Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Santa in Cork area?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Was in Douglas Court earlier today and the santas grotto looked really nice, not sure what quality the pressies are etc but it did look lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Went to Fota Santa 2 years ago and it was rubbish. €20 per child was taking the piss (and there was no zoo visit included). 'Santa's elves' consisted of bored teenagers ignoring the kids and just talking to each other.

That would probably be Fota House.

Fota [zoo] Wildlife Park is a separate entity and Christmas of 2010 was the Park's First Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 onthelang

Have to say that the place on kinsale road is great, while santa hasnt got a real beard he is the best I ever brought my kids along to, he even had my twelve year old believing again and the photos were great too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Sorry i have alot of questions and comment so im stuffing them in one post :o
    mariebeth wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is interested, Dan Lowrey's pub on MacCurtain st in the city will be having Santa during the day next Saturday & Sunday for the kids. He'll be there again in the evening (Saturday for definitely) for the adults. Mrs. Claus should be putting in an appearance as well as one of their elves :)

how much will that be it'll be good having one in the city centre, im getting sick of the merchants quay Santa!
    NoDice wrote: »
    IIRC Santa in Blarney is renowned as being the best.
    When i was younger it was the best! but every year for the past few years ive heard too many complaints from people to recommend it.
    seefin wrote: »
    My friend brought her 3 to place near kinsale road roundabout.raved bout it.had elves workshop, reindeer, train etc.photos were best ever.

is that Hanleys? i live near there and am currently looking for a good santa for a 2 1/2 year old!
    beeroclock wrote: »
    Was in Douglas Court earlier today and the santas grotto looked really nice, not sure what quality the pressies are etc but it did look lovely

also not sure about the presents, but i passed it the other day and credit where its due they did a great job of it this year, it looks amazing for a free (i think) santa!
    onthelang wrote: »
    Have to say that the place on kinsale road is great, while santa hasnt got a real beard he is the best I ever brought my kids along to, he even had my twelve year old believing again and the photos were great too

is that Hanleys ?

also santa is arriving in Douglas village tonight at 6.30 on a fire truck in case anyone wants to bring their children to that, i saw it advertised yesterday and its a free santa visit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Not hanleys. she said was place specially set up for this. Think near park n ride but not 100% sure.will check

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Called Santa kingdom or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

Have just completed playing santa in mahon point shopping centre..
    started this morning at 9am and finished up at 7.30pm.. long day for 10 euro an hour and a 10 minute break all day..Have being doing this every weekend since early december..ITS A LONG day and get nothing but abuse from the manager of the operation regularly for the slightest thing..AND HEAT in the santa suit is unbearable to say the least.
    am unemployed so its better then nothing..
    SPARE A THOUGHT FOR the poor man in the red suit..kids landed on your lap every five minutes.. flashing lights blinding your eyes for the photos and having to greet every family with no break all day as if its the first family to visit...HELL IN THE GUISE of christmas...will need to go for therapy after this..

MERRY CHRISTMAS HO HO HO..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

trail man wrote: »
    Have just completed playing santa in mahon point shopping centre..
    started this morning at 9am and finished up at 7.30pm.. long day for 10 euro an hour and a 10 minute break all day..Have being doing this every weekend since early december..ITS A LONG day and get nothing but abuse from the manager of the operation regularly for the slightest thing..AND HEAT in the santa suit is unbearable to say the least.
    am unemployed so its better then nothing..
    SPARE A THOUGHT FOR the poor man in the red suit..kids landed on your lap every five minutes.. flashing lights blinding your eyes for the photos and having to greet every family with no break all day as if its the first family to visit...HELL IN THE GUISE of christmas...will need to go for therapy after this..

01-Bad-Santa-Horiz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

trail man wrote: »

Confused. As the post tile is looking for the best Santa, are you a contender?

BTW this is my own first year with no Santa [as the photographer].

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

Am available do do house partys as santa.. Have done it for years for a multinational..for the annual kiddies party.. They always invite me back every year..get a call every late october from the company..would consider my self an excellent santa.... HO HO HO...

• Advertisement
Advertisement