have seen someone has been refused their visa due to the rule you must be resident in Ireland 3 years prior to the application. I am now petrified this will happen to me also. Is there no way around this? After all I cannot apply through the British system as I am uneligible for a British passport. Should I have lied on my application?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Okay so I'm reading the CIC website and it says that you can apply for a work permit inside Canada if you are a temporary Resident Permit. Do you actually need anything for this or is it just living in Canada for 6 months. Like do I have to have already been one or what?
    This is was the CIC website says "you have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more or" Does that mean, if you are staying there for a long period of time then I can apply for one, or can I apply straight away when I get there or what?

You just need to get the IEC working holiday visa. This will cover you for your first year in Canada and you can work for whoever you want. While in Canada you can apply for the second year IEC visa (you are only allowed 2 of them in total).

If after that point you intend staying in Canada you can then look at having your company do an LMO for you which allows you to get a work permit to stay in Canada working for that company only. If I remember correctly you can have a maximum of 4 years of this type of visa. But in the meantime you could have gained your Permanent Residency so would have no need to be tied to your employer or to have to deal with re-applying for Work Permits.

basically there is no need to look at the permanent visa's when you are eligible for 2 working holiday visas. Take the simple option and get over to Canada and then see if you want the hassle / expense of getting a permanent visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

dealdish wrote: »
    HI EVERYONE.WE ARE AN IRISH FAMILY.ME ,MY PARTNER(UNMARRIED) AND OUR 4 KIDS.WE HAVE JUST BEEN OFFERED A JOB IN ESTEVAN SASKATCHEWAN. EMPLOYER SAYS IT WILL ONLY TAKE 12 WEEKS AT MOST TO SORT .WE ARE BOTH IRISH.IM SO CONFUSED WITH LMO AND PERMITS.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVICE US ON WHAT STEPS ARE.I WILL KNOW MORE DURING WEEK FROM EMPLOYER ON WHAT WAY HE IS DOING THIS

Just sit tight until you hear back from the employer. They have to process an LMO which is just a survey really to say that there is not a suitable Canadian that wants the job he is offering you. It is the employer who does the LMO, not you.

Once the LMO is in his possession, you or your employer on your behalf can apply for a Temporary Work Permit which will allow you to work for 12-24months in the job stated in the LMO.

From what I hear lately, most of these employers based in Saskatchewan are doing the ENTIRE process for you so that means they are looking after the Work Permit as well. At worst you will have a few forms to fill in giving all the personal info for you and your family that this employer does not have access to.

Wow! There have been quite a few posts since the last time I was here and I will do my best to answer all of the questions.

To this poster, you had previously asked if you would qualify as a federal skilled worker with your designation as a receptionist. The quick answer to that is NO. You were rightfully advised to use the IEC opportunity as a way to live and work in Canada on a temporary basis. That's a good idea. However, whether it may or may not give you an opportunity to apply for permanent residence depends on several factors. But most importantly, there must be a program that is open to you, in your situation while you are working in Canada. Right now, in your current situation, there is NO program of permanent residence available to you.

You've just quoted a section from the CIC website that pertains to temporary resident permits (TRPs). There are ONLY appropriate for individuals who are inadmissible to Canada for criminal, medical or security reasons AND have been approved by the Minister to be allowed to enter Canada. TRPs are NOT appropriate for most people so don't confuse yourself with this.

Please understand that the process of obtaining permanent residence (PR) in Canada often involves a lot of STEPS and careful planning. One step at a time. For you, the IEC permit is your first step.

Roxanne

• Advertisement

imagine_08 wrote: »
    Hi there

I applaud your contribution on this thread and time to give information out people.
    I would greatly appreciate some advice in relation to moving to Canada permanently.

Firstly about myself. I'm 30 years of age from Ireland. I have not been in Ireland for over 3 years. I have been in south America (1year) new Zealand (1 year) and now Australia for just over 1 year. My partner is 25 and from Colombia. I work in insurance and she is an economist.

I am wondering what is the best way to apply to emigrate to canada. I have family (aunts and uncles) in Canada that have lived there over 30 years.

Is it possible for me to apply to emigrate to Canada from Australia with my partner?
    If so can I apply for this and also apply for working holiday whilst I await any decision.

Any advise in relation to my best options would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Sean

You have a more complicated situation. It does not look like you are eligible for the IEC permit as you have lived outside of Ireland for the last 3 years. They will allow temporary absences so you could try but I doubt you would get approved. Even if approved, the IEC permit would not allow you partner to be with you in Canada as she would be subject to the rules for Columbia. There is no IEC program for Columbian citizens.

If either of you were able to find a job opportunity in a SKILLED position, you would be able to apply to come to Canada together (assuming you are common-law partners living together for at least 12 months). Whether or not you could apply for permanent immigration status depends on if the job offer is permanent.

You mention that you have family in Canada. Some of the provinces have Family Streams in their provincial nominee programs that might allow you to apply for permanent residence. If your family members are living in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Newfoundland this could be a chance for you and your partner.

Lots of variables.

Roxanne

rojorolo wrote: »
    First thank you so much for offering this oppurtunity for some advice, this is such a daunting process.
    I have applied for the IEC visa. I am an Irish citizen born in Dublin. I moved to Belfast 7 years ago and have moved between Dublin and Belfast ever since. I applied to the IEC through the Irish system as apparently Northern Irish citizens who hold an Irish passport can do that, and I figured as an Irish citizen this would be my only option.

Elsewhere on boards I have seen someone has been refused their visa due to the rule you must be resident in Ireland 3 years prior to the application. I am now petrified this will happen to me also. Is there no way around this? After all I cannot apply through the British system as I am uneligible for a British passport. Should I have lied on my application?

I have heard of this too. No, never a good idea to lie to CIC. It will destroy your credibility with them and haunt you long after the fact. Have you considered looking for a job in Canada and trying to come here as a temporary foreign worker if the IEC permit doesn't work out?

Roxanne

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rojorolo

Thank you so much for replying, I have been fretting quite a bit about this. So you think there is a good chance I may be refused because Northern Ireland is technically in the UK even though citizens from Northern Ireland can apply using the Irish system? Oh dear! Really not what I wanted to hear :(
    Could I apply using the UK system or is that not allowed because I am Irish.

When you say you heard of this is it usually common practice to refuse people in this situation? My boyfriend and I both applied but I have been more based in Belfast the last year than he has so he kept his Irish address as it is his most used. It would be disasterous if he got his but I didn't we are dying to get over.

I didn't consider an alternative to be honest. As my career is in architecture I assumed it would take a while once over in Canada to network and secure a job. Do you need to have one lined up before you go over?

ibh wrote: »
    You just need to get the IEC working holiday visa. This will cover you for your first year in Canada and you can work for whoever you want. While in Canada you can apply for the second year IEC visa (you are only allowed 2 of them in total).

If after that point you intend staying in Canada you can then look at having your company do an LMO for you which allows you to get a work permit to stay in Canada working for that company only. If I remember correctly you can have a maximum of 4 years of this type of visa. But in the meantime you could have gained your Permanent Residency so would have no need to be tied to your employer or to have to deal with re-applying for Work Permits.

basically there is no need to look at the permanent visa's when you are eligible for 2 working holiday visas. Take the simple option and get over to Canada and then see if you want the hassle / expense of getting a permanent visa.

Thank you for providing some really good answers in this thread. However, I would caution you not to oversimplify the LMO process or the process of obtaining permanent residency to Canada. An LMO is not a "survey" and employers have to meet several criteria before an LMO application will even be considered, let alone approved. And obtaining PR to Canada is not as simple as just working in Canada for a few years. You still have to fit into and qualify for a program of permanent residence. I've seen too many people suffer and lose both their money and dream of becoming a permanent resident because they "thought" or "assumed" or "someone told them" something that either wasn't true or didn't apply to their particular situation. The other thing people need to be cautious of is that the rules and regulations for immigration to Canada CHANGE all the time. What worked for your friend two years ago may NOT work for you today.

Having a long term plan is SO very important, especially for those of you coming to Canada on an IEC permit. You have to be able to navigate this system and it is NOT simple by any means. Look, I know everyone is trying to save money and I'm here providing free advice to help. But at the end of the day, each person who wants to become a permanent resident of Canada needs to remember that you are assessed as an INDIVIDUAL in this system and that it might be worth your while to pay $150 or $200 for some advice that will be specific to YOUR situation and will allow you to achieve your end goal. For those who arrive on IEC permits and decide you want to remain in Canada forever, GET advice that is specific to YOU as soon as you make that decision. Contact a reputable lawyer or immigration consultant and create your PLAN. Knowledge is power, especially in immigration matters to Canada.

Roxanne

rojorolo wrote: »
    Thank you so much for replying, I have been fretting quite a bit about this. So you think there is a good chance I may be refused because Northern Ireland is technically in the UK even though citizens from Northern Ireland can apply using the Irish system? Oh dear! Really not what I wanted to hear :(
    Could I apply using the UK system or is that not allowed because I am Irish.

When you say you heard of this is it usually common practice to refuse people in this situation? My boyfriend and I both applied but I have been more based in Belfast the last year than he has so he kept his Irish address as it is his most used. It would be disasterous if he got his but I didn't we are dying to get over.

I didn't consider an alternative to be honest. As my career is in architecture I assumed it would take a while once over in Canada to network and secure a job. Do you need to have one lined up before you go over?

I'm not saying you won't get approved as I don't know the exact details of your situation. However, it's a real possibility so be prepared. If you don't have a UK passport, you won't qualify for the UK system. I hope for the best for you.

It may be time to consider alternatives like trying to secure a job in Canada and go through one of the economic streams. Yes, you would need to have the job lined up and the employer must have received approval to hire a temporary foreign worker. It's not impossible to do this but it does require a lot of work.

But one step at a time. Wait and see what happens with your current IEC application. If it doesn't work, time to move to plan B.

Roxanne

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Guzz

Hi There,

I have a few questions on the Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program, i wonder can you help me??
    We are a family of 5. My husband has an offer of employment with a company in Saskatchewan, he was offered the job at a work abroad expo. At the same expo he was given help to start his visa app online thru the sinp. We have sbmitted our application (online) as we were told to do... and have forwarded hard copies thru the post also as requested.
    Do we need to do anything else? I see some people are saying about applying thru London etc Am i missing something???
    Do you have any idea of waiting times for this program??
    Again i see some people are mentioning fee's for the Visas, does the sinp have a fee??
    In relation to the LMO, will the employer be forwarded the form from immigration or does he have to get it himself??

Thanks in advance!!

Guzz wrote: »
    Hi There,

I have a few questions on the Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program, i wonder can you help me??
    We are a family of 5. My husband has an offer of employment with a company in Saskatchewan, he was offered the job at a work abroad expo. At the same expo he was given help to start his visa app online thru the sinp. We have sbmitted our application (online) as we were told to do... and have forwarded hard copies thru the post also as requested.
    Do we need to do anything else? I see some people are saying about applying thru London etc Am i missing something???
    Do you have any idea of waiting times for this program??
    Again i see some people are mentioning fee's for the Visas, does the sinp have a fee??
    In relation to the LMO, will the employer be forwarded the form from immigration or does he have to get it himself??

Thanks in advance!!

The SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program) is a provincial nominee program for that province. Processing time of applications depends on the category and I'm assuming for you it was Skilled Worker. It will probably take about 3 to 4 months for a decision BUT these times can change depending on the volume of applications they have to assess. There is NO fee to apply for the SINP but it is only step one in the process. First you must be approved and receive the Nomination Certificate. There is NO LMO involved in a provincial nominee program. Once accepted, SINP will issue the certificate and a Letter of Support for you and your family to apply for your work & study permits to come to Canada. They will send this to you. Then YOU must apply for work & study permits to enter Canada. You can do this either at the port of entry or through CHC London. You DO have to pay for these permits. The cost is $150 per work permit and $125 per study permit. For your family your husband is the principal applicant and needs a work permit, you will be eligible for an open work permit and your children (if they are school age) will require study permits. You will also have to apply for permanent residence to Canada for your whole family before the expiry date of your SINP nomination certificate. You can do that before or after you arrive in Canada. And you WILL have to pay the fees for that as well.

Hope that helps.

Roxanne

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Guzz

Thank you sooo much for your reply.
    I have understood so much more about the process from your one reply, the websites are a minefield!!!

I wonder can you help me with another few questions!!
    We re going to go down the temp work permit, when we recieve the sinp, is there still a need for a lmo or does the sinp cancel the need for it out.....
    In relation to the processing times, does the sinp certificate take 3-4mths, or the whole process....... Fingers crossed for the whole process:eek:

Edited to add: Would a faster way of getting there be wait for the sinp, get on a plane and get temp work visa when we land???? How risky is this?? It will be a family of 5 (2 adults, and 3 children aged 9yrs 3yrs and under 1), dont want to arrive to be sent home!!!

Thank you soo much for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dealdish

what additional paperwork is needed for port of entry work and study permits.we are irish couple with job offer in sask too with 4 kids.i dont know what program my partners further employer is going to use yet but he said we can expect to be in sk in 12 weeks at most.can u please help us on this journey over next few weeks.we are unmarried does that mean more forms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Romka

Hello Roxanne,

I am seeking some help to find a solution to our situation.
    My boyfriend is Irish, he is a roofer with over 5 years experience. He is 28 years of age.
    I am Lithuanian, 29 years of age, have more than 3 years experience in IT.
    We would like to move to Canada, at least for a 12 months period to see how things go, but when I contacted firstvisa and usit, they said they were dealing only with Irish passport holders.
    So basically my bf can get a working holiday visa to Canada, but I can't.

What would you suggest for me to do in this situation? Apply for an Irish citizenship? I live here for over 6 years.

Thanks...

Romalda

Advertisement