Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Funny Side of not being straight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

JVm46.jpg

gay-marriages.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I had an incident where i discussed my sexuality with a friend. Being straight and having an attraction to women, he was perplexed at the idea of me becoming a lesbian. I may as well have tried to explain string theory to him. I never heard someone to stutter so much in confusion :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

it's subtle, but...

20101228.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

John invited his mother over for dinner. During the meal, his mother couldn't help noticing how handsome John's roommate was. She had long been suspicious of Johns' sexual orientation and this only made her more curious.

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between John and the roommate than met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, John volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Mark and I are just roommates."

About a week later, Mark came to John and said, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose she took it, do you?"

John said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote: "Dear Mother, I'm not saying you 'did' take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take a gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner."

Several days later, John received a letter from his mother which read: "Dear Son, I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Mark, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with Mark. But the fact remains that if he was sleeping in his own bed, he would have found the gravy ladle by now. Love, Mom"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    John invited his mother over for dinner. During the meal, his mother couldn't help noticing how handsome John's roommate was. She had long been suspicious of Johns' sexual orientation and this only made her more curious.

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between John and the roommate than met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, John volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Mark and I are just roommates."

About a week later, Mark came to John and said, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose she took it, do you?"

John said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure." So he sat down and wrote: "Dear Mother, I'm not saying you 'did' take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take a gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner."

Several days later, John received a letter from his mother which read: "Dear Son, I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Mark, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with Mark. But the fact remains that if he was sleeping in his own bed, he would have found the gravy ladle by now. Love, Mom"

END THE COMPETITION, CLOSE THE THREAD, WE HAVE A WINNER!

20110104.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭deirdre_dub

I was on the DART on my way into town. I was sitting on the seat beside the aisle. Between me and the window there was a woman, and she was talking to her two friends who were in the two seats facing us.

The DART pulled into a station, and I was just minding my own business, when, next thing, the woman beside me, bold as brass, says "I can't tell if that is a man or a woman". Eeek. :eek:

Nervously, I look in her direction. She is pointing out the window at a pony-tail haired person who is standing on the platform outside - she isn't referring to me at all!!! :D

I had thought if I should introduce myself! Although a better suggestion came from one of my friends, who said that I should have joined in and said "yeah, it can be difficult to tell sometimes"! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Don't know if it's funny, but it's certainly something!

http://www.autostraddle.com/effing-dykes-what-lies-beneath-her-nails-68129/

:eek::eek::eek::eek: (I posted this in TLL, so apologies if people have seen it before...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DS333

Dr. Baltar wrote: »

Thanks, Dr. Baltar,

That is brilliant. I'll dine out on that instead of the Jack Russell and the bunny rabbit in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

God I love that 'perils of lesbianity' one. SO GOOD every time I watch it!!

Posted in Is It Wrong to Be Gay? and an old favourite of mine.

How do people believe this poo poo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Yeahh... when you think about it, that's not funny.

Yeahh... when you think about it, that's not funny.

I understand how the wider picture is; how it's extremely oppressive for LGBT people in Uganda and how terrible it must be. But this thread is about ignoring all that and trying to find the humour in everything even if it is people like the Westboro Baptist Church and idiotic Ugandan Homophobes.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

My OH told his sister he was gay a few years ago

OH-So,I'm gay
    Sister-Right...you know X from down the road is a lesbian don't you?
    OH-Oh yeah,I'd heard that.
    Sister-Well,you're both gay,could ye not get together?
    OH-.............

Links, I've been passively looking for that clip for bloody ages thank you!

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »

I don't know why but I laughed for about 5 minutes after that!

I couldn't find a better quality clip anywhere unfortunately.

Oh and also!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

That Simpsons clip brings back memories. I remember being very little and not understanding the majority of that episode because I didn't know what the word gay meant. =P

I remember when my friends next door neighbour found out I was bi. He was only about twelve at the time (I was fifteen) and didn't know much about the whole thing. He asked 'But how do you know you're bisexual?' I replied 'Well how do you know you're straight?' Poor guy thought I was questioning his sexuality and got very defensive. =P

Another time I caused the problem. Was at a house party and sitting outside having a smoke with a friend who's also bi. We were talking about what we look or in both genders when our male friend came out. I asked what he looked for in a girl and he just shrugged and changed subject. About fifteen minutes later he blurted out 'I'm gay.' Problem was I'm a spacy person, especially when I think of a good point to make in a discussion so my reply 'Yeah so anyway *insert whatever we were talking about here*' Poor guy had to come out to me again the same night 'cause I didn't hear him the first time.

Edit:I don't think I've ever said 'poor guy' before in my life yet I somehow managed to used it twice in one post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I came out to my parents and brother over christmas. My mam said it's was fine as long as I'm happy, but she also said that now it's kind of cool to have a gay son. And this is the first thing that crossed my mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46WSydfCMSQ

:lol

I'm a godsent! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

My mum was a bit disappointed I didn't want to go shopping with her in the recent sales for a wedding piece (apparently the chicle of every young hip and happening gay son! :D)

Also this song and corresponding video.....

This post just turned up in "You laugh, you lose".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

during my up down years of .. > privious history :confused:im not bi or gay:eek: . i told a friend when i was that i was bi. first thing he asked me , "what eyebrow should i get pierced. is left straight and right gay?'. I didnt know what the hell to say , twas the first i heard of it:D. Lol but does it really matter??:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

I only recently came out to my parents as my mother can be a little funny about bisexuality.

I'd been seeing my girlfreind for a couple of months when she emmigrated to Canada. I spent all savings on a long-haul fligh to see her for a month which was quite unusual for me, as a avid smoker, the idea of 17 hours without a cigarette fills me with fear.

On my return and a couple of glasses of wine:

Her: So did you meet any nice fellas over there?
    Me: No. Ma, I'm kind of seeing "girlfriend's name"
    Her: What do you mean seeing? As in gay seeing?
    Me: Yeah
    Her: As in gay?
    Me: Yeah
    Her: Loooong pause and chicken arse face... I don't think you're gay.
    Me: Why not?
    Her: You're not gay. You just like trying new things.

First thing that pops into my head is "Trying new things? What like *insert crude word here to describe lady bits*?!?"

Thankfully, that last one didn't come out of my mouth.

tumblr_lfn17v7THx1qg1zzmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lexglonqOp1qbi5czo1_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

My friend was telling my other russian friend whos not the most liberal person known to man that i was gay and his description of his reaction was

"it was exactly like a child finding out santa wasn't real "

Advertisement