Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Youths Rugby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭munsterman96

KJY wrote: »
    Only the first half of the first match, but surely if they seem to be an equal or better team you'd imagine they'd have more. Can't say any of those 'Park lads aren't deserving of their place though. There was a few on the initial squad who I was sceptical about but those lads all deserve it. I'm sure more of yere lads would be involved

did anyone stand out for you from clon as i highly think more should be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 21 slatterg

Nice bits of press on Bandon in the cork media. Seems to be a great buzz around. Am really looking forward to it.

interview on red fm

http://www.redfm.ie/news/sport/bandon-under-19s-set-for-all-ireland-final/

Article in the examiner

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/town-rivalries-forgotten-as-bandon-focus-on-u19-final-228848.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Nenagh won the double in East Munster at 19s level after defeating Clonmel in Clonmel 14-13 in the East Cup final.
    Best of luck to all 4 sides playing in the all Ireland finals tomorrow. Hopefully there is 2 great games of rugby

I am again going to try and live tweet the u19s game

Munster Youths beat Munster Schools in Rockwell 25-20 this morning

In the all Ireland finals Navan beat Sligo 30-18 in the under 17 final and Bandon are 12-0 up in 19s at halftime

• Advertisement

Bandon won 15-3 great game. Absolutely delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Clonmacken2011

ormond lad wrote: »
    Munster Youths beat Munster Schools in Rockwell 25-20 this morning

In the all Ireland finals Navan beat Sligo 30-18 in the under 17 final and Bandon are 12-0 up in 19s at halftime

The result of the Youths v Schools. Are Youths stronger for the coming season than last season? Where you at the game? Any player stand out from the Youths side? Cheers in advance.

Well done Bandon

The result of the Youths v Schools. Are Youths stronger for the coming season than last season? Where you at the game? Any player stand out from the Youths side? Cheers in advance.
    Presume Youths are quite strong this year. No I was not at game. Heard result from somebody at game. Only was told the result and heard no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

any idea who the black lad on the left wing for bandon is? Serious athlete

• Advertisement

lurtz wrote: »
    any idea who the black lad on the left wing for bandon is? Serious athlete
    Mighty Okafur. Very good athlete. decent enough in the 100 and 200mtr on the track
    Match Report is below
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/11856.php

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Well done Bandon, great win.

heard again that its fairly certain about the age changes

heard again that its fairly certain about the age changes
    Again that's been said every year. who's pushing the change?
    Senior Clubs prefer the 19/21s as they get more players for their under 21 sides.
    Not sure would a change to 18s work in ways some think it would.
    Do you want a change back?
    Think 17s, 19s is working and clubs who cant field at 19s should be combining with others who can so players elgible still get rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

There is some logic behind u18's. The drop of in numbers is outstanding in that one year. The East 17's has 2 divisions of 5/6 teams while 19s has 4 teams. I do agree with your point about player recognition though OL, although in fairness, I think the development squad games determine players making Provincial squads more so than club games.

I'd be pretty happy with either way if I'm honest but 18s/20s does have it's advantages. I think missing a year of rugby would suck though

KJY wrote: »
    There is some logic behind u18's. The drop of in numbers is outstanding in that one year. The East 17's has 2 divisions of 5/6 teams while 19s has 4 teams. I do agree with your point about player recognition though OL, although in fairness, I think the development squad games determine players making Provincial squads more so than club games.

I'd be pretty happy with either way if I'm honest but 18s/20s does have it's advantages. I think missing a year of rugby would suck though
    I don't think 18s/20s has that many advantages over what is in place currently. what advantages are you talking about?
    Yes the drop off of clubs if you take the East at 19s level this year was big but numbers will increase every year in this format. Galbally won the East under 17s Cup this season, they will be able to field a decent side at 19s that they haven't done in a while on the back of that squad. Clan always field as do Nenagh, Clonmel, Waterpark, Kilfeacle at 19s. Its getting the likes of Cashel, Thurles, Waterford City to be fielding at 19s.

Munster Squads

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Dropkick22

Vote to go back to 18,s was won by 14-3 , the 3 clubs to vote against we're con highfield I heard clon but I could be wrong !
    I think if they leave it as is for another year and clubs use the rule of B schools like bandon did this year , a lot more teams will follow ! ( not that I'm a fan of that rule)
    It won't suit clubs that are feeder for A schools but they tend to be senior clubs

thought it was for next year no?

The talk all year in south munster is how bandon got 6 players from B schools - 1 temporary transfer too , they are a very good team , well deserved all Ireland champions

• Registered Users Posts: 48 aspin

Dropkick22 wrote: »
    The talk all year in south munster is how bandon got 6 players from B schools - 1 temporary transfer too , they are a very good team , well deserved all Ireland champions

is this applied by other provinces or is it just munster schools?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭BigHeel

What B school or schools did they get them from??

I don't know to be honest, as far as I know it's only in munster , only b schools I know in south munster are bandon and midleton

they all came from bandon grammer, Apparently there was uproar

No complaints this morning I'd say haha

the same happened in midleton

Those stories were doing the rounds, city clubs must be envious as most players there leave for A schools , I've heard between con highfield dolphin sundayswell they loose about 50 to 60 players to A schools in 1st year , most never return to their original club

• Registered Users Posts: 48 aspin

yep full marks for creativity. didnt see match, sounds like they won well

No rules broken , just using the laws as they were put down! The main thing ( in south munster) the likes of youghal kinsale midelton Cobh bandon clon maybe bantry and dunmanway all get to retain players

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

was this a full branch vote or a south munster vote?

• Advertisement

I honestly don't know I presume so as you,ve read , its common knowledge that teams did it this year in south munster

Advertisement