Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Independents in governement - why not?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

micosoft wrote: »
    Fitzmaurice runs a plant hire business which rents out plant to "traditional" turf cutters who strip mine our priceless and irreplaceable raised bogs. He is without doubt the worst TD in Dail Eireann and a disgrace on every single person who voted him in. Worse then Liam Lawlor. Worse then Lowry. Worse then Ahern. Worse then any Kerry Politician. We can't undo what he has helped do to our environment.

I honestly think Environmental Terrorism should be legislated for and severely.

He runs an agri supply business
    Cutting turf is one part of it.
    As is sillage cutting, fertiliser spreading, drainage etc

People in rural Ireland use turf, what's the shock in that?
    The real destruction of peatlands is being done by Bord na Mona, Harte Peat and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Good loser

There's only one Independent I've any time for - Maureen O'Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    He runs an agri supply business
    Cutting turf is one part of it.
    As is sillage cutting, fertiliser spreading, drainage etc

People in rural Ireland use turf, what's the shock in that?
    The real destruction of peatlands is being done by Bord na Mona, Harte Peat and others.

Nonsense. He ran under the banner of the turf cutters and his lucrative rental business there.

I'm not a fan of the strip mining by BNM or any of the others but we are talking about the deliberate destruction of raised bog which is less then 6% of total bogland. And that all those who had turbury rights removed were given the option of alternative bogs. Yet Fitzmaurcice and crew still rented out equipment to destroy these areas by mechanically strip mining them.

But you already knew that.
    And you know your comment that BNM etc is also completely untrue as it applies to blanket bogs.

This article gives the reason why Independents like Fitzmaurice and Ming are responsible for the destruction of our inherited environment in return for personal gain. Which can never be undone.

Advertisement